F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eco mode - default to off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
That does not include the 2015 f type coupes, unless that is going to be a mid-year change.
I have a 2015 f type coupe. I gave the service guy my vin # and he told me that he contacted jlr and that's what they said.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
My 2015 model F type R does disable eco when I switch to dynamic.
Lawrence
you are lucky. mine does not. wish I knew a fix.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
My f type r coupe disables eco mode for six hours when dynamic mode is activated. So, if I start the vehicle a couple of times during the day, one disable switch in the morning is all I need for the entire day.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

My f type r coupe disables eco mode for six hours when dynamic mode is activated. So, if I start the vehicle a couple of times during the day, one disable switch in the morning is all I need for the entire day.
Right, same in my '14 base. He's saying that in his '15, which may be a later production car, switching to dynamic mode never turns it off if I understand what he's trying to say correctly.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Right, same in my '14 base. He's saying that in his '15, which may be a later production car, switching to dynamic mode never turns it off if I understand what he's trying to say correctly.
That's a shame .......

Old 11-09-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
that is correct

Old 11-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Yes, this is same with mine. When I switch to dynamic the eco disables and it stays that way as above. Once it reverts back to 'normal' mode, the eco is re-engaged. MIne is an early 2015 model
Lawrence

Old 12-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dealer Disabled Eco-Mode on my XF

Hi, I know what you guys are talking about the F-Type, but I wanted you to know that my Jaguar dealer was able to permanently disable the ECO mode on my 2014 XF.

Maybe some new software of something has come out for the F-Type also ....

Good luck.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tapau
Hi, I know what you guys are talking about the F-Type, but I wanted you to know that my Jaguar dealer was able to permanently disable the ECO mode on my 2014 XF.

Maybe some new software of something has come out for the F-Type also ....

Good luck.
I just spoke to my contact at the dealer and he wasn't aware of this possibility. Any way you can get us some more info?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member

To disable, just remove the negative lead from the small battery in the trunk and tape it off. The eco will be disabled.
Lawrence.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:34 AM

To disable, just remove the negative lead from the small battery in the trunk and tape it off. The eco will be disabled.
Lawrence.
Thanks Lawrence.
I'm a bit apprehensive about messing with anything electrical. Any idea if there are any side affects to unplugging this battery?

Old 12-08-2014, 04:59 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
I am scheduled to pick up my 2015 R within the next week (hopefully). If ECO stop is not automatically turned off in dynamic mode is there a separate button to disable it? I have not seen a new car where you cannot turn off ECO stop.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hardwired
Thanks Lawrence.
I'm a bit apprehensive about messing with anything electrical. Any idea if there are any side affects to unplugging this battery?
My Jaguar mechanic told me this, at least for my model year R. I saw a post that showed a picture of someone that had done this, not sure how easy it would be to find the post. I have not bothered to do it yet, as on my car it turns off with a button or when in dynamic mode.. although I plan to do it next spring.

The small battery would simply not charge once the lead is off.

Someone on the XJ. or XF forum bought a used car that had sat on the lot and wondered why the eco system did not work (he actually wanted it to) and found that after driving it for a few days it started to work again because the small battery got charged back up.

I'm not aware of any unintended consequence to doing this.

Lawrence.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
I am scheduled to pick up my 2015 R within the next week (hopefully). If ECO stop is not automatically turned off in dynamic mode is there a separate button to disable it? I have not seen a new car where you cannot turn off ECO stop.
Yes, there is button that turns it off, unless they've removed that too in the 15s.

Another way to stop it is to enable the paddles to work (under vehicle setup in the menu) in either automatic or sport mode. A simple downshift with the paddles when coming to a stop (even when in automatic) will disable eco-mode. When you start again, you will have to upshift a couple of gears, and it will revert back to automatic. Downshifting when stopping also certainly cuts down on brake dust.

The truth is, however, I almost never drive in automatic, using sport mode (shifter pulled to left), with either dynamic or regular settings. Unless they've changed that too on the 15's, in sport mode it's always disabled.

Lastly, if you don't want to do any of the above, and drive it in automatic, it really isn't a big deal and is pretty seamless. Re-start is instant and quicker than you can get your foot back on the throttle.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member

Look up thread.. "complaint about new F type" 7/16/14 and on page 5 you will see pictures and explanation.
Lawrence.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Look up thread.. "complaint about new F type" 7/16/14 and on page 5 you will see pictures and explanation.
Lawrence.
Thanks!

Old 02-05-2020, 01:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

New to the forum and I just found this thread. Anyone know of any updates to this?

Thanks!

Old 02-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by EasyEd
New to the forum and I just found this thread. Anyone know of any updates to this?
Thanks!
It's still the method of choice to disconnect the small battery's negative lead to the trunk floor and tape or zip tie it away.

The following users liked this post:
EasyEd (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
It's still the method of choice to disconnect the small battery's negative lead to the trunk floor and tape or zip tie it away.
Unless the car is 2016 or newer. Then there is simply one plug to be disconnected.

The following users liked this post:
EasyEd (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 02:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, but with later cars with no second battery the way to go should be to disconnect the small plug on the battery management box in the trunk. There are some descriptions in the forum and it is not only for F-Type. I didn't pull it yet because I want to take the time to be sure that no errors are created. I would really prefer a simpler way. I was beginning not to like this already on my Touran, shutting down the motor every time before my garage door during opening. Just silly. For VW cars you find modules on the market and such module I build inside, it remebers just the last choice and bring it back after every restar, perfect. But for Jaguar and specially F-Type you dont find. So pulling the plug should be an option.

Quick Reply: eco mode - default to off?