Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragy Times - And Transfer Case

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Craaaazzy
great news dc! looks like you'll have to hold off on moving back to Porsche, fortunate for us.

btw, can you pm me a link to ur water/meth upgrade?
Hi,

I just posted a thread that has all of my DIY's in one spot. HERE.

DC

The following users liked this post:
Sparky H (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 05:57 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Deep breath....OMMMMMMM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Hi,

DC
Respect and Admiration from this cowboy ...
Good stuff happens to GOOD FOLKS (that LOVE Jaguar)! Thank You, Sir.

Therock88 (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 06:47 PM
Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

thanks, didn’t notice it when I read your thread before.

Hi,

DC

Old 01-21-2021, 07:34 PM
Received 446 Likes on 241 Posts

Yes...Could have been so much worse!

Thanks,
DC
How about a shout out to the dealer by name? Let other members know the dealers they should be supporting and where they should get their cars serviced.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:34 PM
Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Rock88: Glad things turned out better than you expected! I bet you can finally get a good nights sleep now. ( Worry about the exhaust another day. ) Stay in touch and keep those great DIY's coming.

JB

Old 01-21-2021, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
How about a shout out to the dealer by name? Let other members know the dealers they should be supporting and where they should get their cars serviced.
Absolutely...The dealer I went to is Jaguar of Peoria (Central Illinois). One of the many Uftring Dealerships.... Cannot speak for the other brands, but the guys at the Jaguar Dealership were surprisingly awesome.

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 01-21-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Thunder Dump (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Rondog
Rock88: Glad things turned out better than you expected! I bet you can finally get a good nights sleep now. ( Worry about the exhaust another day. ) Stay in touch and keep those great DIY's coming.

JB
Thanks Rondog! I actually put it back up on the lift already, and made all of the adjustments, and I think I am golden now....One spot that was hitting...The back crossbar (the piece that rusts)...I put two washers above the bar to create a little clearance, and also put a hose clamp around the rubber exhaust hanger, and tightened it a bit to raise it up some (a trick I learned on the internet ). Where the mid-pipe was rubbing the cross-plate...I had the car in the air...then put a 4X4 piece of wood on a floor jack...loosened the clamps where the downpipe goes in to the mid-pipes, then jacked it up about 1". While it was in that "UP" position, I tightened the clamps very snug again...and it stayed up!...Then for good measure, I added a couple of washers above the cross-plate so it moved down about 1/8". It was rubbing before, no has about 1/2 inch clearance...So I think I am good!

Likely next adventure is the SVR rear Diffuser. First order as cancelled for no reason or response? Ordered again, and will see if it comes.

DC

Old 01-22-2021, 06:22 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Great news! Happy for you DC. And this means you'll be still around for a while which is great for the rest of us.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:44 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

So the moral is "always expect the worse" - that way you'll get a great result!

Old 01-22-2021, 09:06 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes...Could have been so much worse!

Thanks,
DC
Man, what a relief, thought I was going to have to buy a Porsche just to get all the free DYI's.
Karma isn't always a total bitch, sometimes she recognizes good folks and just scares them a little.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DC,
Could you elaborate on your 15mm Hub Centric Spacers??? Such as: where purchased, quality, any negative issues with wheel suspension geometry or rubbing and lastly safety issue/concerns with adding a spacer to the hub of a high performance high top speed R-Coupe. I have a 2015 RWD with VAP lowering springs and alignment (just completed), stock 20" wheels and MP4S stock size as well. Love the new stance, but feel the wheels need to be pushed out a bit without compromising the above concerns. Thanks my friend your solid dude and respect your opinion. Stoked that you were able to resolve your rattle issue with minimal out of pocket and major part R & R.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Great news! Happy for you DC. And this means you'll be still around for a while which is great for the rest of us.
Thanks a bunch. I appreciate that.

DC

Old 01-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by madmax1911
Man, what a relief, thought I was going to have to buy a Porsche just to get all the free DYI's.
Karma isn't always a total bitch, sometimes she recognizes good folks and just scares them a little.
Well... I saved you some money! I do also have a ton of Porsche DIYs if you ever need one I have all of the mods back on, and adjusted the exhaust, and it is working great!

Thanks,
DC

madmax1911 (01-23-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
So the moral is "always expect the worse" - that way you'll get a great result!
There are probably lots of morals here...But for certain, life gives us opportunities to learn something everyday! Sometimes it is just hard to figure out what it is...

Old 01-22-2021, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burn123
DC,
Could you elaborate on your 15mm Hub Centric Spacers??? Such as: where purchased, quality, any negative issues with wheel suspension geometry or rubbing and lastly safety issue/concerns with adding a spacer to the hub of a high performance high top speed R-Coupe. I have a 2015 RWD with VAP lowering springs and alignment (just completed), stock 20" wheels and MP4S stock size as well. Love the new stance, but feel the wheels need to be pushed out a bit without compromising the above concerns. Thanks my friend your solid dude and respect your opinion. Stoked that you were able to resolve your rattle issue with minimal out of pocket and major part R & R.
Hi...

Thank you...

On the spacers...
Sure, not buying or selling, but the ones I have are from Motorsport Tech. They are custom made, all aluminum, hub centric, 15MM adapters. 15 MM adapters will fit your Setup with no rubbing, and will get your wheels flush and look great. You want hub centric so you do not have issues with vibration etc.. Wheel spacers/adapters (certainly 15 MM) will not harm your car, or wear anything faster. I put them/have them on my Porsche 911 Turbo, Boxster S, Cayenne S, and Jeep Sahara Unlimited....and many other past rides, with no issues ever. Again, get well made hub-centric adapters and you will have no issues. Depending on your wheels, you will likely need to grind 2-3 mm off the wheel studs for clearance, but very easy and quick to do.

This comes up a lot...So I may throw this info in a DIY and post to my list to keep all info together...

Good luck,
DC

Last edited by Therock88; 01-23-2021 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers

Morning DC,
Outstanding confirmation, intel and photos. Your Rock-Solid !!! I'll order today. Also just came from the Porsche side (08 997.1 tt 6 speed ecu flash and exhaust). Sold due to front diff failure issues...
GREATLY APPRECIATE your time.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:05 AM
Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

I bought some from eBay recently and they seem fine and are made in the USA. Remember to use red thread lock on the stock nuts that secure the spacer to the hub (not to the wheel). I also put anti seize on the spacer mounting surface facing the hub so it would be easier to remove when the time comes for that.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burn123
Morning DC,
Outstanding confirmation, intel and photos. Your Rock-Solid !!! I'll order today. Also just came from the Porsche side (08 997.1 tt 6 speed ecu flash and exhaust). Sold due to front diff failure issues...
GREATLY APPRECIATE your time.
My Pleasure! On my 997 TT used Softronic 93 Tune, 997.2 GT2RS Intercoolers (added water injection too), DO88 Silicone inlet Pipes, Silicone Boost Pipes, RSS Semi-Solid Motor Mounts, Torque Semi Solid Trans. Mounts...and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I know Jaguar has developed a reliability (bad) reputation over the years...And I will say the build quality is a tad less than Porsche (but not bad)....But many overlook the Metzger "Bulletproof" engine and invincible 997 TT issues - Plastic Coolant pipes glued in and fail at speed spewing coolant on the rear tires with catastrophic results(+$5000.00 repair, before the wreck! ), Variable Turbo actuators rusting stuck creating no boost, Variocam sleeve moving creating no timing adjustments (+$8000.00 repair), Noisy timing chain...And leaky Tiptronic transmissions....I love the car, but she sure ain't perfect!

Take care,
DC

Old 01-23-2021, 04:17 PM
Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Great thread and lots of good info. I was getting worried but just kept reading. I've been lurking to convince myself of the VAP stage II upgrade and hope it's worth it. Not planning on replacing the intakes or suspension. I want this to be a "sleeper." (if that's even possible to say about the R)

Old 01-23-2021, 10:20 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcar2Jag
Great thread and lots of good info. I was getting worried but just kept reading. I've been lurking to convince myself of the VAP stage II upgrade and hope it's worth it. Not planning on replacing the intakes or suspension. I want this to be a "sleeper." (if that's even possible to say about the R)
Especially not an Italian Racing Red one,

Quick Reply: Dragy Times - And Transfer Case