F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Replaced at 32k, No Oil in New Engine at 5k

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 01:03 PM
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts

rearaxle: those of us who subscribe to the Forums do so to solicit help and advice, and/or provide advice...not to read snarky posts such as yours. BTW, "Sebastien" is MIA.

It may behoove you to not jump into the shallow end of the pool head first.

The following users liked this post:
ferrral (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Hell Cat
I'm not sure thats a fair characterization, to be honest. If warranty negotiations are currently in progress, commenting on the situation publicly is perhaps the worst course of action.
Fair enough, but why even post the thread? The OP wasn’t weighing in, they were the OP!

Either way, If someone from JLR is assigned to read the boards, that aren’t doing anything with the lessons learned so I would happily call them out, just as I did when I challenged them to address my “not-free maintenance” - they didn’t respond to literally 25 documented calls so I didn’t suspect they will contact me via the board.

If the persons a troll, I’m jealous because I wish I had that much free time. If not, I agree, this is a forum for sharing and helping - if you want to post mic-drop threads and never return, don’t bother.

Last edited by gg2684; 02-03-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
You may well be right, and I accept the implicit suggestion to be more generous. It is just that so often on this and other forums we are asked questions, we give answers, and there is no acknowledgement at all, and no final report. Both the questions and the answers are valuable learning tools for all of us, but perhaps even more valuable is that final report that tells us what worked or did not work to solve tge problem.
In this particular case a simple "thanks for the replies but..." would be welcome...I suppose that I am making a plea for courtesy in this most uncivil period - and I should have been more generous and less critical.
I never EVER post for “likes” BUT you really hit the nail on the head about the lack of courtesy! Not acknowledging a post directed at “X” is just rude. And that never sits well in my book. Well said sov211.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Yes another zombie post. It's too bad we will probably never find out what the result was.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:45 AM
Default Zombie Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Yes another zombie post. It's too bad we will probably never find out what the result was.
Don't know how to stop them. I get the feeling drivers of other brands, luxury or not, have found our Forums and are eager to see their 'posts' on the Internet. Some people have small minds and are amused by a light switch.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Best to just move in.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

+ 1

Old 12-15-2021, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A bigger issue than ever, I'm still here.

Originally Posted by sov211
Hmmm....no reaction from Sabastien to the responses above. I hope we have not been "played" with this (frankly bizarrely) worrisome story.
All, sorry for not replying, I'm not sure why I didn't get notifications that you messaged.

Literally, the car is still at Jaguar of Richmond. They say, they don't know why Jaguar is now unresponsive. With all but a week or so in between, by Jaguar F Type has been on their lot for just over a year now. At first the dealership kept saying the ticking was, I think, the fuel pump. I said I had never heard it before. Then they said maybe it was the Catalytic Converter. They tightened, it was still there. Finally, they admitted there is a tick in the engine, after I finally drove it away from the dealership enough to make the noise worse. That was March, I turned it back in.

Oil was checked regularly, on both of the engines.

The car was under warranty, the second engined was under its own warranty, yet Jaguar Corporation will not respond. And so strange that Jaguar of Richmond is not questioning Jaguar Corp of why it is still there.

In April or May someone in Corporate Customer Service took my call and said he would get right back with me. Nothing, to this date.

My lawyer sent a first letter, maybe Customer Service, nothing.
He sent another to their legal department, nothing.
His assistant called and they said the ticket showed as closed out, with still no response from their legal department.
One could probably guess next steps.

I know this all sounds so strange. It is.

I would now not buy a Jaguar or Land Rover for anything, no matter how cheap. I can only assume they know they have some major issues, and do not know how to respond. If in two of mine, what are the chances its in their other engines??

Thanks for the responses and discussion.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:31 PM

Had a problem with an Oldsmobile dealer back in the early 80s. Brakes were seizing, definitely a hydraulics issue. I was accused of riding the brakes. BS all the way.

After 3-4 visits with service manager and the owner of the dealership I called GM and was given the name of the regional manager who met me a couple of weeks later.

He drove the car, came back to the dealership and he told the owner and the service manager in no uncertain terms that they were going to replace every brake component on my car at their cost. I had kept a log of who, what when and where that he Xeroxed and sent to corporate.

In today's world social media may be helpful. I've always believed that I can start at middle management level and then escalate issues to someone who will take ownership of a problem. Good luck. Perhaps, maybe if the local dealer continues to not make this right you can sue the **** out the dealership and the owner with the proviso that they will pay for your attorney fees.