F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference in steering feel and inputs between dynamic and normal steering modes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 02:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default difference in steering feel and inputs between dynamic and normal steering modes

Nice to meet you all! New member here and I recently bought a 2015 F-type R. My last car was a 2012 Boss 302 and so far, I am really enjoying how balanced this car is in terms of comfort and fun. I tried finding this on the forums but couldn't find anything specifically about the steering modes in custom configuration settings where you can customize throttle, suspension and steering. I keep everything on dynamic when hitting tight b roads but the dynamic steering feels a little off. Do you all find the sport steering mode a bit overly artificially heavy? I set my steering on normal and found it way easier to through the car on tight b roads. Not knowing how the hydraulic steering works in this car, would normal mode be more assisted hydraulically than dynamic mode as far as steering? Do you all leave the steering in dynamic or have you found the normal setting to give better feel or steering response?

Old 12-19-2022, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F-Type and Ducati look great...I tend to keep it in comfort mode (far better fuel economy for daily driving. On the other hand, when I want that feeling of great exhilaration, just love the attitude of dynamic mode. On a long highway drive, comfort mode is just fine. My F-Type has an electric rack.

The following users liked this post:
sov211 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-25-2022, 07:18 AM
Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Steering feel is a matter of personal preference. I typically don't like heavy steering. I'd rather a vehicle be hyper responsive than "dead" feeling. I think you can set up dynamic mode so it adjusts only what you want, at least I can on my 2017.

Old 12-26-2022, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. Steering is a personal preference. I have loved the overall balance and responsiveness of the F-Type steering. The problem is mine started to malfunction. It first started getting stiffer on a long drive about midway (~ 250 miles) and got progressively stiffer to feel like it had no power steering at all at highways speeds. After a service to recalibrate the steering module, it seemed fine for a couple of hundred miles again, then tightened up so now the comfort mode feels like dynamic, and dynamic is very laborious to steer if engaged at highways speeds.

Dealer response "feels like all other F-Types" which is not true. Have had couple of other F-Type owners drive my car and peercive the same problem. I just want my F-Type back to the way it should it be. Is it the power steering rack or the control module? that is my question. Any ideas?

Old 12-28-2022, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by ricxke
Agreed. Steering is a personal preference. I have loved the overall balance and responsiveness of the F-Type steering. The problem is mine started to malfunction. It first started getting stiffer on a long drive about midway (~ 250 miles) and got progressively stiffer to feel like it had no power steering at all at highways speeds. After a service to recalibrate the steering module, it seemed fine for a couple of hundred miles again, then tightened up so now the comfort mode feels like dynamic, and dynamic is very laborious to steer if engaged at highways speeds.

Dealer response "feels like all other F-Types" which is not true. Have had couple of other F-Type owners drive my car and peercive the same problem. I just want my F-Type back to the way it should it be. Is it the power steering rack or the control module? that is my question. Any ideas?
What year is your car? (electric vs hydraulic assisted steering)