F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Steve DINAN is the owner and still active with the company as far as I know.
Thanks .
FWIW. He left the company last year to take a position with Ganassi Racing

Old 06-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Received 857 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by MI-FType
Completely understood. However, unlike the V6, there is no pulley removal tool that fits the V8 pulley. In a video posted by ECU Tuning Group, they use one that they made special for the V8. The shop I went to called Stuart, Hennessey, Eurocharged and all confirmed (as well as some other forum members) that grinding/cutting is the only way to remove the V8 pulley. My shop called ECU to see if they could borrow the removal tool, but they declined.

As a result, I will wait to install they pulley until someone comes up with a tool that fits. The grinding/cutting method makes me too nervous and would really take someone who knew what they were doing.

In the meantime, I think I may go the with Velocity's sport cats and corresponding tune once they are ready.
Cutting it off isn't the only way to do it, but a lot of guys I know who do lots choose to do it this way. There are some pullers that will fit.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 06-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default can't we get the correct tool and have it for members

like a library tool use program. Just saying - it can't be that much. Just ship it from member to member after two weeks of borrowing it. We can set up a waiting list. Thats what forums are for dammit!

I'm assuming the puller can't weigh over 50 lbs.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-12-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
like a library tool use program. Just saying - it can't be that much. Just ship it from member to member after two weeks of borrowing it. We can set up a waiting list. Thats what forums are for dammit!

I'm assuming the puller can't weigh over 50 lbs.
Here's what it looks like (more like 3-5 lbs):

The following users liked this post:
Smoke Em (06-13-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts
Old 06-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Dinan knows what the hell they're doing!

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I just wish they would also do the Jaguar F-TYPE sports car. And I would bet the majority of the members of this message board wood purchase Dinan Jaguar modification upgrades

Old 06-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I just wish they would also do the Jaguar F-TYPE sports car. And I would bet the majority of the members of this message board wood purchase Dinan Jaguar modification upgrades
I think if you interview the existing tuners on this board they would say it is impossible to sell a tuning product on this board without being called a snake oil salesman. They post dyno results, people call them fake. If they prove they're not fake, people say it will destroy your engine. I don't think Jaguar owners are that performance inclined.

But on the other hand, we all know this car needs some serious help from tuners, especially in the suspension area.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I'd be on the opposite side of that bet if it were an option.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Banned
Default Being skeptical and conservative

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I think if you interview the existing tuners on this board they would say it is impossible to sell a tuning product on this board without being called a snake oil salesman. They post dyno results, people call them fake. If they prove they're not fake, people say it will destroy your engine. I don't think Jaguar owners are that performance inclined.

But on the other hand, we all know this car needs some serious help from tuners, especially in the suspension area.
If a person is this way, then your point is well taken and I agree with you

Old 06-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Default UBAD, I see you're fixated on Dinan...

Tell you what, I'm local to them. If they need a car to modify, I'd be willing to talk to them should you get them to green light the project. That's half the battle.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Tell you what, I'm local to them. If they need a car to modify, I'd be willing to talk to them should you get them to green light the project. That's half the battle.
Dinan would never go for it. There's not enough of us to make it worth their while.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Dinan would never go for it. There's not enough of us to make it worth their while.
+1 That's becoming a show-stopper for F-Type since there are so few of them. It's very risky for any after-market supplier to take on F-Type merchandise. Having spent just a few weeks on the C7 forum, it's shocking how much stuff is available for those cars cheap, but they do build 40K a year. Similarly, there are a gazillion BMWs on the roads making an easy market for Dinan.

I also disagree that people here are "anti-tuner." The precious little actual data that has been posted on this site has been met with very positive feedback. If anything, it's been the V6 people begging for any kind of data. Only Unhingd working with his custom tuner and the now vanished VMax group have posted any data for the V6.

Even VMax had a very positive reception initially until several people got burned, and the principle went missing.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-17-2016 at 05:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SinF (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
+1

Even VMax had a very positive reception initially until several people got burned.
The VMax tune wasn't inherently bad. The proprietor (not the source of the tunes) was just just a sleazy operator and liar and was never available to provide the needed customer support.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

+1 That's becoming a show-stopper for F-Type since there are so few of them. It's very risky for any after-market supplier to take on F-Type merchandise. Having spent just a few weeks on the C7 forum, it's shocking how much stuff is available for those cars cheap, but they do build 40K a year. Similarly, there are a gazillion BMWs on the roads making an easy market for Dinan.

I also disagree that people here are "anti-tuner." The precious little actual data that has been posted on this site has been met with very positive feedback. If anything, it's been the V6 people begging for any kind of data. Only Unhingd working with his custom tuner and the now vanished VMax group have posted any data for the V6.

Even VMax had a very positive reception initially until several people got burned, and the principle went missing.
What are the F-Type sales figures? Are F's making Jag money or a losing prop? Any chance Jag will discontinue? If so, I guarantee you in 25 years these cars will hold their value, then escalate. Destined to be a classic.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

They are selling OK, but not flying out of dealerships in the US. If the car hangs around and JLR doesn't screw it up through a few more model years, it will develop a larger following with more and more stuff available because of a larger customer base.

It's useful to look at history, and icons like Corvette and Porsche that have stuck w/ the same basic formula with continuous improvement for more than 50 years. Corvette is now 63 years old, and has an almost cult-like following, as does Porsche.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-17-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

That can kind of work both ways Foosh. In the exotic world, limited run cars like the Daytona, Borla, Pantera, etc become valuable because of their rarity. To cross that timeless benchmark like Vette you have to overcome eras like the late 70's to mid 80's which for Vette, are plastic garbage. I saw a mint 84 crossfire time capsule with 10K miles on it factory tires etc at auction and it only sold for 15K.

Has to be the right Vette. Think 'Stangs of the 80's basically Granadas and worthless.

These cars have pedigree, performance and dare I say timeless looks. The classic trifecta. Hope I'm here long enough to see but my son will likely be the beneficiary of any of this. Also being the top of the line of the marque always adds to the collectibility factor. Think BMW 650csi, Mercedes 280SL, BMW 3500cs or Alpinas, or early M's. Datsun 280z. Cant go wrong.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-17-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

That can kind of work both ways Foosh. In the exotic world, limited run cars like the Daytona, Borla, Pantera, etc become valuable because of their rarity. To cross that timeless benchmark like Vette you have to overcome eras like the late 70's to mid 80's which for Vette, are plastic garbage. I saw a mint 84 crossfire time capsule with 10K miles on it factory tires etc at auction and it only sold for 15K.

Has to be the right Vette. Think 'Stangs of the 80's basically Granadas and worthless.

These cars have pedigree and performance and dare I say timeless looks. The classic trifecta. Hope I'm here long enough to see but my son will likely be the beneficiary of any of this.
Yes, even Ferrari, Porsche, and many other exotics have unloved mutts in their past. Jaguar has quite a few as well.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, even Ferrari, Porsche, and many other exotics have unloved mutts in their past. Jaguar has quite a few as well.
This can't be one.

No car that gets this much attention can lose its appeal over time. Especially as cars move to be more eco boxes, beautiful cars will be considered art. Beautiful cars that perform will be destined to be classics.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member

This can't be one.

No car that gets this much attention can lose its appeal over time. Especially as cars move to be more eco boxes, beautiful cars will be considered art. Beautiful cars that perform will be destined to be classics.
I certainly agree that the F-Type in it's current configuration could well become a very valuable classic, and if they screw up future model years, that could make the current cars even more valuable. That's exactly what happened with the E-Type. It's the "Series 1" cars demanding big bucks these days. Later cars, while not exactly mutts are not even close to as valuable.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:00 PM
Banned
Default For what it's worth ....

I certainly agree that the F-Type in it's current configuration could well become a very valuable classic, and if they screw up future model years, that could make the current cars even more valuable. That's exactly what happened with the E-Type. It's the "Series 1" cars demanding big bucks these days. Later cars, while not exactly mutts are not even close to as valuable.

Guys,
I planted the seed, so now those who might be interested with DINAN becoming a Jaguar tuner company, please contact the headquarters office, start watering the planted seed to see it possibly come to fruition.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Dinan as a Jaguar Tuning company ! please read.