F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Anyone Buy The 5-Piece F-Type Luggage Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
LOL . . . I was just kidding and everyone's "boat is floated" by different things. For example, my road trips are generally taken in the vehicle below, and I don't need luggage because I put my clothes in the cedar-lined closets and dressers.
Holy cow...

Old 11-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL . . . I was just kidding and everyone's "boat is floated" by different things. For example, my road trips are generally taken in the vehicle below, and I don't need luggage because I put my clothes in the cedar-lined closets and dressers.
Now.. that's a head turner for sure !

Old 12-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

I'm betting two 13 gallon trash bags and couple 6 gallon bags will fit perfectly. I'll let you know how that works for me.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (07-15-2016)
Old 12-28-2014, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

Well maybe, but not in the spirit of owning a Jag.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bjg625
Well maybe, but not in the spirit of owning a Jag.
You mean I'm supposed to be wearing IZOD Chinos instead of Kirkland jeans?

OMG, she's trying to change me already, and I haven't even met her yet.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 581 Likes on 340 Posts

Your RV has more squarw footage than my apartment !

Old 12-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

It needed to be spacious. We purchased the largest that is road legal because we were going to be living in it for a year while we were building a new house. We just moved into the house last May.

After living in large houses for years, we were amazed at how comfortable we were in that amount of space. We kept asking each other, "why is it we're building this new house?" It has luxury-type amenities like porcelain tile floors, granite countertops, leather furniture, fireplace, full-sized stainless steel appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, french-style refrigerator) 3 flat screens (one outside plus outdoor refrig.), HD sat dish on the roof, king-size Sleep Number bed, and 1-1/2 baths. It weighs 42,000 lbs., and get's a remarkable 7.5 mpg.

undfeatable (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member

It has luxury-type amenities like porcelain tile floors, granite countertops, leather furniture, fireplace, full-sized stainless steel appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, french-style refrigerator) 3 flat screens (one outside plus outdoor refrig.), HD sat dish on the roof, king-size Sleep Number bed, and 1-1/2 baths. It weighs 42,000 lbs., and get's a remarkable 7.5 mpg.

Livin' large!

Old 12-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Is this really a car forum? ;-))

Old 07-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

I have it. Really a 2pc set with 3 smaller accessory pieces. I like it, fits enough for a long weekend for 2. I think the quality is good for the small amount that are made. Makes planning a trip that much easier. Best price I found was from a Jag dealer on Ebay for $490 shipped.
This is a hell of a bump. I bought it and I do love the garment bag, but I'm not able to fit the three pieces this is a hell of a bump. I bought it and I do love the garment bag, but I'm not able to fit the three pieces. Anyone that has this that can give a quick tutorial let me know. Also let me know if the 2016 boot has change configuration it all from earlier models?

Old 07-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a set and the big bag does not fit in the boot of the roadster - or I'm just stupid?

Have I set myself up?

Pics of the luggage set in the roadster would help.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

They fit but it is like a puzzel. Plus you have to pack right on, over just a little and no fit.

enfield (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 07:22 AM

They fit but it is like a puzzel. Plus you have to pack right on, over just a little and no fit.
Would you mind posting a photo of the puzzle please??

Old 07-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 425 Posts

The fact that Foosh moved from an exotic cat to a cartilaginous fish just serves to show he's a bit more (or less) odd that the rest of this crowd.

Meanwhile, my sweet bride gave me a set for our anniversary. Quite nice. Light weight - good for the confined space of an F-Type trunk. Of course, now that her F-Pace has arrived, I'll be sharing the set. We don't plan to use it for checked baggage. She got it from the jag dealer in Columbia, SC. Price was $450, although it looks like they've gone up to $525. You will see other sellers come/go on eBay at varying prices.

Last edited by uncheel; 07-09-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

don't know if this helps;

Old 07-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

I thought about buying that set, but we already had some soft luggage that fit pretty well from our motorcycle touring days. A thin soft sided suitcase that can get stuffed all the way forward; a small makeup/bathroom bag that fit in the bottom recess; a soft bag that goes on top and then we fit some misc. bits in the vacant spaces. Lots of room for us for a week long trip.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 07-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 353 Likes on 258 Posts

I learned many years ago that it is foolish to travel with nice luggage. You are targeted by turnstile thieves.

Better to use ugly luggage with bright neon tags on it - easy to find your luggage, and the luggage thieves will avoid them.

Example: My friend has super nice luggage with his AMEX black card logo on them.
His very first trip with them: stolen. LOL - I teased him for days about that because he was warned.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by enfield
Would you mind posting a photo of the puzzle please??
I will when I pack up tomorrow.

I got it to fit.

Garment bag with 3 or 4 slacks, 2 sport coats, 4 dress shirts all hung, 1 shirt in outside sleeve, also bulging with socks and underwear. I have to shove it into the back and all the way to the left. SHOVE. Unnaturally.

The big one is my wife's filled to the brim and almost bulging to make me worry I will hurt the hinges (but org'd right is is fine). It is all the way to the left front.

The small one has more socks, the cool dob kit, a thin lenovo tablet hybrid, roll up pants, shorts (& shoes but more in that later).... it was the toughest to get in because it wasn't meant to be as packed as I had it, and the shoes made it ridgid, just like the big bag with shoes and it.

The smaller one was also getting caught on the lip of the little space underneath. So I sort of had to shove that one into the point of deforming it, take out the shoes and shove those into the little side spaces.

You have enough additional space for a small CamelBak filled up, next to the garment bag, shoved in the back and in the right side. Also slight space to get shoes on either side of the two suitcases where the rump bulge creates a little extra room that's basically flat shoe size.

In the box underneath all that, I put the run flat contraption, and a durable camping ruksack filled with photo gear and other tech.

Interior: Also put some suction tripods, snacks, sunscreen, a bendy cap in the interior storage, and a few chargers and music devices in the interior usb hatch. Glove compartment is books & emergency stuff. Both cigarette lighters stay on and will continue to charge you if you don't unplug them when the car is actually turned off.

I got a LOT behind both seats... coats, maps, and some snacks. Even with my seat all the way back.

All in all it makes for some unbelievably efficient packing and you have to be really thoughtful which is something that's sort of an afterthought for long trips.

This is a three-week national park trip, of about four thousand miles. We did pack for summer, even though we have plenty of nice meals planned.

10 hours of driving yesterday, just me driving and wife as passenger, Marin to Crater Lake (only 8 but early dog drop off errands etc). It went by comfortably, wonderdully, and too fast.

The only reason I'm telling you all this right now is because it is July 10th, and the view of Crater Lake is this:

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 07-10-2016 at 03:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
enfield (07-10-2016), Mbourne (07-11-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 07:21 PM

Wow Fishbits. Hope your summer tires are holding out!

Old 07-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I will when I pack up tomorrow.

I got it to fit.

Garment bag with 3 or 4 slacks, 2 sport coats, 4 dress shirts all hung, 1 shirt in outside sleeve, also bulging with socks and underwear. I have to shove it into the back and all the way to the left. SHOVE. Unnaturally.

The big one is my wife's filled to the brim and almost bulging to make me worry I will hurt the hinges (but org'd right is is fine). It is all the way to the left front.

The small one has more socks, the cool dob kit, a thin lenovo tablet hybrid, roll up pants, shorts (& shoes but more in that later).... it was the toughest to get in because it wasn't meant to be as packed as I had it, and the shoes made it ridgid, just like the big bag with shoes and it.

The smaller one was also getting caught on the lip of the little space underneath. So I sort of had to shove that one into the point of deforming it, take out the shoes and shove those into the little side spaces.

You have enough additional space for a small CamelBak filled up, next to the garment bag, shoved in the back and in the right side. Also slight space to get shoes on either side of the two suitcases where the rump bulge creates a little extra room that's basically flat shoe size.

In the box underneath all that, I put the run flat contraption, and a durable camping ruksack filled with photo gear and other tech.

Interior: Also put some suction tripods, snacks, sunscreen, a bendy cap in the interior storage, and a few chargers and music devices in the interior usb hatch. Glove compartment is books & emergency stuff. Both cigarette lighters stay on and will continue to charge you if you don't unplug them when the car is actually turned off.

I got a LOT behind both seats... coats, maps, and some snacks. Even with my seat all the way back.

All in all it makes for some unbelievably efficient packing and you have to be really thoughtful which is something that's sort of an afterthought for long trips.

This is a three-week national park trip, of about four thousand miles. We did pack for summer, even though we have plenty of nice meals planned.

10 hours of driving yesterday, just me driving and wife as passenger, Marin to Crater Lake (only 8 but early dog drop off errands etc). It went by comfortably, wonderdully, and too fast.

The only reason I'm telling you all this right now is because it is July 10th, and the view of Crater Lake is this:

I'm jealous..... as I sit in the sweltering high 90's typical of July in the south. Your F-type looks happy!

Quick Reply: Did Anyone Buy The 5-Piece F-Type Luggage Yet?