F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Bay Core Support

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Bay Core Support

Hi, it's my first time here. I don't currently own a Jaguar F type but I am looking to purchase one. I've come across a 2014 V8S that appeared to be a good deal. Italian racing red, all the options, less than 20k miles and about $10k less than Kelly Blue book. The carfax says that it was in a wreck in 2015, repaired, clean title, still has 7 months of warranty left. I talked to the used car company that currently has it for sale in another state. (They purchased it at auction and it's been in their inventory for 7 months) They told me that it ran well and there were no noticeable issues, although they did plasti-dip the wheels which I'm not a big fan of. I asked if there was any additional information about the wreck and the repair and they sent me these attachments of an inspection made by a company call Pro-View. It basically says that the engine bay core support doesn't pass inspection so the car doesn't get their Pro-View certification. So, I guess my question to those in the know is, what does that mean? I don't want to purchase a car that has big issues. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Engine Bay Core Support-image1.png   Engine Bay Core Support-image2.png   Engine Bay Core Support-image3.png  
Old 10-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Core Support

"Core Support" sure sounds very important. The report states it is a structural issue.

I suggest contacting a Jag dealer and ask them what it is.

As a rule, we usually shy away from wrecks don't we?

Good luck in your search though. These are great cars.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Received 2,679 Likes on 1,838 Posts

+1 on contacting a Jaguar agency to enquire about the core support and about looking for a vehicle that has not been in a crash.

Generally, the term 'core support' refers to the radiator core support structure. If this sustained damage, or needed to be replaced, that would be an indication of a fairly substantial crash.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I would stay away from such car. If you buy it, you won't ever be able to sell it (who wants 6-10 year old car with severe issues? depreciation will be 95%). If you buy it and it requires work - it will be very expensive as all aluminum body requires specialty repair shops.