F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged Black Friday Sale- Pulley and tune only $699!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:09 AM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

I totally understand. I'm not sure why there is little to no actual and factual documentation from all the tuners. I'm baffled also. No such problem with the tuners I used for my Porsches.

However, be that as it is, there are lots of end users that will tell you the tune makes a big difference. It did in my Porsches and it did in my Jag.

Other than that, your wait for the documentation you request may be a very long time,,,,,or never. I went ahead and did it based on others that recommended it. I'm glad I did. Still, tune sales could skyrocket if the documentation was included with the advertisement.

Walt

Old 11-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by WaltB
So now the plan is to upsize the rear to 305s from 295s and go with PSS. I better tire in my opinion.
Keep in mind a wider tire will not help you gain traction as much as a taller tire will. You want to expand the contact patch longitudinally to help keep the tires from spinning. A wider tire makes the contact patch larger laterally, which is great for turning, but won't do much for preventing tire spin unless you start dropping the tire pressure below factor specs. If you're going wider just to get a more sticky compound, that may help, but wouldn't be ideal.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW that is an incredible price!!! The pulley alone sells for $100-150.

For those possibly interested I really don't think you can find a better deal from any tune vendor than this!!!

Walt
Houston office closed today. Waaaaah!

Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
So some basic info for when it comes to tuning a car....

Tuning a car is the same for all cars. It varies a bit for turbocharged vs. supercharged vs. naturally aspirated engines.. but in general, you adjust the same parameters for every engine. So a tuner who can tune one engine can tune them all (within reason). The issue from car to car is actually being able to write information to the PCM, which can be difficult or easy depending on the car. Some require a completely new program to be created, others require nothing more than an OBD cable and a free open source tuning software such as romraider. Once you've unlocked the PCM and can write to it, tuning is easy. So each tune is usually uniquely its own, but the program used to tune the vehicle is usually shared between individual tuners or corporations developing tunes for sale.
Yes, OK. I've been a software engineer for 25 years, and while not working on cars, I've written my share of very low level code so I have some idea of the issues involved.

I think we don't really have enough info to go on here. If tuners are simply modifying a few data maps in the ECU, that is one thing. If they go so far as to modify the actual program code running the car, that is another thing altogether.

As software become more and more an integral part of the operation of cars (planes, medical equipment etc etc) the potential for un-anticipated problems becomes much higher. These days the software controls far more than before (including the transmission, braking, emissions etc, etc) - eg - code in the Ftype ECU can shut the engine off altogether (ECO mode) - wouldn't want that happening due to a bug introduced elsewhere as it could have fatal consequences. I'm sure Jaguar has a massive program with regard to testing their systems of software and hardware, not so sure that 3rd party modifications are put through the same regime.

*** I guess CAVEAT EMPTOR! ***

PS There are a lot of 'experts' rooting Android phones these days. Those that actually work after the process usually have some newly introduced 'features' (bugs) that prevent some parts of the phone operating at all, operating erratically, or they reboot from time to time for unknown reasons. Not going to kill you, but the issues are broadly similar...

Old 11-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I tried to order and the coupon code doesn't work

Tried calling and the office is closed.

Maybe it's a sign...

Old 11-28-2014, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
I tried to order and the coupon code doesn't work

Tried calling and the office is closed.

Maybe it's a sign...
It's a sign alright. A sign we missed the sale.

Since it was a black Friday week sale, I figured they would be open on Friday and if no room to get it done today at least I could pay for it at the sale price.
Live and learn.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:51 PM

I think you can still get it for the sale price. Just send an email to Phil at philip@eurocharged.com
Tell him you saw the ad on the Jag forum and called on Friday but they were closed, Walt Burkett recommended them, and that you would like the sale price of $699.

Walt

The following 2 users liked this post by WaltB:
ldmack3 (11-29-2014), schraderade (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

I think you can still get it for the sale price. Just send an email to Phil at philip@eurocharged.com
Great suggestion, thanks!!!

Old 11-29-2014, 07:39 AM

Tell him you saw the ad on the Jag forum and called on Friday but they were closed, Walt Burkett recommended them, and that you would like the sale price of $699.

Walt
Thanks much!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:48 PM

Walt
He did honor it.
I am scheduled for 10:00 Wednesday at the Black Friday price.
Stage 1 per Philip will set the power on my v8S to that of the R.
Wonder what it would cost for the R upgrade? Hummmm

Old 12-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Looking forward to your assessment.

Walt

Old 12-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ldmack3
He did honor it.
I am scheduled for 10:00 Wednesday at the Black Friday price.
Stage 1 per Philip will set the power on my v8S to that of the R.
Wonder what it would cost for the R upgrade? Hummmm
Are there different stages of this tune?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Are there different stages of this tune?

From what I understood, yes. This will take me to same power/tq and the R model engines. But there are others here with much more knowledge and experience in this area than me.

A question I will ask Wednesday is:
If the V8S and R motors are the same except for tune, could you not perform the R tune on the V8S and get the same results without risking the motor? This may be a stage 2 or something like that.

HTH

Old 12-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

The two V6 and two V8 engines are reportedly identical except for their OEM tunes.

The following users liked this post:
ldmack3 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 06:19 AM

I finally got the tune but not the pulley.

They now have the puller for the 5.0 and don't have to cut the old one off. (Whew!) So I will go back for it next week. The car runs great but I've not had much chance to test it.

I still have some confusion on the different tunes. Jerry did confirm the engines in the V8S and R are mechanically the same. Only diff is the tuning. When I questioned the difference in the tunes and power increase all he would say is "you'll get all there is".

Being a technical type person I'll be picking his brain more when I go back for the pulley. But so far I'm very happy with the results.

Sale price does not include the labor but only $95 more.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

They now have the puller for the 5.0 and don't have to cut the old one off. (Whew!) So I will go back for it next week. The car runs great but I've not had much chance to test it.

I still have some confusion on the different tunes. Jerry did confirm the engines in the V8S and R are mechanically the same. Only diff is the tuning. When I questioned the difference in the tunes and power increase all he would say is "you'll get all there is".

Being a technical type person I'll be picking his brain more when I go back for the pulley. But so far I'm very happy with the results.

Did you get a before & after dyno to see how much power you gained?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Idmack could you clarify what you mean by "don't have to cut the old one off"? I think that means they can install the new one without destroying the old one but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2014, 02:24 PM

No dyno as the car only has 1,000 mi on it and I did not want It taken to redline. I wish I could have but am going to baby it for a while longer. I may come back later for a dyno after the pulley is on and I have a few more thousand miles on it.

They do not cut off the old pulley but I did not ask if the old on was still serviceable. I saw the pulley puller as they were looking at it in relation to how much room they had to work with but they have not used it yet as of Friday PM.

I'll update after I get it finished and a better understanding of the differences in the tuning between the V8S and R. Prob next week.

Oh and I had a chance to drive it a lot more today. Pretty awesome with just the tune. Still a little hesitation starting out.

Last edited by ldmack3; 12-06-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Left out info
Old 12-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

No dyno as the car only has 1,000 mi on it and I did not want It taken to redline. I wish I could have but am going to baby it for a while longer. I may come back later for a dyno after the pulley is on and I have a few more thousand miles on it.

They do not cut off the old pulley but I did not ask if the old on was still serviceable. I saw the pulley puller as they were looking at it in relation to how much room they had to work with but they have not used it yet as of Friday PM.

I'll update after I get it finished and a better understanding of the differences in the tuning between the V8S and R. Prob next week.

Oh and I had a chance to drive it a lot more today. Pretty awesome with just the tune. Still a little hesitation starting out.
Hmmm . . . that would concern me, especially considering there is none with the stock tune, at least on the V6.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Hmmm . . . that would concern me, especially considering there is none with the stock tune, at least on the V6.
If it continues I'll take it back to the dealer. I inquired before and they said to let it get some miles on it. Not sure about that but I'll give them the chance to be right.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Black Friday Sale- Pulley and tune only $699!!!