F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas/Plano Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadairjet
I think I saw you up at the Shops at Legacy one time. Looking forward to meeting you at C&C.
Was that a few years ago? If so I was in the xkr175 we had. I've only been to one meet with guys from this forum and it was on legacy, I believe.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Just trying to get a possible head count for Cars and Coffee on Saturday. Anybody?

Old 06-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm out.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

too early for me.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I work most Saturday mornings but in the event I am off on the Saturday that you all set something up, I would most certainly join you all

Old 06-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Location, Location, Location

Good day.

Your Dallas/Plano heading caught my eye. I cut my teeth on MGs, TRs, Healy's, and the likes for some 40 years. I live in Heath and have owned a 2004 XKR for some 10 years and it has been an absolute joy on my yearly vacations around the country. It has always performed extremely well for me on these jaunts, which brings me to the subject line.

We drove up north to Colorado to take in the mountains and various tourism railroads. On the way home we stopped for the night in Santa Rosa, New Mexico at which time the jag appeared to be running perfectly. The next morning it would not start, it would crank but not start. I had it trailered some 100 miles to the Jag dealer in Albuquerque. It was Memorial Day so had to lay over 2 days till they opened on Tuesday.

Two hours of testing led to a list of major problems. 6 of 8 cylinders severely failing compression tests, fouled plugs, gas in the oil, to list only a few of the problems. They seemed to think that the engine had over heated but there was no indication of this at any time on the temp gauge. I was told that Jag Corp. rebuilds the engines and the service man guessed the cost could be upwards to 20K.

I had the jag again trailered back home to Heath, Texas. My question is are there any foreign auto shops in the Dallas area that you or your jag associates would recommend for such work? The jag itself is in an over all condition I would rate as a 9 out of 10. I very much want keep it for many years to come.

FYI: This may help someone in similar circumstances. Something I did learn out of all this is that this year and model of jag requires a special eyebolt assembly which is inserted in the under carriage when towing is required as there are no built in tie points.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

The eye bolt is stored next to the battery in the boot.