Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you Valet

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
While I agree. If you are so constantly worried someone will damage your car, then I would argue the car is top expensive for you.
1) When it comes to my F-Type, I'm not worried about anything*. It's just a car and what will be will be. (I was merely concurring with some of my fellow Forum members; in that I would prefer to park it myself versus handing it over to a valet).
2) It is too expensive for me, but I didn't let that stop me from buying it.
3) Carpe diem!

*Truth is, I don't worry about anything. Period.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Agree it is better to park yourself in general when self-parking is provided up front. And frankly I think the entire valet industry is a rot on the fabric of society - low value useless employment.

However I do think that people who opt out of fine dining because of a valet are simply imbalanced and don't understand that a car is just one of many fine things in a life well lived.

I would have no hesitation handing my car over the the valets at the St Regis resort in Bal Harbor. They know me they treat my cars very well and they understand these cars are special. Yes I could self-park half a mile away under an overpass, but do I really want my wife walking in a perfectly coutured evening gown walking half a mile in the scorching heat when I could just have the car parked up front? I think not.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 04-26-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

.....but do I really want my wife walking in a perfectly coutured evening gown ...
Can F-Type ingress/egress be successfully navigated in such a get-up? My wife has serious doubts. I know....,

Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Can F-Type ingress/egress be successfully navigated in such a get-up? My wife has serious doubts. I know....,
It can. It's not as extreme as it looks - maybe 2 inches lower than sitting in the M5. Not like a Boxster or a Corvette.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

While I agree. If you are so constantly worried someone will damage your car, then I would argue the car is top expensive for you.
This is not the case. I was worried about every single car that I had since I first got my license and worked my buns off to buy my first car! It was a Fiat 128, and I treated this chariot like a "Cadillac" in the day. Something to be said about working hard for an asset, being proud of it, and taking good care of it.

In all due respect your statement about value and affordability is painting with a roller, and not 100% accurate in all cases (in all due respect).

Also, the imbalanced statement isn't accurate either. I too enjoy the finest of dining and events that warrant full attire....., and choose giving my keys over to a "low life" who doesn't respect a hard earned asset, quickly sizing up the scenario as a person who works and has worked hard his entire life in order to buy, respect and take care of "his personal asset". With valet, and events such as weddings etc., I tip and park it myself. The valet folks have an ear to ear grin when I do this, as they have made the money, and don't have to do the work....right up their power alley :-)!

All opinions folks....no right or wrong, just style and opinions. Have a great week all, and God Bless the folks in India who have many bigger problems than any discussion on the forum. Sad to say the least, very sad!

Last edited by slojotaa; 04-26-2015 at 09:09 PM.