Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
You'll have to wait as I heard they suspended sales while they work out undisclosed issues with the car. Might be the grenading engines or a few other things I've heard about.
Take a peak at chrysler JD power info. and they are usually close to or at the last place in quality... I've owned some.. never again.
Hopefully they can straighten out the quality problems in the near future.. wonder what they will do with Ferrari in this regard.
Lawrence

Old 09-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Take a peak at chrysler JD power info. and they are usually close to or at the last place in quality... I've owned some.. never again.
Hopefully they can straighten out the quality problems in the near future.. wonder what they will do with Ferrari in this regard.
Lawrence
They have typically been low over the years, as has Jaguar, but it's the dealer's service department that makes all the difference. Find one that's capable, accessible and knows how to treat a customer well and you won't mind the odd hicup along the way...but if you suffer at the hands of a bad one you'll hate the thought of having to even have an oil change done there...regardless of brand and JD ratings.

Jaguar owners have a long history of tolerating abysmal quality because they love the cars. My XKE was the worst built car I've ever owned but one of my favorites. Special cars aren't appliances, and most of the greatest of all time wouldn't do well with J.D.Powers. All brands are much more reliable than they were a few years ago, and what's ranked low today is probably superior to the best not long ago.

Find a car you're passionate about, use the internet to find great local service, and buy one with a warranty so you're covered. We've owned many top of the line cars from a number of high-end brands and every time my wife sees a Challenger she takes notice, as do I, and having seen and sat in a Hellcat with 707 hp I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if that's what I wanted. That's what I did when I bought an XKR, and it's replacement.