F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it customary for JLR to keep your car 6 days before diagnosing a problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Here it is 4 days later, and they still haven’t looked at my car. JAGUAR SOUTH ATLANTA is the worst! It’s been 11 days . I keep getting text updates it will be tomorrow or Monday or whatever. I’m assured my car is the next in queue!

Old 08-03-2020, 10:48 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Change dealer and if there’s nothing else close by then call Jaguar USA and make a complaint. Jaguar and Land Rover have been working very hard on providing the customer with the best service because they know they have inconsistent quality with a lot of their products. My dealer is excellent with service.
You got to be kidding me, you are telling me that JLR USA has been working very hard to provide the customer with the best service? I had to contact JAG UK because the USA office refused to make a simple five-minute call to the dealer and inform them to fix their own mess. I had to let arrange everything myself to get some problems fixed. Also, that lady at the Corporate line was EXTREMELY rude and trying to be a smart ***. They would also call your f type a Land Rover just because it is in the same group. When I made those several phone calls I told her it is a Jag multiple times and it kept being called a god damn 'Land Rover vehicle'.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Change dealer and if there’s nothing else close by then call Jaguar USA and make a complaint. Jaguar and Land Rover have been working very hard on providing the customer with the best service because they know they have inconsistent quality with a lot of their products. My dealer is excellent with service.
The complaint is a damn joke, NA office I tried to make a complaint on improper repair and the rep said no. I had the Greenville dealer service manager with me and she told my service manager either I pay out of pocket or beg for goodwill with Gwinett(one who messed it up). Submitted a complaint on the forum with the UK headquarters, still heard nothing back beside the case is getting reviewed.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:47 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin
They would also call your f type a Land Rover just because it is in the same group.
More likely it's because "Land Rover" is easier to pronounce properly ...

Old 08-04-2020, 07:17 AM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered a new American Manufactured car in the 1990's. Every time I took the car to the dealership for warranty work it would take 24-48 hours and the warranty work was shoddy or not done. One time I needed some warranty work done that required them adjust the valves. I took some of my wife's fingernail polish and marked 2 bolts where they met the valve covers. Took the car to the dealer who kept it overnight. When they delivered the car to me I had the service tech open the hood. The bolts were untouched! I immediately refused acceptance and asked to see the service manager. When the service manager came out I pointed out the marked bolts, told him I have before and after photos proving the work was never done. I threatened to call corporate and tell them that this dealership is charging them for warranty work that is not being done, and they may lose their dealership license! He was horrified! He immediately took my back to the service bay, gave me a rental and had the car done the next day. Every time I took my car back for anything, they gave me a rental and had my car done in 4 hours!

Old 08-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
How hard is it to say Jaag wire? lol

Old 08-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyCruiser
I ordered a new American Manufactured car in the 1990's. Every time I took the car to the dealership for warranty work it would take 24-48 hours and the warranty work was shoddy or not done. One time I needed some warranty work done that required them adjust the valves. I took some of my wife's fingernail polish and marked 2 bolts where they met the valve covers. Took the car to the dealer who kept it overnight. When they delivered the car to me I had the service tech open the hood. The bolts were untouched! I immediately refused acceptance and asked to see the service manager. When the service manager came out I pointed out the marked bolts, told him I have before and after photos proving the work was never done. I threatened to call corporate and tell them that this dealership is charging them for warranty work that is not being done, and they may lose their dealership license! He was horrified! He immediately took my back to the service bay, gave me a rental and had the car done the next day. Every time I took my car back for anything, they gave me a rental and had my car done in 4 hours!
And, I’ll bet that they only swapped a couple of bolts around.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:52 PM

The dealer finally looked at my car today. The rep said that the tech couldn’t find anything wrong with it , and the Cat is definetely not bad. Didn’t say wether he cleared the codes or if the CEL is still on. Made the suggestion it was a bad tank of gas, and I should buy a high end fuel treatment and run it hard for a while to see if that helps. On the bright side, the service visit was no charge, so there is that!

Last edited by Madscott; 08-04-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m hoping to find and buy m a recent model CPO F-Type at some point soon.

My best gear head friend says I’m nuts. Says things like: pick a (Jag) dealership with the service department that has the best coffee, because you’re going to be spending a lot of time there hahaha.

This thread seems to outline all the rap against British cars - parking lots jammed up with cars in need of repairs, gremlins that can’t be found etc.

Scary...

Old 08-05-2020, 01:51 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Quickstep192
This thread seems to outline all the rap against British cars - parking lots jammed up with cars in need of repairs, gremlins that can’t be found etc.
That says more about the dealers than the cars. IME Jaguar are no less reliable than other comparable makes and far more reliable than ignorant people who've never had one, think. The problems arose in the bad old days of the 1970s and 1980s when British workers were, shall we say, less than competent in the motor manufacturing sector, and that reputation has persisted long after it was justified.

You do need to find a decent dealer, though, although that may take some finding, or a decent independent with knowledge of the marque. And when they're running well, they're great cars, good luck with your search!

Old 08-05-2020, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by scm
But I really hate a sexy big cat being called a truck. Besides, she pronounced it wrong anyway when the last time she sad 'Jaguar'. Might because somebody laughed at her saying it improperly so she just decided to say LR instead?

Old 08-05-2020, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Quickstep192
I’m hoping to find and buy m a recent model CPO F-Type at some point soon.

My best gear head friend says I’m nuts. Says things like: pick a (Jag) dealership with the service department that has the best coffee, because you’re going to be spending a lot of time there hahaha.

Scary...
Among all 4 cars I owned, three are British. Two Aston, one Jag, and an Austrian made German and Japanese half breed mistake. I think what I should clarify is that there is no issue with British Cars IF the work on them was carried by people that are not imbeciles. I took my Virage and Vantage to an indy. He gives me a good price, clean work, an accurate time frame, no delay no bs, and no return for the second time repair. Motorcars of Atlanta worked on my Aston once, good experience with the rep, work was done in the given time frame, nice environment. I had my PPI done on the Vantage by Long Island AM. I called them that the car need to go in on phone in the late afternoon and received the result the next day with every single detail that isn't perfect in the car(while I was traveling from CA to SC). These are the service I want from a British car dealer or service rep. Not some headless chicken running around in the dealer and not doing anything properly. Fix the car by not losing bolts or brackets and get it done within the original time frame. Repair the problem once and for all, don't let me come back for the same damn issue every month. Make it easier to reach the service advisor. I think the Aston experience I had is one tier up compared to Porsche or Maserati(which both are very good). The Jag, on the other hand, was somewhat like a visit to Toyota dealer with the supra, nobody gives a **** and wait with all the corolla people. Except they actually could get the problem fixed with one strike.
Some times I often consider getting a German counterpart, not because of the engineering superiority crap but simply just for the fact that they won't repair your car to a status worse than the original. So this post does not 'outline all rap against British cars', we are here to talk about the incompetent Jag dealers. To be honest, your gear friend IS right, but not for the reason of the car being British but for the reason of some lazy *** incompetent American idiots that misplace items and poorly comply with the service books.

Old 08-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by scm
That says more about the dealers than the cars. IME Jaguar are no less reliable than other comparable makes and far more reliable than ignorant people who've never had one, think. The problems arose in the bad old days of the 1970s and 1980s when British workers were, shall we say, less than competent in the motor manufacturing sector, and that reputation has persisted long after it was justified.

You do need to find a decent dealer, though, although that may take some finding, or a decent independent with knowledge of the marque. And when they're running well, they're great cars, good luck with your search!
my limited experience with Jag dealers is that they are a little smug! I WILL AGREE with your assessment of the reliability of the F type. Because it is so fun to drive, I tend to put it through more top down, V8 roaring ‘abuse’ than any car I have ever owned. It has pretty much taken everything I’ve given it without complaining. This being the my first dealer service visit will attest to that!

Last edited by Madscott; 08-05-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

6 Days!!!!! 6 Days!!! My GOD I love Jaguars. Don’t buy a McLaren!! 3 months 12 days and counting. Loved my Cat!!!

Old 08-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

my local dealership ALWAYS takes forever to look at my car after dropping it off. so annoying

Old 08-08-2020, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

My dealer has always been able to properly correct my minor problems but never on time. Since I always have a nice loaner It never bothers me and dealer is very convenient. The only time car was in for extended stay involved argument with extended warrany company and they were fighting for me. I had a brand new Range Rover Velar loaner.