F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay carbon fiber mirror caps

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 04:04 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default eBay carbon fiber mirror caps

Usually I知 not the one to purchase stick on carbon fiber parts but I知 struggling to fork over almost $1000 for oem carbon mirror caps.

anyone have experience with the sub $100 stick on ones from eBay?

if I remember correctly I saw a thread where a member bought them and said they fit and were made very well

if anyone has any input or pictures, let痴 hear it!

Old 07-21-2020, 04:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought a pair of carbon fiber mirror caps for the F-Type. They didn't fit and neither eBay or PayPal would refund the money. I was required to ship to China although it shipped to me from US. After shipping if I was lucky I would have received $10-15 after cost and refund. The seller offered to give me a $20 discount to keep although they didn't fit. At the end, I was out of all the money as seller didn't credit any money back and eBay and PayPal failed me.

Old 07-21-2020, 06:18 PM
Received 174 Likes on 79 Posts
Old 07-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
Here's some mirror caps for F-Types on Amazon. For $112.00 it's worth a try. If they don't work is an easy no hassle Amazon return...

https://www.amazon.com/MCARCAR-KIT-2...omotive&sr=1-3

Looks like they are shipped from China and not PRIME. The return is up to the vendor and would have to return ship to China. No way if not PRIME.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
Usually I知 not the one to purchase stick on carbon fiber parts but I知 struggling to fork over almost $1000 for oem carbon mirror caps.

anyone have experience with the sub $100 stick on ones from eBay?

if I remember correctly I saw a thread where a member bought them and said they fit and were made very well

if anyone has any input or pictures, let痴 hear it!
I had great luck with Ebay UK. I was able to source new hood vents, side bonnet trims & mirror covers all for around $1000. Here is someone selling mirror caps.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-F-...UAAOSwy1VZsquL

Old 07-22-2020, 02:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I have a couple from china that we use for dip. I ended getting some from Mina that have worked great, bought a few other pieces and still look great after 3 years. Don't know if they still have them, they were made in Germany.

Old 07-22-2020, 04:51 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Koshi Group has real carbon fiber mirror caps for $289 Euro.
https://www.koshigroup.com/product/j...r-mirror-caps/

Old 07-22-2020, 06:30 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Not wanting to speak for the OP, but the latter options presented, while seemingly nice products, appear to be exactly what he was trying to avoid. I would also agree, I did a build out on koshi and it was just over $6200 plus $650 for shipping. Apparently nice stuff, but I also saw a video where an installer was using epoxy from a caulking gun to adhere the carbon fiber pieces to the car - I've been around the aftermarket world for a few minutes and I'm not down with anything that gets epoxied the car. I have actually been doing quite a bit of research on Vivid vinyl. While not as awesome as custom carbon pieces, I can probably do what I want for $500 (including interior), and take it off if I don't like it or get bored.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:20 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. This just solidified my opinion on stick on carbon fiber. I値l keep my eyes out on eBay.

anyone have experience with Koshi carbon fiber products? I致e seen their stuff and it looks great in the pictures. Some of the stuff is direct replacement, some is stick on.

I was looking at their carbon wing.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:25 PM
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

The stick on stuff just screams tacky to me, and like you, I couldn't stomach thousands for oem replacements.

If I was dead set on carbon trim, I'd consider wrapping the pieces. A good shop could get it done for a couple hundred I'd imagine.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hell Cat
The stick on stuff just screams tacky to me, and like you, I couldn't stomach thousands for oem replacements.

If I was dead set on carbon trim, I'd consider wrapping the pieces. A good shop could get it done for a couple hundred I'd imagine.
Agreed, the koshi pieces seems nice, but I question the real value to me over time - I would love it for a month or two and then likely wish I used to money towards something far more useful. That said, a couple hundred to wrap is a bit light unless you're only talking about mirrors.I am making preparations for doing a number of exterior and interior pieces and the materials alone will be in the $550 range, plus I am picking up some specialty tools for seems etc. which adds another $75 - fortunately I already have plenty of mechanic's and trim removal tools as well as a couple heat guns and a great garage/shop to perform the work. I haven't pursued a quote but I have watched enough videos to know that the pros can take an hour to do a valence so I can't see getting much done for less than $500 - likely closer to $1500-$1800 for a lot of trim and interior work.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 255 Posts

You can purchase nondescript caps and for a "fraction" of the that "Kilo", have them hydrographic printed.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 PM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

You can get the mirrors wrapped in gloss carbon fiber vinyl, cheapest and easiest option

Old 07-25-2020, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
You can get the mirrors wrapped in gloss carbon fiber vinyl, cheapest and easiest option
That was my plan as well; however, after buying pieces of multiple VViVID Products (supposed to be the best) and numerous other 5, 6, and 7D products they just don’t compare to the real thing. Actually 5D was the most realistic. Maybe on some colors they would be okay, but I have Carbon blade wheels, real carbon tailpipes, and plate frame on a silver car and I am likely going to order a few koshi pieces to match (power vents, taillight frames, front spats, mirror caps, front center lip and some interior pieces). The real carbon fiber has more black in it which goes better with the black pack and the silver exterior - the wraps try to simulate depth and dimension with grey and silver but they are lacking. I’m planning to do my P7 grill in gloss black so I wrapped the bottom and spats in vinyl to get an idea if it will work and it looks pretty good - will look even better with the real stuff and the there is a lot of black trim and the windows and tails are blacked out. I would be happy to save a few bucks on mirror caps or power vent covers because koshi is not cheap so if anyone has feedback on those items from one of the eBay sellers, I would appreciate it.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 11:07 AM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by gg2684
That was my plan as well; however, after buying pieces of multiple VViVID Products (supposed to be the best) and numerous other 5, 6, and 7D products they just don稚 compare to the real thing. Actually 5D was the most realistic. Maybe on some colors they would be okay, but I have Carbon blade wheels, real carbon tailpipes, and plate frame on a silver car and I am likely going to order a few koshi pieces to match (power vents, taillight frames, front spats, mirror caps, front center lip and some interior pieces). The real carbon fiber has more black in it which goes better with the black pack and the silver exterior - the wraps try to simulate depth and dimension with grey and silver but they are lacking. I知 planning to do my P7 grill in gloss black so I wrapped the bottom and spats in vinyl to get an idea if it will work and it looks pretty good - will look even better with the real stuff and the there is a lot of black trim and the windows and tails are blacked out. I would be happy to save a few bucks on mirror caps or power vent covers because koshi is not cheap so if anyone has feedback on those items from one of the eBay sellers, I would appreciate it.
Agree, the vinyl will not be able to match the exact weave or the depth of color of real CF. Especially since you have real CF on the car already, you can easily see the difference between the vinyl and the real thing. I was not able to find these for the F-Type, but eBay has replacement CF covers for other Jag models. These will look a lot better than the stick-on ones IMO: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Jaguar-...Cclp%3A2334524