F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you lease or buy your F Type?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
Chase is the bank behind Jaguar Leases and the 36 month term money factor for the best tier was .00107 (or 2.56% apr) in July. You match this low rate up with less than favorable residuals and you get a payment which mostly clears depreciation and allows one to trade out of the car with a better ACV pre end of term.

This is the opposite of what MBFS does which is higher residuals and higher money factors thus the payment "feels" good but one doesnt pay down the lease early and is trapped in for the term of the lease.
BMW's model is the same - vastly inflated residuals and cheap money make for a decent lease but it's very difficult to get out early if you needed to.

For those that do lease, the convertible is probably a better place to start at this point as it's available with bigger discounts than the coupe which is still selling for closer to sticker. Couple the bigger discounts with the Jaguar club rebate and you can arrive at a more reasonable deal. Overall, though, based on the numbers I've seen it does look like the Jaguar residuals on the F Type are set very conservatively. That makes for a bigger payment, but as you say it's going to give more flexibility as you get into the final year or so of your contract.

Anyway - I tend to take the overall view that no one buying or leasing a F Type or any car in this class/cost made a great financial decision. These are cars you buy because you want them and because you love them, it's not about the dollars. You soon forget what you paid, it's all about how much you like the car.

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

just to add on, Porsche Financial Services is also like this. Artificially high residual. I think with BMW, Mercedes and Porsche, since they have their own financial services side, they can manipulate the numbers to get the profit/margins they want.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vic55
Chase is the bank behind Jaguar Leases and the 36 month term money factor for the best tier was .00107 (or 2.56% apr) in July. You match this low rate up with less than favorable residuals and you get a payment which mostly clears depreciation and allows one to trade out of the car with a better ACV pre end of term.

This is the opposite of what MBFS does which is higher residuals and higher money factors thus the payment "feels" good but one doesnt pay down the lease early and is trapped in for the term of the lease.

Hi Vic,

I assume this rate was for the coupe. Can you confirm. Also if you have a reference (dealer/salesman) in SoCal I'd appreciate it if you could share it with me. Im in LA and looking for a coupe.

A general question : If anyone knows the base money factor and residuals for a Coupe V6S - Id appreciate it. Also if anyone can give me tips on what kind of pricing to negotiate for, I'd appreciate it

Old 08-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member

Your biggest leverage in price negotiation is willingness to walk away and buy another car.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Your biggest leverage in price negotiation is willingness to walk away and buy another car...
Spoken like someone who's lived a little...as a former car salesman, I can tell you that advice is spot-on!

Old 08-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Spoken like someone who's lived a little...as a former car salesman, I can tell you that advice is spot-on!
Unfortunately, I don't listen to my own advice. I'm a car salesman's dream come true. I see it, I want it, I must have it. Paid a pretty penny to get out lease early to get into the F-Type. But couldn't be happier. Life's to short :-)

The following users liked this post:
omgomg (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Unfortunately, I don't listen to my own advice. I'm a car salesman's dream come true. I see it, I want it, I must have it. Paid a pretty penny to get out lease early to get into the F-Type. But couldn't be happier. Life's to short :-)
You see it, you want it. So you will use every tactic you've been trained in to get the deal you want. Hopefully you've been trained in Negotiation rather than Unarmed Combat (as this could cause problems)...

Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I leased mine, 2015 F-Type Coupe S.