Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy ECO Mode disable - Applicable to 2014-15 cars WITH 2nd battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015 | 10:44 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The U.S. is a republic, not a democracy. A bunch of usually poorly informed and conflicted politicians have spoken. (though, energy conservation is indeed a noble cause)
I never said otherwise, but a republic is based upon democratic principles, thus democracy speaks in a republic. And those poorly informed and conflicted politicians were elected by poorly informed and conflicted citizen/voters, thus we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Old 08-27-2015 | 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
I never said otherwise, but a republic is based upon democratic principles, thus democracy speaks in a republic. And those poorly informed and conflicted politicians were elected by poorly informed and conflicted citizen/voters, thus we have no one to blame but ourselves.
I didn't vote for any of the ones currently in office. I've met quite a few state representatives and local politicos of late. We could do much, much better in selecting our proxies. At least at the state level, politics is a very dirty business.

Old 08-28-2015 | 05:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The U.S. is a republic, not a democracy. A bunch of usually poorly informed and conflicted politicians have spoken. (though, energy conservation is indeed a noble cause)
Speaking as someone who is a citizen of a Theocracy that operates a system of of Representative Democracy as its form of government, it may be that current U.S.-specific politics is causing some confusion.

For reference, the U.S. is a Republic that also operates a system of Representative Democracy as its form of government. Obviously, using the "D" word may cause some U.S. forum members difficulty, but that's an interpretation of generally used terminology based on current U.S. political rhetoric.

But, to return to the topic of this thread, it's worth noting that you have been provided with the choice to disable ECO mode, rather than being stuck with it due to regulations. You have even been given more than one way to disable it using the vehicle's controls, before you start to disconnect anything, or make changes to the car's basic settings.

HTH...