Sponsored by:

Electric Future: All Current Jaguar Models Dead by 2025

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Electric Future: All Current Jaguar Models Dead by 2025

Well, here we are......... "

Jaguar is betting its future on an exclusive battery-electric platform. At this point, where it’ll come from is unclear.

This article in Jaguar Forums...... by the President of Jaguar France......

Well.... I for many.... will keep my F-Type Base Convertible is mine to keep and protect..... having grown up with Jaguar starting in 1959 to present I will never
waiver from the Badge .
Question: Where will all this nutty Electric platform end..... Question. has no one heard of Blue E Fuel ???? It is a current joint venter with Porsche/Shell...
and creates Zero harmful emissions.... and is readily accessible to your current fuel stations..... without the need to spend Zillions of Dollars $ xx,000,000,000,000.00
for to only overload current and future electrical grids...... nuts.....
Small steps are best as to selected key areas and markets...... ~~~~~~. who will lead the Ships...... ????

Old 12-05-2021, 07:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by adsjag2016*
Well, here we are......... "

Jaguar is betting its future on an exclusive battery-electric platform. At this point, where it’ll come from is unclear.

This article in Jaguar Forums...... by the President of Jaguar France......

Well.... I for many.... will keep my F-Type Base Convertible is mine to keep and protect..... having grown up with Jaguar starting in 1959 to present I will never
waiver from the Badge .
Question: Where will all this nutty Electric platform end..... Question. has no one heard of Blue E Fuel ???? It is a current joint venter with Porsche/Shell...
and creates Zero harmful emissions.... and is readily accessible to your current fuel stations..... without the need to spend Zillions of Dollars $ xx,000,000,000,000.00
for to only overload current and future electrical grids...... nuts.....
Small steps are best as to selected key areas and markets...... ~~~~~~. who will lead the Ships...... ????
Totally agree with you. They are putting the cart way before the horse and we're either going to have huge problems or they'll just have to keep pushing these dates back. It just isn't possible to have all manufacturers switch to electric.

Old 12-06-2021, 12:34 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts

It will be interesting, and probably pretty painful, to see how this will resolve. With the extremely high fuel costs homes where I live are converting to electric but many aren't yet going solar and solar storage isn't where it needs to be yet (the Tesla home batteries are massively backordered). We've lost hydro electric power due to the drought and we already have my electric and two plug-in hybrids (one mine as well) on our local transformer. Fortunately three of the homes are solar, unfortunately none have the batteries and you typically charge at night. One or two more electrics and I expect our transformer will fail catastrophically (we've had several explode near me and it sounds like a bomb going off). Finally, battery technology isn't where we need it to be and one of the largest nickel mines in the world is in the rain forest and they need to expand massively, killing the rain forest to make electric cars is very much counter strategic to global warming. On the positive side we do appear to be far closer to far better batteries now than we were last decade with some actual light at the end of the tunnel and should have at least the energy storage problem sorted by 2030. On the green fuel comment, the issue appears to be that these greener fuels are coming up outside of the existing petrochemical companies who, instead of embracing and promoting them, are acting like the beef industry is with artificial meat and fighting them. It is like watching a train wreck in slow motion and I love electrics and would be OK with a green fuel alternative. The governments seem to be going about this backwards, we need to fix the grid, get better batteries and put in a crap ton (technical term) of renewable generation and then push the car companies to go electric. My only hope is that I'll have my Tesla batteries in before our Transformer nukes, it's not looking good as my installation is out until at least summer. It would have made far more sense to go with plug in hybrids as a bridge technology at this time and push off the full electric conversion out until there was more well thought through conversion. Our plug in hybrid Volvo is both supercharged and turbo charged, has enough electric range to do most of what we need to do, and has 545 miles of total range for when we need gas, and the combined horsepower at 435 (with Volvo authorized tune) makes it nearly as quick as my electric Jaguar where I need it (passing). We got it last year and are on our 4th tank of gas since purchase. So you get the vroom when you need it, and the economy of an electric when you don't. As a side note, the Volvo is my wife's car and before test driving it she told me she wouldn't be caught dead in a Volvo (our F-Type is really her sports car as I have my XKE) but she loves the car now, go figure...

The following users liked this post:
DJS (12-06-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 01:11 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Maybe I'm too optimistic. Jaguar has announced all new models starting in 2025 will be electric. Does this mean the current models they have will no longer be produced after 2025? Doubtful IMO. As with anything there has to be a transition. Four years doesn't seem like enough time to make the transition. I believe Jaguar will still produce their current line of ICE in and for sometime after 2025. The future of ICE is dying, but won't be dead in 2025. I know it's hard to accept and many are refusing, but seriously, do you think there will be enough oil left in 50-100 years? Nevermind the environmental aspects for the sake of supply and demand.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:05 AM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Everything I have read about the new "Blue" fuels indicates that it really isn't much better than petrol/gas and may actually be more expensive with only 10% less CO2 emissions. And that's "after" combustion...but the process of "making" the fuel involves electolysis which requires a tremendous amount of electricity...which has to be produced somehow. Unless I'm missing something, I am not sure this is much of a silver bullet. But, don't get me wrong, I absolutely abhor the idea of moving away of internal combustion, in fact, I would sign up right now for a SC V12 powered XJL or F-Type if they could make it fit.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:24 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Perhaps Jaguar needs to consider the fact that if you don't sell any cars, it doesn't matter what powers them.

NavyBlue (12-14-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,634 Likes on 8,309 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Jayt2:
NavyBlue (12-14-2021), soaringeaglers (04-06-2022)
Old 12-07-2021, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,634 Likes on 8,309 Posts

There may be other studies that would show similarities in performance.

http://www.greencars.com/post/how-co...-electric-cars

Old 12-08-2021, 03:41 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Apart from "electic" and that ghastly misplaced apostrophe ("its" only needs an apostrophe if it's (see what I did there?) a contraction of "it is"), sitting in a traffic queue in an ICE vehicle is still using fuel to keep you warm, and that fuel doesn't last forever, either.

Old 12-08-2021, 12:35 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Fools. No more Jags for me then.

Old 12-08-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 19FRG
Fools. No more Jags for me then.
Hi, Well my take is..... wait and see, and do Keep your favorite Cat, and it will gain in value !

And..... do look for a Blue E Fuel outlet near you..... I found 4 here in Denver.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The only way I can see this happening by 2025 is if they go full blown body builder. Buy the "Skateboards" from someone else and just plop a body on them. Seems like they will be WAY behind on the skateboard build. Unless the advantage of waiting was to see what everyone else came up with and then copy the best one. Electric is inevitable, but it seems the grid and economy are a long way from being ready for it. CA has rolling blackouts in the summer, with their environmental restrictions increases in capacity is highly unlikely,

Old 12-09-2021, 02:29 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

As I understand it, Jaguar has been working on a flexible platform as the basis for all their new models, which is why they dropped the new XJ as it wasn't compatible with that new platform. Seems the I-Pace was a one-off development to dip their toe in the water and the next generation will be all new. And built in the UK, among other places.

Old 12-09-2021, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

I am hoping for success but I don't see myself as a likely owner of an electric Jag. Even if I could get remotely interested in buying an electric car for myself (I think they are awesome for everyone else, but the absence of gears and noise is really a deal breaker for me), on my understanding Jag are aiming at a higher market so more $$. Really I am not about to pay a lot more dollars for a car I am not excited by, when I am forced to change I'd rather drop a level and maybe go polestar, returning to my humble volvo beginnings.

At least all of this is leading to the death of the diesel passenger car, a pox on mankind if there ever was one.

scm (12-09-2021)
Old 12-09-2021, 08:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I am hoping for success but I don't see myself as a likely owner of an electric Jag. Even if I could get remotely interested in buying an electric car for myself (I think they are awesome for everyone else, but the absence of gears and noise is really a deal breaker for me), on my understanding Jag are aiming at a higher market so more $$. Really I am not about to pay a lot more dollars for a car I am not excited by, when I am forced to change I'd rather drop a level and maybe go polestar, returning to my humble volvo beginnings.

At least all of this is leading to the death of the diesel passenger car, a pox on mankind if there ever was one.
I get what your saying. I personally do not believe EVs are the way forward, but then again I would have been the guy that bought stock in Betamax. It’s not necessarily the best technology that wins. Usually it’s other external factors that determines the path we take. Battery technology is woefully inefficient and a little dangerous to be honest. But public and political opinion seems to be forcing us into a BEV future.

Battery technology has improved over the last few years but it seems the Holy Grail of solid state batteries is about as far fetched as nuclear fusion these days. It was only a couple of years ago that every man and his dog were right on the cusp of a paradigm shift in technology. What happened to that? BS, that’s what.

The only EV car company right now that is making the technology feasible is Lucid right now. It seems they have really nailed it in terms of drivetrain and motor efficiency given current technology.

Sadly I don’t think JLR have the recourses to compete in this market—as good as the I-Pace is. Perhaps this is why they are collaborating with BMW on EV powertrains.

My wife’s F-type is due in January. It may be the last Jag we buy unfortunately. I do hope that’s not the case.

Btw, I think Polestar is about as exciting as a wet weekend in Skegness, so give me a Jag EV! 😄

BruceTheQuail (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Hahaha, yeah I agree that it isnt an exciting car but I had several volvos including some upspec ones, the quality is good and they are solid cars. Personally I wont be buying an electric car for excitement. Buying an an electric performance car over ICE is like knocking back your missus in lingerie to go and **** in the toilet - sure you get to the finish line faster but you miss a lot of fun along the way. if electric is the only option, it doesnt make it any more fulfilling.

When I get to the point in my life where electric is my only choice (I think that will be maybe 5 or 6 years away) i think i'll have to get my car jollies some other way.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:14 PM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

We will figure the grid out, think about how far and fast we have come with the grid since 1882. The whole world isn't going to go electric at once it will be a drawn out and challenging process. The EV charging business will be/is a growth business, the prospect of profit and growth will power the evolution.

Nodnarb (12-13-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 08:07 PM
Received 169 Likes on 143 Posts

I doubt that ICE will disappear anytime soon. How about those people who lives in apartments, townhouses, condos etc. where they park their cars on the street. Where will they plug in their EV to recharge? Oh, I betcha, you will see a lot of extension cords hanging on every windows, doors of every single units where they live.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:33 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
I doubt that ICE will disappear anytime soon. How about those people who lives in apartments, townhouses, condos etc. where they park their cars on the street. Where will they plug in their EV to recharge? Oh, I betcha, you will see a lot of extension cords hanging on every windows, doors of every single units where they live.
We can't let facts interfere with people's idealistic view of how they want the world to be.

The following 4 users liked this post by Jay_Davis:
Fireze22 (12-13-2021), Nodnarb (12-13-2021), Sparky H (04-07-2022), Turko (12-12-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 02:31 PM
Smile Best Gas today for your car...... Shell Premium

Greetings: I as so many of you have researched till my head hurts..... All the articles per New, Newest and soon to be confirmed....

Shell has been working as I can see... at the forefront of development, with Symens, Porsche to offer a 'Blue Fuel" emissions' free to pair with
gas fueled engines and in concert with Hybrid platforms.... see below article, one of 100's I am sure.... worthy of researching to comfort us
all per NOT going pure Electric.....

Not only are cars using blue gas easier to refuel, but they also last longer than battery-operated cars. ... However, a Tesla car with a full battery can go up to 100 miles without disturbances, on the other hand, a car running on blue gas can keep going for a bit over 300 miles on one tank of gas.Jul 22, 2020

Shell Blue Gas..... Clean and best for your car

Quick Reply: Electric Future: All Current Jaguar Models Dead by 2025