Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

Maybe adaptive software?

Old 01-16-2018, 03:51 AM
Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Totti
Thanks all for your replies. It usually happens in low speeds and lower gears.

What about the Reverse gear slight/faint bump, are you guys having the same symptom in your cars?
There was a TSB (JTB 00402) dealing with knocking sound from the output shaft of the transmission while going from D to R.
Unfortunately I only got a german version of it .

Regards
Ulrich

Attached Files
Old 01-18-2018, 04:36 AM
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by alphakinase
In my XE (RWD), there is a distinct feeling of something engaging/disengaging, occuring probably around 5mph, when you are coasting down to a stop. I've always assumend this was just the torque converter going from locked mode to slippery.

It's not the gears changing, because it will occur if you are in S mode in 1st gear.
that sounds exactly like my old MY15 Ftype-S. it would feel like it was in neutral when coasting then snap into gear when you gave it a little gas. if turning and on a wet road it’d kick the rear end out when it eventually found a gear.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get low speed surge/lurch too. I think it's the engine timing - I used to be a street bike rider and on street bikes the engine computers typically retard the timing in the lower gears to prevent surging/lurching in low engine RPM. I used to add modulators to my bikes to make them think they were always in the gear with the most advanced timing - the affect on my low speed control was exactly like what I feel in my f type.