Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you Valet

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts
Default Do you Valet

DO you Valet your F-Type? IF you do, does the Valet park it "out front"?

How many of you are afraid of leaving the car with the Valet and would rather self park?

There isn't any type of "valet security" other than a few locking compartments is there? (HP reduction, rev limits, even recording like the new C7 has with their data logger...)

Old 03-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Valet is very routine in Vegas. Most places have 2 and we know which is better. They park every kind of hi end car you can imagine.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bjg625
Valet is very routine in Vegas. Most places have 2 and we know which is better. They park every kind of hi end car you can imagine.
Ok, I can understand Vegas.... I'm in Dallas though, and I have heard horror stories...

Old 03-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I never valet, but if there is no other option, I pay the valet guy and park the vehicle myself. I also keep a .45 in the glove box, so it would be irresponsible of me to give someone else potential access to the weapon.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:33 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

I park it myself and tip the valet $20 to watch the car at Il Terrazo in Seattle occasionally. He recognizes me and has no problem with it.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

As a general rule, no, I don't like valeting my car. I'm not worried about them driving it, revving it, etc....afraid of the minor dents/dings that would be a PITA to deal with. Imagine coming home and finding a minor ding...would be a royal PITA to deal with and good luck trying to pin it on the valet parking...

Old 03-16-2015, 01:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No. Never again.

Here's another horror story from dallas I went out to nick and sams for dinner with friends and valet'd. Yes they parked the car up front which was great but thats the end of the great part. I came out after dinner to find the valet lost the keys. They tried to blame me for not giving them the key then for drinking too much, except I don't drink and drive and only had iced tea with dinner. After the blame game they turned the place inside out and finally admitted they did get the key and lost it. My friend luckily had a rental car so went home and dropped his wife at the hotel then came back to get me. He took me home and to the office to look for the spare key. I just got the car and didn't put all the paperwork and spare key filed away yet so wasn't able to find it. Ended up having to go back to the restaurant at like 2am where the valet manager was waiting with the car since the top was down. We called multiple tow companies to try and tow it to the dealership but every single one refused to touch the car due to liability. I was super paranoid about it raining and ruining the car and attempted to manually put the roof up. What a major pain in the butt and failed at that - only flaw with the car btw. We finally found a tow company willing to come get it but it would be 2 hrs before they came. The valet mgr said he'd wait with it and to just head home and he'll call me with an update. I agreed and headed home. Tore my place apart and luckily came up with my spare key and took and uber back to get the car and made it home around 4am.
Restaurant of course didn't do a damn thing for me despite spending over 1k on dinner between the three of us. Valet did agree to at least replace the lost key but was a major pain in the butt for me. I had to go to the dealership twice to sign paperwork and get it programmed then pick up the second part when it got shipped in after being cut.

So um, no valet for me ever again except at the ritz carlton. Only valet in this town that I trust and trust to make things beyond right. Makes it hard in a town that has mandatory valet at even coffee shops but its worth it.

The following users liked this post:
TXJagR (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 01:54 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
I never valet, but if there is no other option, I pay the valet guy and park the vehicle myself. I also keep a .45 in the glove box, so it would be irresponsible of me to give someone else potential access to the weapon.
Slightly off topic but I keep a 9mm and spare mag in the rear center console. Glove box and rear center console both very inconvenient locations and would love to find a more easily accessible spot in f type for one if anyone has ideas. In my previous car I kept it strapped under the driver seat but with these seats it doesn't fit

Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zerphyte
Slightly off topic but I keep a 9mm and spare mag in the rear center console. Glove box and rear center console both very inconvenient locations and would love to find a more easily accessible spot in f type for one if anyone has ideas. In my previous car I kept it strapped under the driver seat but with these seats it doesn't fit
Americans....

The following 2 users liked this post by Lowkey:
Ggraddy (03-19-2015), pembroke (03-19-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowkey
Americans....
+1

Old 03-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
+1

Yep . . .

Old 03-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowkey
Americans....
No... Texans and Hillbillies.

Ma,
We have fresh road kill for dinner!!

Old 03-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

I have thought about but in the end,my OCD won't let me...

Old 03-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
No... Texans and Hillbillies.

Ma,
We have fresh road kill for dinner!!

So true about Texas!

I use valet all the time as in Manhattan there are probably 2 self parking garages and huge majority of the time valets are careful with an expensive car like FType but they also deal with super expensive Bentley's, Ferrari's, etc. But I have two horror stories.
1. I had valet parking in our previous apartment and I always tipped the garage guys very well but one of the valets who was sort of my buddy decided to give us mistress my car to drive in the garage and they hit bumper into a metal garage barrel leaving a huge scar. Next day, the valets claimed they had no idea what happened but I filled the damage form. So, I saw down with building manager and viewed surveillance tape and saw this lady driving my car (she could not even start or shift the car) and then hitting the barrel. The garage paid for repair and rental car.
2. I would park near my office around Times Square and I noticed this valet revving the car multiple times and I warned him not to do that as he had a crazy grin on his face and he was like this car is awesome. Complained to their office and guy got fired.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

I valet often. I use the valet mode. I feel like that when the valet sees "valet mode" on the touchscreen, it discourages him from romping on the car.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Holy s**t still trying to recover from the fact that there are real people who would carry and leave a handgun in a car.

Would prefer not to valet, but there are some places I have to park for work where there is really no choice. And it's by far the best option at the airport so yes I do but won't if it is easily avoidable.

Foosh (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zerphyte
No. Never again.

Here's another horror story from dallas I went out to nick and sams for dinner with friends and valet'd. Yes they parked the car up front which was great but thats the end of the great part. I came out after dinner to find the valet lost the keys. They tried to blame me for not giving them the key then for drinking too much, except I don't drink and drive and only had iced tea with dinner. After the blame game they turned the place inside out and finally admitted they did get the key and lost it. My friend luckily had a rental car so went home and dropped his wife at the hotel then came back to get me. He took me home and to the office to look for the spare key. I just got the car and didn't put all the paperwork and spare key filed away yet so wasn't able to find it. Ended up having to go back to the restaurant at like 2am where the valet manager was waiting with the car since the top was down. We called multiple tow companies to try and tow it to the dealership but every single one refused to touch the car due to liability. I was super paranoid about it raining and ruining the car and attempted to manually put the roof up. What a major pain in the butt and failed at that - only flaw with the car btw. We finally found a tow company willing to come get it but it would be 2 hrs before they came. The valet mgr said he'd wait with it and to just head home and he'll call me with an update. I agreed and headed home. Tore my place apart and luckily came up with my spare key and took and uber back to get the car and made it home around 4am.
Restaurant of course didn't do a damn thing for me despite spending over 1k on dinner between the three of us. Valet did agree to at least replace the lost key but was a major pain in the butt for me. I had to go to the dealership twice to sign paperwork and get it programmed then pick up the second part when it got shipped in after being cut.

So um, no valet for me ever again except at the ritz carlton. Only valet in this town that I trust and trust to make things beyond right. Makes it hard in a town that has mandatory valet at even coffee shops but its worth it.

Well, now I know to stay away from Nick and Sams. Maybe I'll try Perrys...

Old 03-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
Holy s**t still trying to recover from the fact that there are real people who would carry and leave a handgun in a car.

Would prefer not to valet, but there are some places I have to park for work where there is really no choice. And it's by far the best option at the airport so yes I do but won't if it is easily avoidable.
Unfortunately in this country, any expression of displeasure with an incompetent or dangerous driver can get you killed.

AnD3rew (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Does anyone remember the film: Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

I felt the Valets drove the car appropriately.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Living in LA it is hard, but I try to avoid the valet as much as possible. So far I've only had to valet once and I watched him park the car.

I also don't believe in the large tip ahead or after because why should I pay for someone to respect my property when they should be respecting everyone's property? It is their job. Doesn't matter if it is a $250k Ferrari or a $15k KIA. Treat it with respect.

I do wish valet mode would limit the speed or RPM's. I had a tune on my Audi with a valet mode which did just that. Just a bit of piece of mind. The C7 does it right.

Quick Reply: Do you Valet