F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Velocity Stage One - ECU only (for now).

Velocity states that HP is increased to around 605 at the crank. Definitely feels like it on the butt dyno. Forum member Cbroth1 also has this tune and claims similar results.

I have the V-Tech handheld and will revert back to stock when bringing it in for service.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by MI-FType
Velocity Stage One - ECU only (for now).

Velocity states that HP is increased to around 605 at the crank. Definitely feels like it on the butt dyno. Forum member Cbroth1 also has this tune and claims similar results.

I have the V-Tech handheld and will revert back to stock when bringing it in for service.
Yea. I think that's where I'll start

Old 06-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

+1

As the owner of a Velocity tune, I have been very pleased with the level of service I have received from Stuart and his team. While I am still breaking in the tune, I can attest that there is a marked difference in performance post-tune without it feeling that anything overly-aggressive or risky was done.

I wouldn't consider Velocity a mom & pop outfit. They have worked extensivlely with Aston's and also with the Jaguar 5.0L for some time.
Do you have any dyno results you can post?

Old 06-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Same issue as everyone else... no reliable AWD dyno / tuning sources available in the area.

I have a pulley waiting to go on and can't find a single shop in Metro Detroit that is willing to cut the old one off to put the new one on.

That's what happens when you live in the American muscle car capital... Jaguar's are very, very scarce in the area and uncharted territory for the performance shops; even those that specialize in foreign performance cars.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Angry

Same issue as everyone else... no reliable AWD dyno / tuning sources available in the area.

I have a pulley waiting to go on and can't find a single shop in Metro Detroit that is willing to cut the old one off to put the new one on.

That's what happens when you live in the American muscle car capital... Jaguar's are very, very scarce in the area and uncharted territory for the performance shops; even those that specialize in foreign performance cars.
Same issue here in NJ as well. It's been a pain just getting shop to contact me back regarding Dyno before, after, data acquisition for Stuart/Chris. Very frustrating.. I'm trying to help them and can't get cooperation on my side so I can see how frustrating it must be for them...

Old 06-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Received 857 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Stuff

You got to be kidding.
Please do you full research on VelocityAP before making such a statement.
VelocityAP is an OEM Supplier to Aston Martin Racing, and our tuning development manager is a factory trained JLR technician.... I rarely take exception to a comment but referring to us a Mom & Pop outfit is frankly bordering on libellous

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 06-09-2016, 05:29 PM

We did actually post the before & after dynos from one of our earliest iterations on an F-Type R, showing 42RWHP gains.

Fortunately that car is now back on the table, has our pulley installed and is going back to the dyno again

www.velocityap.com

Old 06-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
You got to be kidding.
VelocityAP is an OEM Supplier to Aston Martin Racing, and our tuning development manager is a factory trained JLR technician.... I rarely take exception to a comment but referring to us a Mom & Pop outfit is frankly bordering on libellous
Hey Stu, we got your back. I'm in the high end mattress business and Tempurpedic does the same brainwashing as Dinan. I get customers with glazed eyes repeating the jargon they state in the late night commercials and nothing I can say sinks in. Perhaps his car will even end up at Hennessy.

Forgive them Stu for they know not what they doeth. I'm getting biblical on em.

It is good to know that you've hired your mom and auntie though. They're the one that bake pies and cookies for the mechanics after work right?

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-09-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
Hey Stu, we got your back. I'm in the high end mattress business and Tempurpedic does the same brainwashing as Dinan. I get customers with glazed eyes repeating the jargon they state in the late night commercials and nothing I can say sinks in.

Forgive them Stu for they know not what they doth. I'm getting biblical on em.
Thanks. I'm just tired I guess lol.

For the record Dinan is a great company!

Old 06-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Over sensitive maybe ....

You got to be kidding.
Stu, for the record... I honestly wasn't thinking of you or your outfit.organisation, and if I was, I wouldn't have any issues to be specific mentioning you and your business. But you took my generalisation to heart. It's just my position, if company is not setup and capable as a DINAN Corporation I will not risk damaging the car and it voiding the cars warranty. I'm only speaking for myself. End.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks. I'm just tired I guess lol.

For the record Dinan is a great company!
And so is Tempur. Just can't always drink the Kool-aid with blinders on.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Stu, for the record... I honestly wasn't thinking of you or your outfit.organisation, and if I was, I wouldn't have any issues to be specific mentioning you and your business. But you took my generalisation to heart. It's just my position, if company is not setup and capable as a DINAN Corporation I will not risk damaging the car and it voiding the cars warranty. I'm only speaking for myself. End.
All good. I'm tired, I just read it a particular way.

www.velocityap.com

Old 06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default No worries

All good. I'm tired, I just read it a particular way.
Have a pleasant evening.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

If you do find a shop willing to do that, don't go there! That's a good way to screw up a perfectly good SC shaft. They should use an appropriate puller and a high temp heating blanket to wrap around the pulley while they are pulling the pulley. Or better yet, swap out the lower pulley instead. Much easier to get at (don't have to pull the front bumper off) and it attaches with bolts and takes far less force to remove. The lower OEM pulley is also reusable in case you need to go back to stock. The upper pulley will deform during removal.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

We did actually post the before & after dynos from one of our earliest iterations on an F-Type R, showing 42RWHP gains.

Fortunately that car is now back on the table, has our pulley installed and is going back to the dyno again
Stuart, I knew you had posted some V8 results from an earlier tune. I was just wondering if MI-FType was able to secure similar results. Look forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member

Smoke Em, MI-FType. Contact Dynapack at 559.292.3800 and ask their US distributor for the contact info for shops in your area that own the Dynapack equipment. This equipment is perhaps the most accurate as it is load bearing (the inertial DynoJets are useless for tuning) and bolts directly to the axle so you don't get any error from tire slippage or deformation like you do on a rolling road, such as the Mustang. Also, most Dynapack operators get the extra 2 axle boxes to run AWD.

Last edited by Unhingd; 06-09-2016 at 08:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Smoke Em (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 08:49 PM

If you do find a shop willing to do that, don't go there! That's a good way to screw up a perfectly good SC shaft. They should use an appropriate puller and a high temp heating blanket to wrap around the pulley while they are pulling the pulley. Or better yet, swap out the lower pulley instead. Much easier to get at (don't have to pull the front bumper off) and it attaches with bolts and takes far less force to remove. The lower OEM pulley is also reusable in case you need to go back to stock. The upper pulley will deform during removal.

Completely understood. However, unlike the V6, there is no pulley removal tool that fits the V8 pulley. In a video posted by ECU Tuning Group, they use one that they made special for the V8. The shop I went to called Stuart, Hennessey, Eurocharged and all confirmed (as well as some other forum members) that grinding/cutting is the only way to remove the V8 pulley. My shop called ECU to see if they could borrow the removal tool, but they declined.

As a result, I will wait to install they pulley until someone comes up with a tool that fits. The grinding/cutting method makes me too nervous and would really take someone who knew what they were doing.

In the meantime, I think I may go the with Velocity's sport cats and corresponding tune once they are ready.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Completely understood. However, unlike the V6, there is no pulley removal tool that fits the V8 pulley.
The one that was used on mine was an adjustable bar puller. Could have handled a 66mm diameter pulley as easily as it did the 62mm pulley.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

I have installed over a dozen pulleys on the 5.0 engine & never once cut it off. We would simply remove the pulley with a puller. It is more labor intensive but the right way to do the job.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I have installed over a dozen pulleys on the 5.0 engine & never once cut it off. We would simply remove the pulley with a puller. It is more labor intensive but the right way to do the job.
Hey... just going off what I have been told. You are the only one who has said that they have removed a 5L pulley with a tool. If you have one that fits, I'd love to borrow it.

Quick Reply: Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.