F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know if the Eventuri intake is legit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:05 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
My 2 cents, for what it's worth...
2 cents from you is like a dollar from anyone else. Clear, logical, and no B.S.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys - Just came across this thread and thought I'd register to give you some insight into our F-Type system.

I completely understand the reluctancy in believe the power gains we have posted for both the V6 and V8. To be honest when we first tested the V8 we were also surprised at the gains - we did not expect the uplift in torque by so much and also in the HP curve further up the RPM range. I could go into the technical details of the design and how it allows the charger to work more efficiently but again, you guys will still understandably be reluctant - I would too!

One of the reasons it works is the stock system - although has a decent filter size, pulls in air from a very small opening sealed to a tube which has a very tight 90 degree bend routing up from the airboxes to then sit behind the upper party of the bumper. Furthermore there is a sound suppressing tube attached to each MAF tube which is bad for airflow. Our system is a much more direct path with our Venturi housing to maintain laminar flow all the way to the charger.

So the best thing is for someone to try them - do a before and after dyno (on the same day with the stock system vs the Eventuri to eliminate other variables such as ambient temperatures, fuel quality etc etc). So I am willing to do a one off discount for someone willing to try and do the testing. We have done several dyno tests and we can post them all day long, but our results will be seen as non "independent".

I would love for you guys to see and experience for yourself the incredible gains we have achieved on this platform.

Bilal
(Design Engineer and Co Founder)

Last edited by Cambo; 11-06-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: commercial links removed.
The following 2 users liked this post by eventuri:
CaptainHam (11-07-2016), DJS (11-05-2016)
Old 11-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by eventuri
So the best thing is for someone to try them - do a before and after dyno (on the same day with the stock system vs the Eventuri to eliminate other variables such as ambient temperatures, fuel quality etc etc). So I am willing to do a one off discount for someone willing to try and do the testing. We have done several dyno tests and we can post them all day long, but our results will be seen as non "independent".
In this day and age an OEM engineering team that left 30HP on the table from intake system losses would be lined up and summarily fired.

If you're so convinced that your product works as stated- lend it free of charge to an owner who agrees to have it installed as per your instructions and to also provide complete pre and post dyno runs.

Give that owner the opportunity to then keep your intake if he so chooses at a pre-agreed price. If it does return anywhere near 30HP, the value of positive publicity would be priceless.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mikey:
Burt Gummer (11-05-2016), Dremorg (11-05-2016)
Old 11-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

When I think Intake it is for louder blower whine, but I guess that wouldn't be the case.
Almost bought a Hellcat to hear that again (had a heavenly CAI/SC whine in my Ford truck).

Old 11-06-2016, 06:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
When I think Intake it is for louder blower whine, but I guess that wouldn't be the case.
Almost bought a Hellcat to hear that again (had a heavenly CAI/SC whine in my Ford truck).
I have the Eventuri intake & it has a nice intake whine.

The following users liked this post:
domino_z (11-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 09:03 AM

Ok - if the user does the before and after tests on the same day for an accurate comparison and the results are not in line with our results then we will offer a refund on return of the system.

You have to remember that when the oem manufacturer designs the airboxes they have to conform to certain regulations such as noise and serviceability criteria which usually results in a restriction of some sort. They do not design the system for optimum power. This is why we have seen significant results not only on this platform but on other high performance vehicles such as the RS5 and more recently the Lamborghini Huracan - which again uses cuboid airboxes with a flow restriction from the 90 degree duct inlets.

Would be good to have a couple of comparisons from members.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Ok - if the user does the before and after tests on the same day for an accurate comparison and the results are not in line with our results then we will offer a refund on return of the system.
That's far short of the deal I suggested above

This is why we have seen significant results not only on this platform but
So let's see them...

Would be good to have a couple of comparisons from members.
Your move.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:44 PM

As nice as you guys probably are - we cannot simply handout free intakes with the promise of return. Think of the payment as a deposit - which we will refund fully if the results are not as claimed. I'm sure you can understand these are not cheap items we can afford to simply give out so easily. This is a money back guarantee - which other intake company will do that?

Last edited by Cambo; 11-06-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: commercial links removed.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

As these aren't cheap items, would you consider making them out of something less costly that CF?
It's not a part that anyone sees, and doesn't need to be that strong or lightweight to have the benefits that you claim.
I for one, would entertain a small hike in power, but the cost is prohibitive.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Eventuri,
Thanks for the info... maybe I missed this, however one concern I would have is the quality of the air filter itself .. for instance does it filter out the same particle size as the OEM..
Lawrence.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:49 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

While this isn't something that interests me, I appreciate your participation in the forum.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Eventuri,
Thanks for the info... maybe I missed this, however one concern I would have is the quality of the air filter itself .. for instance does it filter out the same particle size as the OEM..
Lawrence.
Same concern here. Most research shows the "free flow" filters which are usually oil soaked media don't filter nearly as well as the OEM style filter elements.
If Eventuri is using the OEM filter technology, and relying solely on a more streamlined airflow, there could be some merit. As Tel suggests, Aluminum or plastic intake tubes would make more economic sense.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts
Default EVenturi Roll Call - Any Sponsors Offering Black Friday Deal?

Hi guys

This intake has been out for a while now, but i still can't find any videos or sound bites

There's a few threads with random posts

Can those who have it installed post their feedback and whether you can now hear the supercharger whine over the exhaust from inside the car - i've been watching a lot of american muscle car vids like the hellcats and wouldn't mind a little charger whine

Jaguar F Type | Eventuri

Last edited by Cambo; 11-06-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Thread moved, no need for multiple threads.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Hi Guys - Just came across this thread and thought I'd register to give you some insight into our F-Type system....
Welcome to the forum Bilal, nice to have you with us.

Sorry to jump straight to business, but you might not be aware that this forum has a number of paying sponsors and vendors, and as such, we don't allow commercial posts from companies that aren't. It's not fair on the other companies who are paying for sponsor/vendor status.

So i've had to delete your email address and the commercial links to your website, for now. The forum admin, JimC64 will be in touch shortly regarding the sponsor/vendor packages.

In the meantime feel free to discuss the technical aspects of your product. Hope we can have you on-board as a sponsor or vendor.

Thanks.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
domino_z (11-06-2016), JimC64 (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo
Welcome to the forum Bilal, nice to have you with us.

Sorry to jump straight to business, but you might not be aware that this forum has a number of paying sponsors and vendors, and as such, we don't allow commercial posts from companies that aren't. It's not fair on the other companies who are paying for sponsor/vendor status.

So i've had to delete your email address and the commercial links to your website, for now. The forum admin, JimC64 will be in touch shortly regarding the sponsor/vendor packages.

In the meantime feel free to discuss the technical aspects of your product. Hope we can have you on-board as a sponsor or vendor.

Thanks.

Hi Cambo

I apologise and completely understand. Just to be clear - we do not want to sell our intake systems directly to forum members since we have dealers setup who would do this. This was simply an attempt at trying to get a couple of members to test our products. The retail side of things would then be handled by our dealers.

I look forward to receiving sponsor information.

Thanks

Bilal

Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tel
As these aren't cheap items, would you consider making them out of something less costly that CF?
It's not a part that anyone sees, and doesn't need to be that strong or lightweight to have the benefits that you claim.
I for one, would entertain a small hike in power, but the cost is prohibitive.
I understand this point however, due to the very low volume of Jaguar intakes we expect to sell per year, the cost of tooling for plastic would be very expensive and so the end product cost would not be cheaper. Doing tubes and housings from aluminium poses issues with heat conduction.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

We sell these to most of our M3 / M4 / M5 customers and all of them are extremely happy with the purchase. No feedback on our Jags though.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I would be a buyer in the $300-$500 range if you could get your product to that price point.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:26 AM

As nice as you guys probably are - we cannot simply handout free intakes with the promise of return.
Despite outward appearances, most of us are reasonably nice. You'll have to forgive the slightly cynical attitude as the promise of 'X number of horsepower' from a bolt on widget is almost at the top of the list of world's most abused promises.

Possibly one of your dealers could organize a show and tell session with a local owner to help you demonstrate and verify the performance increases.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mikey
You'll have to forgive the slightly cynical attitude as the promise of 'X number of horsepower' from a bolt on widget is almost at the top of the list of world's most abused promises.
This I totally understand which is why I offered a money back guarantee if the test result is not in line. If we were not confident with our test results then we just would not offer this - would be a waste of time for us to do so.

We go to great lengths to engineer our intakes - not just throw a cone on the end of a tube and claim some magic power figures. Unfortunately for many years bolt on modifications - especially intake systems have seldom lived up to the claims. Hopefully we can start to change that.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (11-08-2016)

Quick Reply: Does anyone know if the Eventuri intake is legit?