F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.

Hi Guys,
I have some information about a possible good Jaguar tuner. I recently heard that DINAN located in Morgan Hill California is going to start tuning programming for different model cars, other than BMW. I sent DINAN a brief message asking there position on possibly being a Jaguar tuner company along with BMW. I received a reply. I was informed that Steve Dinan's wife is an owner of a Jaguar F Type. I'm was surprised to learn this. The letter continued to say this car could be Dinan's development car as they have one readily available . The closing part of the letter stated, as of now there is no plan to tune Jaguar cars. I personally feel, DINAN doesn't know how much demand there is for Jaguar car owners wanting tuning done to there cars. So I want to share this message with all of you. If enough of you reach out and contact DINAN they might realise there's a strong demand from owners, to start a tuning programming specifically for our Jaguar cars. The contact person at DINAN is, Nathen Fette.

nathan.fette@dinancars.com

Thanks guys.

The following users liked this post:
Smoke Em (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
I personally feel, DINAN doesn't know how much demand there is for Jaguar car owners wanting tuning done to there cars.
They probably know better than we do. Jaguar is such a tiny fraction of the market, that it makes far more sense for Dinan to target popular marques (MB, Porsche) rather than the more obscure ones.
Just because the boss' wife has an F-Type (or even a mini-van) doesn't mean they'll start tuning them. It just means she has good taste.

Last edited by Unhingd; 06-06-2016 at 07:21 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
JgaXkr (06-10-2016), Schwabe (06-10-2016), SinF (06-07-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
They probably know better than we do. Jaguar is such a tiny fraction of the market, that it makes far more sense for Dinan to target popular marques (MB, Porsche) rather than the more obscure ones.
Obscure or just Unhinged? I know....both!

Old 06-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Obscure or just Unhinged? I know....both!
Tibi ipsi esto fidelis

Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Banned
Default Unhinged ....

Just because the boss' wife has an F-Type (or even a mini-van) doesn't mean they'll start tuning them. It just means she has good taste.
Well, I got the ball rolling with the inquiry. Unhinged your a senior member, so I'm tossing the ball to you. If you think we can convince DINAN, let's try .
They are a honest company with real quality products. No scams or bs from DINAN.
Thank you.
PS ... Maybe a petition from all the board members with various models who would want DINAN to begin a Jaguar programming for tuning. Yes ?

Old 06-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis
Truer words have never been spoken, or written.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Well, I got the ball rolling with the inquiry. Unhinged your a senior member, so I'm tossing the ball to you. If you think we can convince DINAN, let's try .
They are a honest company with real quality products. No scams or bs from DINAN.
Thank you.
PS ... Maybe a petition from all the board members with various models who would want DINAN to begin a Jaguar programming for tuning. Yes ?
You should start a poll to ask folks to vote on whether they would seriously consider a Dinan tune (break the options down so we can determine how many 3.0 liter and how many 5.0 liter owners would be interested). I wouldn't be particularly interested as my car is already in the final stages of having the tune developed.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Banned
Default Received another reply from DINAN

You should start a poll to ask folks to vote on whether they would seriously consider a Dinan tune (break the options down so we can determine how many 3.0 liter and how many 5.0 liter owners would be interested). I wouldn't be particularly interested as my car is already in the final stages of having the tune developed.

I’ve passed it along to engineering. It’s in their court as to what ultimately is going to be developed but I think its safe to say if it does come to fruition it’s going to be months away since we have so many other things going on at the moment.

dinan logo-Long

Nathan Fette

Old 06-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Again, I ask why introduce the novice: Dinan

New to Jag starting at square one, when we already have Stuart here whose years ahead of the curve?

Am I missing something? I'm relatively new here but I was on the XJ side and he was first again to be there for us. Are you looking for something he does not offer? Any bad feedback I should know about?

Old 06-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Banned
Default DINAN a novice ??????????

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
New to Jag starting at square one, when we already have Stuart here whose years ahead of the curve?

Am I missing something? I'm relatively new here but I was on the XJ side and he was first again to be there for us. Are you looking for something he does not offer? Any bad feedback I should know about?
You got to be kidding .
Please do you full research on DINAN before making such a statement.
DINAN is as strong as AMG tuning and equal if not better than ///M division. They can easily perfect the Jaguar and more than likely have a working relationship with JNA. Plus .... Cars keep the warranty. Instead of voiding warranty for tuning car by mom & pop outfit.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been disappointed with Dinan concerning my 335i tune. Ran rich, sloppy, and laggy...at 3x the cost of the far superior MHD tune. Dinan used to be an excellent tuning option but those days are long gone. Additionally, with Steve's departure, I believe quality has been severely compromised. Just my $.02.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

You got to be kidding .
DINAN is as strong as AMG tuning and equal if not better than ///M division. They can easily perfect the Jaguar and more than likely have a working relationship with JNA. Plus .... Cars keep the warranty. Instead of voiding warranty for tuning car by mom & pop outfit.
I didn't mean to say Dinan, the company was novice, I meant novice in terms of Jaguar as you stated yourself. I purchased Dinan on my E36 back in the day, I am fully aware of their history, in fact they are within driving distance from me.

As I remember though, they were much more expensive than the competition but from what I remembered, not because of anything extra they offered, but because of the fact that the Dinan name caught on fire back in the day. Hartke, Alpina, AC Schnitzer, ESS, etc were the European tuners that Dinan itself was chasing.

Now I agree that if there is a value added that they can provide such as blessings from JLR, sure, I get you.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

You got to be kidding .
I have a different understanding having looked into them as the past owner of many BMWs. Technically, "DINAN cars" don't keep the factory new-car warranty. However, DINAN in the past negotiated a deal w/ certain BMW dealers to cover the parts of the warranty lost in a DINAN conversion, which is a significant advantage. I'm not sure that relationship is still the same.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
I have a different understanding having looked into them as the past owner of many BMWs. Technically, "DINAN cars" don't keep the factory new-car warranty. However, DINAN in the past negotiated a deal w/ certain BMW dealers to cover the parts of the warranty lost in a DINAN conversion, which is a significant advantage. I'm not sure that relationship is still the same.
What he said.

Foosh - we agree on something.

I remember now that I had to take my car to Moran Motorsport if I had an issue and DInan would subsidize the repair if it was determined that it was their responsibility. Nice - but that isn't to say DINAN somehow miraculously falls under the BMW/NA umbrella. I would say that BMW "recognizes" that Dinan exists, which is a far cry from adoption into the BMW family. I think it only refers to BMW agreeing not to look at DINAN equipped cars any differently that stock. I am certain that if the car wasn't running right, BMW would tell you in no uncertain terms that YOU NEED TO HAVE DINAN SORT AND FIX IT! But BMW would still be willing to do your tune ups and oil changes for you as per your maintenance agreement. Logic would tell us that BMW had no intention of retraining all their mechanics to troubleshoot highly modified cars, especially ones that were Stage IV aspirated as mine was. Remember, were not talking breathers and exhaust systems.

Now I do realize that I'm local to Dinan and this was 20 years ago so perhaps Bay Area people back then had a special situation. I can't say for certain if customers outside of the Bay Area had dealership carte blanche. I'm sure someone will chime in to clarify.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Banned
Default Guys ....

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
What he said.

Foosh - we agree on something.

I remember now that I had to take my car to Moran Motorsport if I had an issue and DInan would subsidize the repair if it was determined that it was their responsibility. Nice - but that isn't to say DINAN somehow miraculously falls under the BMW/NA umbrella. I would say that BMW "recognizes" that Dinan exists, which is a far cry from adoption into the BMW family.
Listen ... I'm just trying to help us figure out a way to have a solid reputation tuner who will back the work they do. DINAN in my opinion us the most sensible route . Steve DINAN is the owner and still active with the company as far as I know.
Thanks .
PS... I will never tune my Jag by any outfit if they are a mom & pop outfit. I'll have my car in approx 4 weeks time. So I'm trying to solve this delema , who can tune our cars.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Polaris,

I think we agree on at least 2 things. I agree that Stuart and Velocity appear to be, by far, the best bet for F-Type performance modifications at this point.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member

Listen ... I'm just trying to help us figure out a way to have a solid reputation tuner who will back the work they do. DINAN in my opinion us the most sensible route . Steve DINAN is the owner and still active with the company as far as I know.
Thanks .
PS... I will never tune my Jag by any outfit if they are a mom & pop outfit. I'll have my car in approx 4 weeks time. So I'm trying to solve this delema , who can tune our cars.
I'm not knocking you or your idea. I'm merely saying if trust is your main issue, I trust Stuart and would give him the benefit of the doubt until theres a reason not to. I see you're in NJ and not local to Dinan. See if theyill they provide a local network of authorized facilities to do the work required and if you think they will have JLR blessings, do you think Dinan will have you take a package of parts to our local dealerships for install? Our factory Jag mechanics are mere robotic morons. I would hate for them to have to do anything creative.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Dinan=many dollar as far as im aware!!

Old 06-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Polaris,

I think we agree on at least 2 things. I agree that Stuart and Velocity appear to be, by far, the best bet for F-Type performance modifications at this point.

+1

As the owner of a Velocity tune, I have been very pleased with the level of service I have received from Stuart and his team. While I am still breaking in the tune, I can attest that there is a marked difference in performance post-tune without it feeling that anything overly-aggressive or risky was done.

I wouldn't consider Velocity a mom & pop outfit. They have worked extensivlely with Aston's and also with the Jaguar 5.0L for some time.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MI-FType
+1

As the owner of a Velocity tune, I have been very pleased with the level of service I have received from Stuart and his team. While I am still breaking in the tune, I can attest that there is a marked difference in performance post-tune without it feeling that anything overly-aggressive or risky was done.

I wouldn't consider Velocity a mom & pop outfit. They have worked extensivlely with Aston's and also with the Jaguar 5.0L for some time.
What was the level of your tune?

Does your dealer know your car is tuned? If so how are they responding?

Quick Reply: Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.