F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers and oil change overfill

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealers and oil change overfill

2016 AWD R, take it to the dealer for the once a year oil change. due to this forum and looking at the book, I know it only takes 6.5 qt to fill. They change the oil and filter, I pick up the car and the paper work has listed 8 qt on it when I get home and read the paper. Let it sit for the 10-15 min and check the oil.....it reads overfill. I drive it the 3 miles back to dealer, tell them it is overfill by 1.5 qt. they say no and show me a Jaguar paper for 2016 AWD and it calls for 8 qt. I show them the owners book listing 6.5 for AWD and they tell me the book is wrong, I tell them the sheet of paper they have is wrong. you can guess how this was going .....they take it in back to drain and refill and see what they will get....I go out side and get on phone to Jaguar in N.J. and run all this past them. they tell me the book is right at 6.5 and want to know what the paper was that the dealer had and I told them. N.J. is going to call the dealer to tell them that 6.5 is right. about the time I get off the phone, they come out to me and they think that the oil sensor might be bad! and he has more paper that show it needs 8 qt. I read the paper in his hand and after I read it I ask him to read it......he looks and now see's it reads "RWD". would you now read the next part......AWD, 6.5. they go in the back take all the oil out and refill at 6.5 and it now reads "full". thank you mister dealer, good by.

what a mess to go through this, like I am the nut case.
so....check your oil after dealer does the change!

Dean Nelson

The following 2 users liked this post by dean nelson:
NBCat (10-26-2017), SinF (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dean nelson
2016 AWD R, take it to the dealer for the once a year oil change. due to this forum and looking at the book, I know it only takes 6.5 qt to fill. They change the oil and filter, I pick up the car and the paper work has listed 8 qt on it when I get home and read the paper. Let it sit for the 10-15 min and check the oil.....it reads overfill. I drive it the 3 miles back to dealer, tell them it is overfill by 1.5 qt. they say no and show me a Jaguar paper for 2016 AWD and it calls for 8 qt. I show them the owners book listing 6.5 for AWD and they tell me the book is wrong, I tell them the sheet of paper they have is wrong. you can guess how this was going .....they take it in back to drain and refill and see what they will get....I go out side and get on phone to Jaguar in N.J. and run all this past them. they tell me the book is right at 6.5 and want to know what the paper was that the dealer had and I told them. N.J. is going to call the dealer to tell them that 6.5 is right. about the time I get off the phone, they come out to me and they think that the oil sensor might be bad! and he has more paper that show it needs 8 qt. I read the paper in his hand and after I read it I ask him to read it......he looks and now see's it reads "RWD". would you now read the next part......AWD, 6.5. they go in the back take all the oil out and refill at 6.5 and it now reads "full". thank you mister dealer, good by.

what a mess to go through this, like I am the nut case.
so....check your oil after dealer does the change!

Dean Nelson
What a joke! This is still happening?!?!?

Old 10-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Yeah, except it is not a joke. I like my dealer...except for the fact that they overfilled my R even after I told them 6.5 when I took it in.
Larry

Old 10-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

Past 2 oil changes the dealer service had over-filled my 2015 'R' and I had to bring the car back. The second oil change I even asked them to double-check prior to me picking up the car. Very annoying.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by 355rockit
Past 2 oil changes the dealer service had over-filled my 2015 'R' and I had to bring the car back. The second oil change I even asked them to double-check prior to me picking up the car. Very annoying.
That is real bad as the 2015 R is the one that shall have 8 qt.....