F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashcam - a MUST

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 06:43 PM
Received 202 Likes on 127 Posts

I hope you guys wake-up before it's too late to do something for your kids and theirs' [if not for yourselves]. These are not ordinary times, but instead, the culmination of a century of massive systemic dys-function on display for all to see as the decade unfolds. These first two years were just the opening act of some serious institutional mayhem coming our way.

But just the same, enjoy your lives, your families, and your cars [as have I]. I am sorry that I interjected some real life into this fantasy-space [which I thoroughly enjoy, as well], but sometimes you just have to go for it [despite how the sheeple so fervently push back].

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Old 02-01-2022, 09:22 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

And back for more. There's only one dysfunction here.

Amazing how people who are completely disconnected from reality think everyone else is. When its because of Dementia, its sad, when its not, its pathetic.

You, and people like you are going the way of the Dodo bird, evolution at work. The only question is whether you will drag the rest of us down with you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jay_Davis:
datriani (02-01-2022), scm (02-02-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 09:54 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
I hope you guys wake-up before it's too late to do something for your kids and theirs' [if not for yourselves]. These are not ordinary times, but instead, the culmination of a century of massive systemic dys-function on display for all to see as the decade unfolds. These first two years were just the opening act of some serious institutional mayhem coming our way.

But just the same, enjoy your lives, your families, and your cars [as have I]. I am sorry that I interjected some real life into this fantasy-space [which I thoroughly enjoy, as well], but sometimes you just have to go for it [despite how the sheeple so fervently push back].

I went to JHU and many of my fraternity brothers are now physicians and surgeons. We get together once a year and the conversations all start about politics and government but when you dig in and really get to the core of their frustration with the government, it all boils down to how much less they are making than they thought they would as a doctor. Weak arguments about how the government is doing this and doing that but end of the day, it's all about money and how the government is screwing them over with these new regulations and mandates. I hear this BS on an annual basis and when I call it out, the topic changes.

Your argument is weak. You can create this 1984 scenario in your head and think everyone else is stupid for not agreeing with you but honestly, it's comical. Nothing worse than a bitter doctor, they are the most miserable individuals to be around because their intelligence is usually overshadowed by their ego. You're not manipulating anyone here, looks like everyone has called you out on your BS.

The following users liked this post:
scm (02-02-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 11:02 PM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR 575
I've always thought of dashcams as something used to create YouTube videos of Russian drivers fueled up on vodka.

The OP has me thinking about it for my vehicles, any recommendations on brands would be wlecome. Some posts here mention a 24 hour circuit for power, why would you want to keep the unit powered if your not in the car driving?

Thanks.
+1 on the Russian videos...I've seen a great many entertaining ones. But that does dovetail into the reason so many Russians have them.

I've been debating the same thing. I've never needed it before, but once I do, I'll wish I had it. Interaction with Law Enforcement? Accidents? Other high-stakes events happening in front of my car?

Reading this is making more inclined to act on it. Odds are not needing it isn't a good enough reason to not get it...Odds are I wont need to go to an ER for trauma, but I darn sho' got insurance anyway.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:25 AM
Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts
scm (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 07:59 AM
Received 109 Likes on 45 Posts

Ironically, the one time I hadn't plugged my dashcam in was the one time I needed to rely on it. "It's only 1 mile back to the office, it will take me longer to plug it in than it will to just get there" said my head. Literally 50 yards later my car got written off in the slowest accident you can possible imagine. Actually, scratch that, whatever speed you are imagining, it's slower than that. I was stationary and a lorry, towing 2 trailers (fairground 'travelling' folk have an exemption here) and doing no more than 5 miles an hour, decided to try and get through a gap that didn't exist. Despite all the photos I took at the time (including the tyre drag marks from where my car was pulled back over a metre by the 2nd trailer), the lorry driver insisted that I drove into him. The camera would have saved 4 months of insurance aggravation and threats of going to court to resolve it. These days my camera is left plugged in permanently, but is in one of the centre console USB ports and only active when the ignition is on.

Honestly, for the amount of aggravation they can save, versus the very small outlay, I wouldn't be without one.

(As for why my dashcam wasn't plugged in, the old car didn't turn off the port it was plugged into and some people at the offices I parked at had complained that the camera was looking into their office and they were concerned they were being recorded, so I made a habit of disconnecting it before I got out of the car)

scm (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

And on a lighter note .....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shocking-...-rage-incident

How not to drive your F-Type!!

Old 02-02-2022, 11:51 AM
Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

It's progress Doc, it's been going on since antiquity, you're a man of science so you know this. The only thing that changes with time is the players, and the beat goes on.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by SVR 575
It's progress Doc, it's been going on since antiquity, you're a man of science so you know this. The only thing that changes with time is the players, and the beat goes on.
I agree with you in the long-term, but aren't you glad that our grandparents didn't have the same outlook in the 1930's/40's? There are times when you must be able to acknowledge what's going on and do something about it. And despite what most people believe, technology is NOT going to save us from ourselves. There are massive issues that are coinciding that can no longer be prolonged and swept under the rug by printing money and taking on more debt. The piper must be paid...

And as far as the medical establishment is concerned, I will give you the same advice I have been giving my patients for the last 40+ years...STAY HEALTHY!!

Sparky H (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 03:34 AM
Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

Uff full of Karen's, welcome to cancel culture, no other views or opinions allowed.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:37 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by bcbruno
Uff full of Karen's, welcome to cancel culture, no other views or opinions allowed.
Other views and opinions welcome, but on-topic, please. If you want to discuss politics, go to Facebook.

datriani (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by scm
Other views and opinions welcome, but on-topic, please. If you want to discuss politics, go to Facebook.
Exactly, I came here to learn about this car and for the guidance on how to do things. Even though I’m not an expert, I try to contribute my real world, hands on experience where I can because I notice a lot of individuals who have strong opinions and state things like fact but when questioned, it’s usually what they heard or think… not from real experience. That is very misleading and egotistical. But there are situations where I do have a “theory” about how something works but I’ll clearly state that as well as being more open to others perspective.

The last thing I want to hear is someone political views on here. A part of functioning in society, especially in this day and age is to know your audience. The audience here is about building a community around jags.

It’s people like synthesis who makes me less motivated to contribute to this site and I’m guessing others feel that same frustration of “why are you even here?” If I wanted to hear another *******, I’d fart.

The following 2 users liked this post by datriani:
19FRG (07-11-2022), Cluck (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Hear, hear (fart, fart) !!

datriani (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
Hear, hear (fart, fart) !!
I came here to talk about a different kind of gas.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:26 AM
Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
I didn't saw it as off topic, was an opinion and warning from some user according his views, actually, I disagree with most opinions since I do have dashcam, gopro hooked to network, with that said, I believe everyone has the right to give opinions or press the reply with whatever text is there written, as long follow the forum rules.

In my view, personal insults, calling users names as Ignorant or to leave or shut up etc is actually going a bit out off that rules and makes it difficult to read without being trigged. That actually made the off-topic, if only that comment was just ignored (by who didn't like)...

Just be nice to each other.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by datriani
It’s people like synthesis who makes me less motivated to contribute to this site and I’m guessing others feel that same frustration of “why are you even here?” If I wanted to hear another *******, I’d fart.
Stop blaming other people for your own actions. There must have been many people here who agree with you but did not feel the need to go on and on about something they didn't agree with. I was simply giving a reason why I felt a dashcam is not a "must." That's all.

And what's with the language and personal insults?

Sparky H (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 01:20 PM

Stop blaming other people for your own actions. There must have been many people here who agree with you but did not feel the need to go on and on about something they didn't agree with. I was simply giving a reason why I felt a dashcam is not a "must." That's all.

And what's with the language and personal insults?
Lighten up bro, it’s a joke.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by datriani
Lighten up bro, it’s a joke.
Calling somebody an ******* on a public forum is no joke.

Just the same, I wish you all the best.

Sparky H (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 03:56 PM

"Sheeple".... So you're comparing us to sheep, essentially calling us dumb. Look at in anyway you want but you are the hypocrite and have contradicted yourself multiple times on this thread and have added zero value in this conversation. Your lack of self awareness is astounding for someone with your education. Best of luck to you as well my friend.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:12 PM
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

+1? Why power it when car is off unless worried about B&E...

AHA.. I see several people have good reasons. But my daugther has one that has a small battery so it is powered for quite a while when the car is off. I will look for one of those..

Last edited by rsqrd930; 02-03-2022 at 04:31 PM. Reason: UPDATED
datriani (02-03-2022)

Quick Reply: Dashcam - a MUST