F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Mode Not Available

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamic Mode Not Available

I have a 2015 F Type R with about 22K miles on it. She has always run great. I usually run her in Dynamic Mode. However yesterday, I started to get a "Dynamic Mode is not Available" error and also a "Parking Brake Error". The parking brake error would go away after I applied and released the parking brake several times but the system will not let me put it in dynamic mode anymore. The button on the console that turns active exhaust on and off also does nothing...no indicator light or anything. The car used to be loud at first start up but the active exhaust does not even come on at startup anymore. Oddly, the car still runs great in paddle shift, sport and non sport modes with no errors. (All though the power may be less than before but hard to tell)

Any buddy else have a similar problem with their car not allowing dynamic mode to turn on?

The last thing that I did before the Dynamic would not come on was to try to clean the "sticky button" problem off of the dynamic switch on the console. I just wiped it with some alcohol. Could a fuse blown or some control module gone bad ?

Old 05-28-2021, 12:16 PM
Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Assuming your battery is fully charged, I would reboot your battery by removing negative lead for 30+ seconds from boot floor. The bottom line is that your battery must be fully charged all the time. A low battery is the nemesis of our Jaguars causing many issues. Let us know your outcome.
Frank

Old 05-28-2021, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,261 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Yes, the battery is always suspect #1, especially if you get seemingly unrelated symptoms at the same time...in this case, a bizarre combination of a moving (Dynamic mode) and a stationary (parking brake) failure!

Old 05-28-2021, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 441 Likes on 389 Posts

All those switches are in the same area. And you just tried to clean them with alcohol right before the problem started? I'm guessing that's connected. Possible that some went through and caused a short? Damaged a switch or circuit board? If it's not the battery that's where I'd go next.

Old 05-29-2021, 04:12 AM
Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

I had all sorts of weird error messages on my XF-S for no apparent reason. That turned out to be a low battery.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:27 PM

I checked the battery and it is fully charged. I keep it on a C TEK. I did a reboot by disconnecting the ground stud in the boot....all with the same conclusion....."Dynamic Mode is not available".

I decided to check all of the fuses. The under hood and foot well ones are okay but to ask a stupid question....How do I get to the fuses that are on the A - Pillar? The instructions say to "uncllip the access panel to view the fuses". You cant check the fuses through that little hole. It looks like the knee cover under the fascia runs under the sill plate and maybe the trunk release lever needs to be removed? How do I remove that whole cover under the fascia to be able to pull the fuses there to check them???? There has to be an easy way without removing too many pieces?

Old 05-30-2021, 08:00 PM
Received 178 Likes on 114 Posts

I used to get Dynamic mode not available error, albeit very rarely, like once every 2 months, and they usually happened on longer 1 hour + drives.

My headlight would also very rarely dim and come back in about half a second.

I related these to a weak battery so after a new one was in, I haven't experienced any of these symptoms yet.

I did experience a park brake fault at one point after changing the battery, it cleared itself after a restart and never came back again.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:34 AM

I dont think mine is a battery issue because its a new battery and I just charged it to 100% but still no Dynamic Mode.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:08 AM
Received 178 Likes on 114 Posts

If you can't get into dynamic at all then something else is wrong. I know that if you disconnect any of the damper connectors it will result in dynamic not available.

Maybe stop by a euro shop/jag dealer and see if they can pull up anything?

A regular code reader won't pull up anything but a jag specific tool should.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:24 AM

New information........ I put a scanner on the car and it says "U0001" fault which is "high speed CAN bus errors is cause the issue with the Dynamic function.

Anybody familiar with this fault code and what might be causing it?

Is the dynamic/weather switch on the console a "module" om he CAN bus?