F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashcam - a MUST

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 12:52 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
It would be difficult to argue that having a dashcam in FType17's situation was a game-changer, but that's kind of being a Monday morning quarterback. The same case could be made for the person who decided not to go on a trip where the flight s/he was on ended up crashing or one of a thousand other examples. The point is that choosing to approach life from a fear perspective does not work out so well for most people.

I am for any individual chooses who to have a dashcam [or fifty of them for that matter], but in this age of safety at any cost, we end up as we have over the past couple of years with an approach to life mandated by politicians who will do anything to insure their place at the public trough. Millions of businesses were lost, hundreds of millions of people adversely affected by policies designed to "protect" the public from LIVING. This is antithetical to being a free person where each individual must choose for what makes the most sense for themselves and their families.

I always thought that driving a car like an Ftype was sort of like giving the finger to those who believe that we should all be incarcerated in vehicles that are all warning beeps and bells and no soul. Again, to each his own, but I can see the powers that be mandating universal cameras that record every second of our lives [of course, for our own good].

I, for one, will continue to take my chances and if tomorrow is the day fate chooses for me to move on to another form, so be it, but at least I will have accomplished living as a free person unwilling to succumb to the fear that is destroying Western culture.
Can we please leave politics out of this? What has happened over the last couple of years is absolutely nothing like use of a dash cam and does nothing but advertise your utter ignorance of the events of the past two years. You have the right to be stupid, but you don't have the right to endanger everyone around you, your country, and the entire human race. This BS is unacceptable, period.

The following users liked this post:
datriani (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:50 PM
Received 190 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Can we please leave politics out of this? What has happened over the last couple of years is absolutely nothing like use of a dash cam and does nothing but advertise your utter ignorance of the events of the past two years. You have the right to be stupid, but you don't have the right to endanger everyone around you, your country, and the entire human race. This BS is unacceptable, period.
You mean like you did?

Take your fear elsewhere. I don't want to hear it.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:34 PM
Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

It would be difficult to argue that having a dashcam in FType17's situation was a game-changer, but that's kind of being a Monday morning quarterback. The same case could be made for the person who decided not to go on a trip where the flight s/he was on ended up crashing or one of a thousand other examples. The point is that choosing to approach life from a fear perspective does not work out so well for most people.

I am for any individual chooses who to have a dashcam [or fifty of them for that matter], but in this age of safety at any cost, we end up as we have over the past couple of years with an approach to life mandated by politicians who will do anything to insure their place at the public trough. Millions of businesses were lost, hundreds of millions of people adversely affected by policies designed to "protect" the public from LIVING. This is antithetical to being a free person where each individual must choose for what makes the most sense for themselves and their families.

I always thought that driving a car like an Ftype was sort of like giving the finger to those who believe that we should all be incarcerated in vehicles that are all warning beeps and bells and no soul. Again, to each his own, but I can see the powers that be mandating universal cameras that record every second of our lives [of course, for our own good].

I, for one, will continue to take my chances and if tomorrow is the day fate chooses for me to move on to another form, so be it, but at least I will have accomplished living as a free person unwilling to succumb to the fear that is destroying Western culture.
I do not understand this post at all. I have a dash cam myself, not for fear of my safety but to have in case I need to prove I am innocent of some violation/accident. do u think videos are automagically uploaded somewhere that is being used against u?

datriani (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 03:39 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Craaaazzy
.... do u think videos are automagically uploaded somewhere that is being used against u?
Isn't there a basement under a Pizza place where all the dashcam videos are stored?

The following 2 users liked this post by scm:
datriani (01-31-2022), SVR 575 (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 04:22 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

I love this forum and there are people here who want to help others enjoy their ride as much as possible and personally, I find it fun to work on my car and try new things. Sometimes I keep it, sometimes I don't but it's everyones right to try something and see if it makes sense for them without someone else jumping in a giving a negative, politically charged response that has no relevance and is out of context.

Regarding the Parking Cam functionality, it's a benefit to having a camera but not the only reason why I bought it. Did I buy so that I can use it in court against another driver or cop? Yes but it's not the only reason either. Did I buy it record the idiot drivers around me that try to race? Yes but again, it's not the only reason. Did I buy it for any 1 particular reason? No because there are enough reasons to have one but it's not from a place of fear.

I think your assumption is more of personal reflection and something you're trying to fight while the rest of us are perfectly happy learning and helping each other. Likewise, take your fear elsewhere. Doesn't sound like anyone here really wants to hear it either.

WayneB (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Craaaazzy
I do not understand this post at all. I have a dash cam myself, not for fear of my safety but to have in case I need to prove I am innocent of some violation/accident. do u think videos are automagically uploaded somewhere that is being used against u?
It's about a culture of attempting to be safe no matter the cost. The dashcam is just a one example. I don't have a dashcam and really don't care if anybody does. My problem is that it is likely in the near future that the government will mandate such [in the name of safety]. Another intrusion into personal privacy. I get that most people could care less, but I thought the Ftype crowd would err on the side of pushing back against such infringements.

How can you folks be triggered by comments on dashcams?

And btw, the OP initiated his comments by stating this was off-topic.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:39 PM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

Synthesis why don't you just start your own new thread on this. You have changed the whole mood of the thread from something that is good intentioned and trying to help other members by Ftype17 to your own agenda.

datriani (01-31-2022)
Old 01-31-2022, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Borbor
Synthesis why don't you just start your own new thread on this. You have changed the whole mood of the thread from something that is good intentioned and trying to help other members by Ftype17 to your own agenda.
Obviously it was a mistake to engage this group. Oh well.

And good luck with what's going on in your country!

Old 01-31-2022, 08:12 PM
Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

The only one who seems “triggered” is you and your political view. No one else here mentioned anything to that effect.

back on topic…OP, glad you and your daughter recovered. And good to hear that the dash cam helped prove you were not at fault. I’ve got a Viofo A129 dual, power running down the A pillar, and wired to the passenger side fuse box …pretty easy install.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:51 PM

You mean like you did?

Take your fear elsewhere. I don't want to hear it.
Here's a hint: FACTS are not a political opinion. But you will never figure that out. There's a lot you will never figure out. GO AWAY, there needs to be ZERO tolerance for your complete nonsense.

datriani (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 08:53 AM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

It's about a culture of attempting to be safe no matter the cost. The dashcam is just a one example. I don't have a dashcam and really don't care if anybody does. My problem is that it is likely in the near future that the government will mandate such [in the name of safety]. Another intrusion into personal privacy. I get that most people could care less, but I thought the Ftype crowd would err on the side of pushing back against such infringements.

How can you folks be triggered by comments on dashcams?

And btw, the OP initiated his comments by stating this was off-topic.
Interesting, but it begs the questions: Do you have a cell phone? Have you disconnected and rendered the antennas on your vehicles completely useless?

Old 02-01-2022, 10:31 AM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Wow....Judgmental name callers and bitter comments...Scratchin this thread and headed for the barn.

scm (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
Here's a hint: FACTS are not a political opinion. But you will never figure that out. There's a lot you will never figure out. GO AWAY, there needs to be ZERO tolerance for your complete nonsense.
And it is YOU [and others that think just like you] who have determined what is acceptable thought, right?

Zero tolerance is NOT freedom. It is authoritarianism.

This was an off topic post by an OP who stated that a dushcam is a must. I disagreed and the snowflakes started to fall. Give your opinion but nobody is interested in how offended you might feel by a comment that has nothing to do with you.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by SVR 575
Interesting, but it begs the questions: Do you have a cell phone? Have you disconnected and rendered the antennas on your vehicles completely useless?
Yes I do [have a cell phone] but isn't it bad enough that every phone conversation we have had and every text message we send has been stored away by the government? Would you like to have every second your are in your car to be recorded as well? It's coming.

Maybe you don't care. Most people don't seem to care about much of anything anymore, I get that, but there are still those of us out there who do. And there are those who understand this [reading this thread] but are afraid to speak up. Eventually, they will have no choice. Of course, it will be too late as what little is left of our privacy slowly burns out.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Yes I do [have a cell phone] but isn't it bad enough that every phone conversation we have had and every text message we send has been stored away by the government? Would you like to have every second your are in your car to be recorded as well? It's coming.

Maybe you don't care. Most people don't seem to care about much of anything anymore, I get that, but there are still those of us out there who do. And there are those who understand this [reading this thread] but are afraid to speak up. Eventually, they will have no choice. Of course, it will be too late as what little is left of our privacy slowly burns out.
You know your phone is a tracking device and yet you still use it, and you also probably know that you're vehicles (unless you're driving an older car) are recording all sorts of info as you tool down the road along with the info the LEO's want to see 20 seconds before you pile it up.

With all this convenient stuff we have tracking us why would anyone give a flying **** what a car camera is recording, let's be honest it's all minutiae and no one is looking at it unless you get on the wrong side of the law. Now if you're planning to roll a bank or move some heavy narcotics you're a fool if you don't go completely dark, or if you're really sharp commit a crime where you are wearing wire rimmed glasses while toting a briefcase, it decreases the chance of getting hurt and if you do get caught you will probably do time in a CC prison, nothing is guaranteed but the odds are....

Life is to short for me to worry about stuff that is out of my control. I've had lot's of fun being a scofflaw at times, the main thing is to only hurt yourself and not some innocent bystander, live by that rule and no one gives a rats *** what we do.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by SVR 575
With all this convenient stuff we have tracking us why would anyone give a flying **** what a car camera is recording, let's be honest it's all minutiae and no one is looking at it unless you get on the wrong side of the law.
I understand what you are saying but perhaps you should sit down sometime with somebody from China and ask them what it's like when the security state becomes a reality.

People have been saying for decades what you say and slowly but surely our freedoms have been pared away. Tracking you via cell phone has an easy solution. Mandating video of your movements in your vehicle is an entire different level of privacy loss.

The reason to covet one's privacy becomes obvious once this information is used by agencies out to "protect you from yourself." Wait until you see what's coming down the pike with your medical information that will soon be available to nearly anybody. As a physician, I am charged with collecting such and sending it to corporations and the government that will do what they please. Vaccination mandates are only the beginning.

As citizens, our privacy is all we have that is our own. Give it up and so goes your individuality, as well.

Sparky H (02-03-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 04:26 PM

I understand what you are saying but perhaps you should sit down sometime with somebody from China and ask them what it's like when the security state becomes a reality.

People have been saying for decades what you say and slowly but surely our freedoms have been pared away. Tracking you via cell phone has an easy solution. Mandating video of your movements in your vehicle is an entire different level of privacy loss.

The reason to covet one's privacy becomes obvious once this information is used by agencies out to "protect you from yourself." Wait until you see what's coming down the pike with your medical information that will soon be available to nearly anybody. As a physician, I am charged with collecting such and sending it to corporations and the government that will do what they please. Vaccination mandates are only the beginning.

As citizens, our privacy is all we have that is our own. Give it up and so goes your individuality, as well.
This is comical. You accuse everyone else of living in fear and yet it seems like you’re the one wearing aluminum foil on your head and throwing out future conspiracy theories about big brother.

I agree that we shouldn’t accept everything for face value but come on man, you’re going off the deep end and not accepting technology, reality and the path we’re headed down. You can fight it all you want but I can tell you that you will lose this battle and will end up being an angry, bitter individual.

Relax and go drive your car without a dash cam.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:35 PM

I also hate to tell you that the “privacy” train already left the station when Bush was in office. Where were you then?

If this is such a big deal for you, why are you on this forum complaining and not out there fighting for all of “us”. Thank you for nothing.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

Seriously the problem with the world is everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too and at no personal cost to themselves

You are ranting about the loss of privacy and then in the next sentence admit to collecting and distributing private data.
That is the worse double standards ever. It is your choice not to distribute this data. If you are a true idealist you can move to completely private billing and not provide any data to anyone but you choose to do what you do for your own wallet.
De-identified data is not going to hurt anyone's privacy and is in fact essential for government to assist the health system. Yet you complain..sigh

datriani (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 05:58 PM

And it is YOU [and others that think just like you] who have determined what is acceptable thought, right?

Zero tolerance is NOT freedom. It is authoritarianism.

This was an off topic post by an OP who stated that a dushcam is a must. I disagreed and the snowflakes started to fall. Give your opinion but nobody is interested in how offended you might feel by a comment that has nothing to do with you.
What part of GO AWAY didn't you understand? Guess that shouldn't be surprising either. You have already proven that the world you live in is too complicated for you.

To everyone else, don't waste your time trying to reason with someone that is disconnected from reason.

Why doesn't this forum have the option enabled that lets you ignore people? I know other forums that use this software have that option, I don't see it here.

datriani (02-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Dashcam - a MUST