Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts
Default EBC brake pads

For those interested in a low dust brake pad...

I contacted the master mechanic at my Jaguar dealer for his opinion regarding low dust pads and he told me that some customers have come in with EBC 'green' pads, but not on any F types. They had XF's for instance and he says they reported back positive results with reduced dust. The green pads are a 'medium' dust according to the EBC website.

After reviewing the EBC website, it seems the 'Red' pads are the lowest dust, although they are ceramic. I contacted EBC brake shop in the U.K. to ask about availability for F-type R (as local shops say not available and don't know when they will be) and this was the reply.

"Thank-you for your email I have had a look at EBC allocated part numbers for these pads in Red and Yellow, but they are not yet available and I don't think they will be for some time as there is nothing on their stock system yet to even show that as a work in progress.
So, towards the end of this year they should be ready." ??

I've been contemplating switching out the pads on my car to avoid the dust, although it has not been a massive issue as I just wash the wheels more often, however it is a convenience issue.

Lawrence.

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks Lawrence. Let us know if things change.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Lawrence,

Thanks for taking the initiative. It appeared to me that the red ones were the way to go, as well, and I assumed they weren't yet available either.

Please keep us informed if you hear anything, and I will do the same.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Things may have changed, but several years ago, I ran EBC reds on my Viper. They're great pads once they get a little heat in them but since they are a more aggressive pad, keep in mind that they do need that little bit of heat before they really start working to their max. I did used them because of performance, not reduced brake pad dust, and for that purpose they were good. Not sure that I recall the difference in brake dust between the reds and the stock Viper pads being enough to be worth switching just for that reason, however.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by myidsucks
Things may have changed, but several years ago, I ran EBC reds on my Viper. They're great pads once they get a little heat in them but since they are a more aggressive pad, keep in mind that they do need that little bit of heat before they really start working to their max. I did used them because of performance, not reduced brake pad dust, and for that purpose they were good. Not sure that I recall the difference in brake dust between the reds and the stock Viper pads being enough to be worth switching just for that reason, however.
I did speak with a local supplier who told me the 'new' reds are practically dustless and a real improvement over the older variant.. he did say that he thought the new ones came out 4 or so years ago. ?
Lawrence

Old 03-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I did speak with a local supplier who told me the 'new' reds are practically dustless and a real improvement over the older variant.. he did say that he thought the new ones came out 4 or so years ago. ?
Lawrence

Then the new version came out since I last used EBC reds.