F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Definitive Android 10.25” Retrofit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 09:25 PM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Fakras are fakras, z is universal fit so that should be what you need, can’t really tell without removing them and checking the key design.

i actually ordered them and they will arrive next week, though installation won’t happen for a while, pretty exhausted right now.

Old 08-28-2023, 06:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
Fakras are fakras, z is universal fit so that should be what you need, can’t really tell without removing them and checking the key design.

i actually ordered them and they will arrive next week, though installation won’t happen for a while, pretty exhausted right now.
Great thanks for the confirmation.
Will order too.
Where did you order from?
Do you have a link?
Also for the Ftype Harman, what length did you order?
Cheers.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripstation
Great thanks for the confirmation.
Will order too.
Where did you order from?
Do you have a link?
Also for the Ftype Harman, what length did you order?
Cheers.
Just measured it.
I think 2 meterrs is about right,
Thanks.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:24 PM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

You are in for some luck today, my weekend orders never arrive on Monday but they are this time.

Factory gps still works after plugging in the splitter, won’t be awhile until i fit the other end to the head unit though.

Amazon if you haven’t ordered it yet, eBay has it cheaper but slower shipping usually.

Old 09-10-2023, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, everybody
First, sorry for my poor english level...
I just dicovered this very long thread, and I would like to know if someone achieved perfect integration of 10.25 screen?
I bought one and tried to fi5 it, but finally, I sent it back to seller after 2 months and updates and tests ...
Exemples of problems to solve..

- OEM camera doesn't work with radars on Android interface.
- Wheel drive change radio station and drive vidéo screen at the same time...
- phone sound superpose with sound radio during calling
- original buttons menu doesn't correspond to physicals buttons of the original one, and no access vent and clim parameters
- loosing BT connexion with ZLINK sometimes
- how works split screen ? I was unable to activate it
- only 1 USB port? With DAB connected not possible to connect a phone wired...
- sound power very low and poor quality, if tou switch between radio OEM and media, media is very low sound. If I increase sound level and I come back to OEM radio, I explose sound level!
- lot of translation mistakes as I said this morning
- starting screen is Android, not costumized jaguar... In YouTube videos, it can be choose
- problem with Android auto when you switch between EOM menu and Android menu, home button switch to android auto if it is wired connected. If it is wireless connected home button switch normally from OEM to android

If one of you had solution, I would very pleased to know how....
Many thanks
Patrick

Old 09-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,348 Likes on 1,849 Posts

I think there are many different units out there and they are all a bit different?
Hard to answer without knowing which unit you purchased?

Can you post a link?
I have found the units that don't require the factory circuit boards to be installed are less integrated into the stock Jaguar system. Giving the problems you list and many more.

The following users liked this post:
sgtm7 (09-13-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
I think there are many different units out there and they are all a bit different?
Hard to answer without knowing which unit you purchased?

Can you post a link?
I have found the units that don't require the factory circuit boards to be installed are less integrated into the stock Jaguar system. Giving the problems you list and many more.

The supplier name was Cleverscreen I choose 8go RAM + 64go ROM, plus options as wireless android auto... Mine is based on Harman MY2016 (july 2015) As you can see, hard is based on merryway (under sticker)

Old 09-12-2023, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,348 Likes on 1,849 Posts

Mine was also a Merryway brand. Don't know if that makes a difference or not?
I don't see where that unit pictured above uses the 2 PCB's from the stock head unit?
Without that I am not sure how they get you back to the stock screen and have all the factory option's still work?

That was my main concern that I would be getting the bigger screen and all that but I did not want to loose any of the stock functions and the unit I have does this.
My starting screen is Jaguar too.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Mine was also a Merryway brand. Don't know if that makes a difference or not?
I don't see where that unit pictured above uses the 2 PCB's from the stock head unit?
Without that I am not sure how they get you back to the stock screen and have all the factory option's still work?

That was my main concern that I would be getting the bigger screen and all that but I did not want to loose any of the stock functions and the unit I have does this.
My starting screen is Jaguar too.
Mine doesn't need to install.EOM pcb. So it was not necessaru to open it.
It seems it is the difference between Harman system and Bosch system.
It was.very easy to install compare to Bosch one...
But all sound need to go trough AUX output, and it was not possible to use phone or radio except by going back to OEM interface. (lot of steps)
I also bought it to have on the same display camera and radars... But it was not possible with OEM camera....

Old 09-13-2023, 10:18 AM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jag-pat
Mine doesn't need to install.EOM pcb. So it was not necessaru to open it.
It seems it is the difference between Harman system and Bosch system.
It was.very easy to install compare to Bosch one...
But all sound need to go trough AUX output, and it was not possible to use phone or radio except by going back to OEM interface. (lot of steps)
I also bought it to have on the same display camera and radars... But it was not possible with OEM camera....
Yes, easier to install, but with the units that require swapping the boards between the OEM and the aftermarket head unit, you don't have the problems you are having.

Old 09-16-2023, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by sgtm7
Yes, easier to install, but with the units that require swapping the boards between the OEM and the aftermarket head unit, you don't have the problems you are having.
May be you're right.
But by OEM interface in dashboard was corresponding to the supplied unit...
For me, difference was from HARMAN or BOSCH system

Old 09-16-2023, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by sgtm7
May be you're right.
But by OEM interface in dashboard was corresponding to the supplied unit...
For me, difference was from HARMAN or BOSCH system

Old 09-23-2023, 12:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone had an issue with a Bosch unit replacement that requires a motherboard swap and a connection to the CD drive unit not powering on the OEM equipment?

Set this up today and the unit powers on fine but I have no audio or OEM screens. There isn't much in the way of an ability to configure in this unit. Android 13, 8 core, 8gb ram, 128gb storage.

Have a message out to the vendor, but up for ideas to debug. Already unmounted and remounted the two boards, checked the fuses both in unit and for the OEM devices in the trunk fuse box.

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2023, 09:16 AM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you have the Fakra connections hooked up to the correct locations?

Old 09-25-2023, 07:13 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DMage

Has anyone had an issue with a Bosch unit replacement that requires a motherboard swap and a connection to the CD drive unit not powering on the OEM equipment?

Set this up today and the unit powers on fine but I have no audio or OEM screens. There isn't much in the way of an ability to configure in this unit. Android 13, 8 core, 8gb ram, 128gb storage.

Have a message out to the vendor, but up for ideas to debug. Already unmounted and remounted the two boards, checked the fuses both in unit and for the OEM devices in the trunk fuse box.

Thanks!
To close this one off, the seller on AliExpress was very fast to respond. The install instructions I received left a lot to be desired, and logically the ribbon cable going into the board would make sense to keep it as oriented in the unit. I was wrong there, the cable had to be flipped so the pins were face down. That solved problem #1.

Problem #2 was config related, where the Bosch screen is off centered. The seller sent a video to help correct, if this comes in handy for anyone in the future:

Steering wheel buttons work now, display works now. I'm narrowing down the last few items, namely, that the volume knob in the center console is not functioning.