Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does '21 F-type have this nav display?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 04:19 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
The Pagani display is a nightmare, an absolute nightmare both aesthetically and in terms of safety/instant recognition.
The Zonda in the bottom picture had an MSRP of $325K and is a 7 figure car 20 years later. I could put up with that.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,294 Likes on 892 Posts

The XE isnt my daily but I drive it quite a bit. I have looked for dash lag and havent seen any, the reactions are lightning fast. It is nice in the XE to have more music info on the dash screen as it shows how far into the song you are whereas the F Type only shows what song it is. The nav on dash might be better in the F Type which doesnt have the HUD. Ultimately in the XE with a HUD it is a bit redundant because you barely look at the dash anyway. One thing I like about the F Type dash though is that the digital speedo is right at the top and in the middle where you can see it without looking down. I think if Jag are putting this dash in the F Type, they should change it so that happens. My XKR had the digital speedo at the bottom of the dash and it was a distraction looking down.

Personally I like the dash in my current F Type (the updated 2016 version). I wouldnt be upset to have the digital, but I wouldnt cream my jeans to get it either as I dont really think it suits the connected feeling of a sports car, it is maybe a bit sterile?

Old 02-19-2020, 05:12 PM
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

This photo of the F-type '21 instrument cluster seems to offer a cleaner design.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,294 Likes on 892 Posts

It might be different but I think it is just that the one dial function has been selected. The first menu is dials (2, 1, or none) and the second menu is what you want displayed - trip info, traffic info, media, nav. This one looks like single dial, media + nav displayed.

I'm not wild on the single dial incorporating tacho and speedo. It reminds me of the Mazda setup which was similar to what volvo were using several years ago.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 581 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
it shows how far into the song you are
The center Information screen (the one between the gauges) on our old '14 shows song progression.

This time of year, with the sun low in the sky, I'm perpetually annoyed by the P.O.'s scratches on that screen. Hopefully the coatings used on the latest main screens are more robust.
(Yes, I'm aware of the Topic here about polishing those scratches. I always forget to get around to it. )

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (02-20-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 08:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, the nav entry certainly isn't the best by any stretch, I was talking more about just the display without the Google Maps factor. I definitely also decided that the long-term cost was definitely not worth the cost. Once I dug a little, I was disappointed to see how much Audi's service for the Google Maps and wifi hotspot data rates really were. Plus, you're right, the voice IQ seems to be pretty dumb, there must be some syntax trick I have been missing.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by RideTheLightning
Agreed, the nav entry certainly isn't the best by any stretch, I was talking more about just the display without the Google Maps factor. I definitely also decided that the long-term cost was definitely not worth the cost. Once I dug a little, I was disappointed to see how much Audi's service for the Google Maps and wifi hotspot data rates really were. Plus, you're right, the voice IQ seems to be pretty dumb, there must be some syntax trick I have been missing.
Yeah Audi's digital interface has a great reputation but I find it awful. Google maps is a nice GPS interface but sadly its not included. I don't love the idea of google sending me ads while they track me, either. Its bad enough that I get ads based off my phone voice conversations.