Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Dealership Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts
Default The Dealership Experience

Can be quite pleasant, believe it or not. As I sit here at Land Rover Jaguar Scarborough [Maine] waiting to get the reflash for the entertainment computer (i.e. Stereo fix; which everyone seems to be raving about) I couldn't be happier.

Of course, I have developed a close relationship with this dealership in the 2 1/2 years I've owned my F-Type - and buying local was important to me and each time I come here I am reaffirmed by my decision to do so - and ALL the people here (from Justin the Parts Manager, to Dan the Service Manager, to Service Advisor Brian, to Paul and Debbie the great sales people here to, yes, the new General Manager Mike) treat me like royalty; fitting since we are driving an English marque.

And that my fellow F-Typer's makes life - and driving and owning my Jag - simply grand.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-28-2017 at 12:21 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
DJS (03-31-2017), GGG (03-28-2017), Mbourne (03-29-2017), slojotaa (03-29-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Thank you for posting about your experience.

Members, visitors and the occasional troll are often quick to burst into print when something goes wrong with a dealer or supplier but few take the time to make a post like yours when it's goes consistently well.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
DJS (03-31-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 11:30 AM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

As long as we are tossing bouquets around. I will toss in Royal Jaguar in Tucson. I have dealt with them since '04 and have been consistently pleased with service and sales. Tucson is a strange market for high end sales and often times it doesn't work well, but Royal came through for me across the board on a sale. Service is exceedingly personable and decent in their dealings.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Members, visitors and the occasional troll are often quick to burst into print when something goes wrong with a dealer or supplier but few take the time to make a post like yours when it's goes consistently well.
When I find one, I shall shout it out to the world!

Old 03-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

A shout out to Jaguar of West Columbia (MD), also known as Coleman Jag. Easy to work with them on the deal, and super patient with me on all the issues I've brought to their attention. They were never pioneers on resolving anything new that we have encountered as F-Type owners, but never hesitated to take care of something if I pointed them in the right direction. When I show up, they are now even asking about what new mods I have done to the car. Never once disputed a warranty item, though I have no misconception that they will cover an issue that is truly caused by one of the mods, nor would I want them to.

RickyJay52 (03-30-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I have no complaints about Scott Jaguar in Charlotte, eveyone has been helpful and pro-active.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Well I had a stellar sales experience at Jag of Greenville, SC but they are too far away for service. I had hoped to like Jag of Cary but after they overfilled my oil, even though I expressly warned them about that issue, they are not on my hit parade.
Larry

Old 03-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

I'm always baffled by the concept of a good dealership experience... and I'm writing this from the lounge area of my local dealer as they perform the standard service on my car.

When we purchase a car they agree to certain obligations yet somehow we seem impressed when they are able to be only moderately incompetent at fulfilling those obligations or when they smile at us as we walk in.

There are few other businesses where we have such low expectations.

..and don't even get me started on the sales experience. I had a "great" sales experience at Jag of Greenville, but that meant the salesperson made the experience as close to ordering from a website as possible. I'd be happiest if the rest of the car industry would just follow the Tesla model (but actually execute it well, unlike Tesla..)

Old 03-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I have to admit that my dealership (by which I didn't buy the 2 jags I currently have from) is Madison Jaguar, now Paul Miller in Madison, N.J. The service experience has been stellar for me, with Steve G. the Service Manager, and Don the Tech lead, along with the team in service such as Stanley et al. I must say that I stayed with the brand besides the beauty of the vehicles because I felt I had the right service folks behind me, and trusted the JLRNA rep Pianca V., who is top flight and represents Jaguar professionally and well!!!

As for sales, Ron bring the changes on home baby! I still can't find my way to buy there until it is improved, and I feel and see this improvement. He is starting to show signs of this, and I actually like him (found out why, he is from my motherland of Jersey City...and great minds think alike :-) ).

I have the best service team and they are the originals who fixed my stereo through the software update (see my thread regarding "WOW"), bend over backwards to look at things and inform me of additional things that they did, such as "software mods", or whatever. They know the product well, and when I go to the dealership, it is actually enjoyable talking with them, trusting the outcome(s), and feeling like a customer. Sales/////well, that is another story! I want this dealership to be successful, as it has the potential, and like Ricky, I want to buy and service locally. I believe in this.

RickyJay52 (03-29-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Having just purchased my F-Type from my local dealer, I am waiting to see how things go. Of course, I was promised the world when I first approached. As soon as the check was written, the salesman disappeared(headed to Happy Hour to celebrated?). The Tech Lead was Extremely patient in explaining the car, calling later in the evening to make sure I made it home safely, and later scheduling a follow up session. Salesman did call 2 days later to ask if everything was "O.K. with the car. Whatever happened with "Thank you for purchasing, helping pay my commission, etc"??? Guess I am wrong generation.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=LobsterClaws;1647707] There are few other businesses where we have such low expectations QUOTE]

Sad but true.

And all the more reason to sing the praises - and spread the word - when one has a fabulous experience; and that's true [for me] whether it's a car dealership or a coffee shop, or restaurant, etc.

It's not rocket science.

I'd much rather pay more (of course within reason) and deal with people I want to continue to deal with than save "X".

Happy to hear others have had, continue to have, a positive experience. (And of course I do realize that there are plenty of bad apples...in all fields; including commodity future brokers).

Old 03-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a great experience with Byers Imports in Columbus Ohio as I was shopping. Ultimately we didn't work out a deal and I ended up buying used from NYC, but Byers was great and if I buy a new Jag or Porsche they would be first on the list.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I will add that Niello Jaguar in Sacramento, CA has provided excellent service for my F-Type. There is another dealer 20 minutes from my home, but I drive 2 hours+ one-way in heavy traffic for service because I know the experience will be outstanding. Even though I got my car from another dealership, they always make me feel welcome on each visit.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

Further proof that I'm not alone and there exists numerous dealerships - undoubtedly world-wide - which provide outstanding customer service!

So, all is not lost.

Here's to "voting" with your voice and your $'s.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-30-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:25 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jmfan
I will add that Niello Jaguar in Sacramento, CA has provided excellent service for my F-Type. There is another dealer 20 minutes from my home, but I drive 2 hours+ one-way in heavy traffic for service because I know the experience will be outstanding. Even though I got my car from another dealership, they always make me feel welcome on each visit.
I had a few quite pleasant phone chats with "Zach" at Niello. They pulled a car off the storage lot for me but sold it before I got there, d'oh! Nothing nefarious on their part, I left my phone in a Lyft while I was spending a weekend in SF so was delayed a day while I tracked it down... Worked out OK though because that led me to the one I have now, quite happy about that. (Got a good deal but dealer experience was "meh" at Livermore.)

Old 03-31-2017, 08:48 PM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jmfan
+1

Old 04-01-2017, 02:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Probably not so interesting for you US people, but I am very pleased with the service I get from the main dealer (Insignia) in Oslo, Norway. They sell and service Jaguar, Land Rover / Range Rover, Aston Martin and Morgan.

I did not buy my F-type from them (imported mine second hand from Germany), but the service level I have gotten has been great. They have given me a dedicated service technician, and I can't praise him enough.

During my (so far) 2 years of ownership, they (he) has serviced my car twice, changed both side windows and the seals, changed a partly stuck center went, done the CO modification, Meridian 770W upgrade and DAB/bluetooth upgrade.

I have been 100% satiesfied with the quality of the work done, and the service level provided.

edit: I also got invited to a track day were we got to drive different F-type, XE and XF models (which was great fun), and another trackday were we could drive our own cars with pro instructors + test drive some Aston Martins (unfortunatly I was not able to attend as I was abroad traveling). I also know there will be more of these "happenings" to come in the future.

When you sell these kind of cars, providing these kind of services/experiences is of great value - my oppinion

Last edited by Arne; 04-01-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Arne
Probably not so interesting for you US people, but I am very pleased with the service I get from the main dealer (Insignia) in Oslo, Norway. They sell and service Jaguar, Land Rover / Range Rover, Aston Martin and Morgan.

I did not buy my F-type from them (imported mine second hand from Germany), but the service level I have gotten has been great. They have given me a dedicated service technician, and I can't praise him enough.

During my (so far) 2 years of ownership, they (he) has serviced my car twice, changed both side windows and the seals, changed a partly stuck center went, done the CO modification, Meridian 770W upgrade and DAB/bluetooth upgrade.

I have been 100% satiesfied with the quality of the work done, and the service level provided.

edit: I also got invited to a track day were we got to drive different F-type, XE and XF models (which was great fun), and another trackday were we could drive our own cars with pro instructors + test drive some Aston Martins (unfortunatly I was not able to attend as I was abroad traveling). I also know there will be more of these "happenings" to come in the future.

When you sell these kind of cars, providing these kind of services/experiences is of great value - my oppinion
Oslo Norway Arne? I also live in Oslo Norway!!! Here's a picture taken this morning from my backyard:

Attached Thumbnails The Dealership Experience-image.jpeg  
Old 04-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Oslo Norway Arne? I also live in Oslo Norway!!! Here's a picture taken this morning from my backyard:
he-he....

Could have been my backyard a month ago, but now spring is here and the snow is all gone

Old 04-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Arne
he-he....

Could have been my backyard a month ago, but now spring is here and the snow is all gone
On behalf of us 4 Lobster Runners (Dave, Lance, Marko & Me):

WE HATE YOU ARNE!

And to think today I was planning on washing my car.