Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno video of tuned F Type SVR

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 11:29 AM
Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Dyno video of tuned F Type SVR

Hi Guys,
Interesting video by VIEZU as they tune a convertible SVR sports car. 670 hp result.

The following users liked this post:
bcbruno (02-28-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Thanks for sharing Turko!

I don't think I would let them touch my car though. Interesting that they only show the Dyno results at an angle, hard to see...And wondering why the TQ/HP are not intersecting at 5250 RPM????...At least from what I can see at the odd angle.

I have never seen anyone post any results or experience from these guys...Except VIEZU themselves.(I could be wrong...Just have not seen it). When I was looking to create a Water/Methanol install, I saw they had a kit. I reached out to them, and they could not answer any questions, and the install they shared looked like a hack job...I would be embarrassed to put that on my car.

Curious if anyone on here has any first hand experience with this company...Good or Bad? Looking to hear from anyone BUT the VIEZU folks/staff/owner.

Nothing against you posting Turko...Just interested to see if anyone has any experience with them?

DC

Old 02-27-2022, 02:56 PM
Default Yes, I agree ...

Quote;. Nothing against you posting Turko...Just interested to see if anyone has any experience with them? End Quote.

Good question ....
is there anyone here having VIEZU product.
They give the impression they are a major player/provider for tuning services.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:06 PM
Received 246 Likes on 130 Posts

There is a man in the UK who has posted a number of videos on his dealings with Viezu. His address is Racer 69. He has also posted an interesting video on Mina Gallery which you can view here.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:06 PM
Default Good video George .....

I personally never believed in the Mina Gallery CAI setup. And I am someone who has little automotive background/knowledge other than very basic auto skills. The fact that the system is made out of some type of aluminum alloy told me to stay away because it would immediately soak up the heat under the hood.. The only one I thought worthy of doing is the EVENTURI carbon fiber CAI. Carbon fiber is better to resistant heat soak compared to the metal alloy setup.

On a side note, the laws in the UK are very different than here in the United States when it comes to anabolic steroids. In the UK it's illegal to sell distribute antibiotic steroids. But it's not illegal to use them. This guy is definitely on the juice. He appears to be on D-Bol and Test Enanthate. Doing juice is very popular in the UK.

Last edited by Turko; 02-27-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Default EVENTURI ......

Here's the video for the company. I have their cold air intake system in my 2017 Jaguar F Type R.

Id really like to get, Therock88 opinion/impressions after viewing this video, since he has a lot of knowledge in my opinion.

Last edited by Turko; 02-27-2022 at 07:44 PM.
JgaXkr (02-28-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

It's hard to give a lot of credit to a single dyno. I've see a lot of correction errors with dyno operators. Quick example, on the 4C forums there was a group buy for an ECU tune. Someone ran their car on a dyno after the ECU swap and had a graph of a little over 400hp. No darn way that was correct. I'm not saying the video is incorrect, but there is a lot of room for error and randomness with a single dyno run. Seeing an independent dyno would be a good confirmation.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mahjik:
JagRag (02-28-2022), Nodnarb (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 05:59 AM
Received 340 Likes on 190 Posts

It's a XJ, but still the same engine
Dual pulley, decat, x-pipe and CAI
682hp@6500rpm/850Nm tuned. Same day, 30min later, flashed a stock tune (the car was still sitting on a dyno) and measured 496hp/650Nm (means dyno is pretty accurate)
This is a 6hp, so it was a torque limiter and RPM limiter, now there's not so this spring im going to 700+Hp/900+Nm
The dyno was independent, they didn't flash/tune this car, so they were not intrested in getting any kind of big numbers/cheating.

u102768 (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 06:22 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

Eventuri no longer makes the CAI for the F-Type and any inventory that existed, is long been sold. Maybe on the used market in the future. As for Viezu, I have not had dealings with them, but know someone else who did and now runs a Velocity AP tune, if that tells you anything.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:30 AM
Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by skizot
Eventuri no longer makes the CAI for the F-Type and any inventory that existed, is long been sold. Maybe on the used market in the future. As for Viezu, I have not had dealings with them, but know someone else who did and now runs a Velocity AP tune, if that tells you anything.
Very interesting on your two points.
One, The guy switched from a VIEZU tune over to the VAP tune.
Two, EVENTURI no longer makes the CAI for the Jaguar F-Type R sports car. I'm glad I got mine while they made the product for the F Type R. For anyone interested, maybe they'll make it, on a per request basis.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:40 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersprint Sport Exhausts
Very interesting on your two points.
One, The guy switched from a VIEZU tune over to the VAP tune.
Two, EVENTURI no longer makes the CAI for the Jaguar F-Type R sports car. I'm glad I got mine while they made the product for the F Type R. For anyone interested, maybe they'll make it, on a per request basis.
I’ve asked Eventuri about this in the past. They’ve declined. The market was just not big enough for them to continue to make them. Plus outside the noise increase there were no other performance benefits. If anything the open cone filters cause the MAF sensor to fail prematurely due to excessive dirt and caused a loss of HP in some cases.

The person who switched over to VAP is a member here but not my story to tell. I’ll share the thread in case he’s interested.

Turko (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 07:09 AM
Default Thanks for the info Skizot

VAP seems to be The leader of software tuning for the Jaguar F-Type R

Old 02-28-2022, 08:37 AM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by skizot
I’ve asked Eventuri about this in the past. They’ve declined. The market was just not big enough for them to continue to make them. Plus outside the noise increase there were no other performance benefits. If anything the open cone filters cause the MAF sensor to fail prematurely due to excessive dirt and caused a loss of HP in some cases.

The person who switched over to VAP is a member here but not my story to tell. I’ll share the thread in case he’s interested.
I originally had run a Viezu tune with a lower pulley swap. Worked fine for the time being. However, when I swapped to a smaller upper S/C pulley I began to have issues with the boost bypass valve opening up 100% when WOT in 3rd - 4th gear. I reached out a number of times to Viezu to see if they could rectify the issue to no avail. They eventually stopped responding to my emails so I said to myself, screw it, and reached out to VAP to see if they had heard of anything similar. Long story short, I bought the VAP tune and also their data logger to dial everything in and all was well.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper
It's a XJ, but still the same engine
Dual pulley, decat, x-pipe and CAI
682hp@6500rpm/850Nm tuned. Same day, 30min later, flashed a stock tune (the car was still sitting on a dyno) and measured 496hp/650Nm (means dyno is pretty accurate)
This is a 6hp, so it was a torque limiter and RPM limiter, now there's not so this spring im going to 700+Hp/900+Nm
The dyno was independent, they didn't flash/tune this car, so they were not intrested in getting any kind of big numbers/cheating.

Is the Transmission Built/Upgraded? Not sure which car you are referencing, but if you have a ZF8HP70, and you run 900 nm...They are rated at 700 max...Goodbye tranny.

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 02-28-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:05 AM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I believe the 8HP70 700NM rating is for continuous torque for 6 seconds or something like that. The BMW guys have been pushing the trans to 900 and above for a while and the trans seems to take the abuse. I'll have to look for the thread over on the bimmer forums but I recall seeing something about ZF rating the trans ratings on the low side for warranty and liability reasons, much like Jag configures and tunes the 5.0 to 550HP rather than the 650 that a few of us modders have done.

Old 02-28-2022, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Is the Transmission Built/Upgraded? Not sure which car you are referencing, but if you have a ZF8HP70, and you run 900 nm...They are rated at 700 max...Goodbye tranny.

DC
It's 6hp28, just remapped, hardware is stock. Handles the torque pretty good.
8hp70 can withstand a lot of torque too, ive made a few L405/L494 with 900+ Nm, no issues so far (and since the weight is bigger the transmission gets more abuse than in f-type).

Old 02-28-2022, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

It's 6hp28, just remapped, hardware is stock. Handles the torque pretty good.
8hp70 can withstand a lot of torque too, ive made a few L405/L494 with 900+ Nm, no issues so far (and since the weight is bigger the transmission gets more abuse than in f-type).
I did not understand your original message...It said "6hp" and I was trying to figure out what had 6 horsepower (hp)? Now I see you were indicating which transmission you had.

And I am not suggesting anything will blow right at the rated limit....Just saying, if ZF rates them at 700 and you run 900 (almost 30% over the rating), it is more like to break, or shorten the life. I usually go over the limits, but try not to exceed it by that much...Or plan to spend the money if/when it grenades.

Good luck.

Still have not seen much on the VIEZU work?? And hard to tell if that is what you were referring to?

DC

Old 02-28-2022, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Turko
Here's the video for the company. I have their cold air intake system in my 2017 Jaguar F Type R.

https://youtu.be/7w0tJJa7_bc

Id really like to get, Therock88 opinion/impressions after viewing this video, since he has a lot of knowledge in my opinion.
Hi There...I am no expert, but here is how I classify intakes - they USUALLY do not hurt, and they mainly help with sound. The oiled/reusable filters many come with almost always end up killing or degrading the MAF's.

The Eventuris look like quality products, but given they are hidden, seems like a lot to pay for CF IMO. As far as the heat soak, and materials...Based on ~305 CI displacement and a 6800 RPM Redline at WOT, we are moving about ~ 600 CFM +/- of air through the intakes...So the air is not in the "pipes" long enough to soak up heat. It may vary a degree or two, but nothing significant. Obviously if you let an engine sit and idle and touch a metal intake that is near a bunch of hot items, (like the ******** in the video), it is going to burn you...duh But when you are driving, you have airflow there as well as air moving very fast through the intake.
(Think about tapping your finger on a hot surface - it does not burn you instantly). Also, there are other mitigating factors....Like the Intercoolers/CACs...They cool the air before it goes into the cylinders. If you do something like add Water/Methanol to the mix, you can drop IAT's by ~100 F...So the 1 - 2 degrees "heat soak" is moot - IMO.

These are my opinions, and I am sure someone who is an expert (or someone who thinks they are) will refute it, so take it at face value, and do what works for you...

But to your question on the Eventuri ...Very Expensive, Very High Quality, Likely adds SC sound/whine, doubt it adds or subtracts any real HP (Rarely is the intake system the restricting source of the engine)

DC

Old 02-28-2022, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
I did not understand your original message...It said "6hp" and I was trying to figure out what had 6 horsepower (hp)? Now I see you were indicating which transmission you had.

And I am not suggesting anything will blow right at the rated limit....Just saying, if ZF rates them at 700 and you run 900 (almost 30% over the rating), it is more like to break, or shorten the life. I usually go over the limits, but try not to exceed it by that much...Or plan to spend the money if/when it grenades.

Good luck.

Still have not seen much on the VIEZU work?? And hard to tell if that is what you were referring to?

DC
Well, there's a Ford 6R80, mechanically it's identical to 6hp26, and it's proven to handle over 1000Nm. Anyway, i've made more than 80000km with this power level and there's still no issues And it's easy and cheap to rebuild this transmission (OR ill swap it to 8hp, but i don't like the 8hp itself).
And the funny thing is that this trans handles the power/weight of the L322 Range Rover ultimate edition that runs 4.26 0-100kmh (still a lot of wheelspin tho)
It's not about VIEZU, it's all about that this power levels are quite reachable for a 5.0SC AJ133 engine.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member

Well, there's a Ford 6R80, mechanically it's identical to 6hp26, and it's proven to handle over 1000Nm. Anyway, i've made more than 80000km with this power level and there's still no issues And it's easy and cheap to rebuild this transmission (OR ill swap it to 8hp, but i don't like the 8hp itself).
And the funny thing is that this trans handles the power/weight of the L322 Range Rover ultimate edition that runs 4.26 0-100kmh (still a lot of wheelspin tho)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKEoEioFEFk
It's not about VIEZU, it's all about that this power levels are quite reachable for a 5.0SC AJ133 engine.
👌 When I heard her say "SIXTY" at 1.82 seconds in the video, I was damned impressed as I thought it was 60 MPH...Then I saw it was 60 Ft

Thanks for sharing. And good to know these transmissions are robust and have been tested. I have a TCU tuned 10R80 in my Ford Raptor and seems to handle over 600 HP in a 6200 Lb. beast pretty well too.

DC

Quick Reply: Dyno video of tuned F Type SVR