Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged F-Type Tune/Pulley Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Eurocharged F-Type Tune/Pulley Sale

Jaguar has some awesome potential, they just need help unlocking that extra power. Eurocharged can help you out with that. Our handheld programmer is a perfect solution to getting that extra horsepower. It will allow you to flash the car whenever and where ever you want, no need to send in the ECU. The handheld also holds your stock file, so you can go back to stock whenever you need to.

Eurocharged F-Type Tune/Pulley Sale-untitled-3.jpg

The pulley is a great add on. It's made from aluminium and will give you a 1.5Lb boost increase which would give you a 30bhp gain. It is a very simple install and you'll be able to feel the increase. If you have any questions, you can reach us at 713-462-1600 or post on the forum. One of our reps would be happy to help you out.

Eurocharged F-Type Tune/Pulley Sale-5.0l-jag.-rover-sc-pulley.jpg

Old 09-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

The 1.5 psi and 30hp increases appear to be for the V8. Do you have available the corresponding numbers for the V6?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also interested in the V6 option.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor

V6 would also gain the same amount of boost, 1.5psi and 20HP.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member

Post withdrawn. Comment meant for different vendor.

Last edited by Unhingd; 09-22-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I wonder if anyone makes a piggy-back for the F Type R?

Old 09-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BostonKiller
I wouldn't recommend it. You may have ongoing issues with the battery control module.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BostonKiller
ECU tunes can still run safety maps, Piggy Backs can't. I wouldnt recommend a piggy back.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:02 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Eurocharged
ECU tunes can still run safety maps, Piggy Backs can't. I wouldnt recommend a piggy back.
Got it. My concern is the warranty. Apparently, all tunes leave a trace that can be found by JLR diagnostic equipment even if removed.

Having said that, I have tremendous respect for EuroCharged products. A friend of mind had a 2012 Mercedes C63 AMG with EC tune and was amazing. I've seen first-hand the Dyno results of 2011 Jaguar XFR stock and then with EC pulley and later with EC tune as well. The results were nothing short of amazing. Not to mention the price that is easily 1/2 of what competitors charge

Anyway...Keep up the great work guys!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Here is a data point from me for those interested.

I had a 2014 F-Type V8S. I took it down to Jerry at Eurocharged for a smaller pulley and tune. Both made a significant difference over the stock power and I was very happy with it. The only downside was I incurred a traction problem. With just rear wheel drive I could easily spin the rears in the first two gears. To fix this I went with a stickier tire and that really helped. I loved the car and it got a lot of attention.

Months later I had a problem with the convertible top. While turning out of my driveway I was opening the top and it got stuck in an intermediate position. A top warning came on and I was unable to move it from that intermediate position. I figured it was because I was turning and driving up and incline and probably torqued a sensor and it froze. So I took it to the local Jag dealer to have them fix it. I did not tell them about the Eurocharged tune but knew it had nothing to do with the top so it would not matter anyway.

Well, an hour after I dropped off the car I got a call from the service manager. He said that when the tech plugged in their diagnostic computer it identified that the ECU had been tuned. He then told me they would have to re-flash it to stock before they could work on the car. Being that I lived in Dallas and there was no held re-flashing capability at the time that was a non-starter for me. (I did not want to drive down to Houston to re-flash it again although Eurocharged did not have a problem with doing it for me.) So I vigorously complained and said I was not going to allow the dealer to re-flash the car and asked what my other options were.

The service advisor said he would talk to his manager and get back with me in 15 minutes or so. When he called back they decided that I could keep the tune and they would fix the top but that it would not be covered under warranty. I would have to pay for the repair myself. It ended up being just over $300. I decided to go that route and when I picked up the car I asked to see the tech. I wanted to know exactly what happened so I could try to prevent it from occurring again. I was told they did not allow customers in the shop and that he would call me later that day. He did not. I called the next morning and asked to speak with the tech and was told he would call me. He did not.

At this same time Porsche was announcing the new 2016 Boxster Spyder. Having two other Porsches in the garage and being totally fed up the Jag maintenance BS I decided to trade in the V8S for a Boxster Spyder. Porsche is very mod friendly and encourages you to go to the track to really get an understanding of what your car will do. My Jag dealer told me straight up that any evidence of track use would greatly affect the warranty and discouraged me from ever going there. In comparison, my local Porsche dealer had no problem with me going into the shop while my cars were being worked on. I could stand there and watch, ask questions of the tech or grab a soda and sit in the waiting room. The dealer also held car rallies many times during the year and even sponsored track days at the local racetrack and encouraged us to participate.

So, long story. I miss the Jag. I really really liked it. I felt with the additional power Jag needed to make it 4-wheel drive. Well, they have done that. Eurocharged was great to deal with and the performance increase was significant. The car ran great. Jag lost a customer because of my maintenance issue and I could see going forward that any and all my warranty issues would have to be paid out of pocket instead of under the manufacturers warranty.

So for those of you on the Eurocharged fence. I highly recommend them.

As for the Boxster Spyder, WOW!!!

Walt

The following 2 users liked this post by WaltB:
BostonKiller (09-23-2016), Eurocharged (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 10:39 AM

Yeah, putting the power down in my 2016 F Type R is no problem at all.
I am really interested in seeing 2016 (AWD) F-Type R dyno results on California's crappy 91-octane with just the tune.
Maybe I'll have to do it myself

Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I had heard it was not legal for a warranty claim to be denied due to an unrelated modification - so unless they can prove that the malfunction of the top is related to the engine ECU, they were on thin ice. It's a bit late now but I would have taken it up with Jag Corporate in case it was a rogue dealer.

I have my 2010 XFR running with a Eurocharged tune and pulley and if I were to jump over to an F Coupe, I would be very tempted to get the base model and have their tune (maybe not the pulley too). The new hand held is supposed to allow you to swap back and forth between stock and your tune.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I had heard it was not legal for a warranty claim to be denied due to an unrelated modification - so unless they can prove that the malfunction of the top is related to the engine ECU, they were on thin ice. It's a bit late now but I would have taken it up with Jag Corporate in case it was a rogue dealer.

I have my 2010 XFR running with a Eurocharged tune and pulley and if I were to jump over to an F Coupe, I would be very tempted to get the base model and have their tune (maybe not the pulley too). The new hand held is supposed to allow you to swap back and forth between stock and your tune.

The handheld does store your tune file and stock file for easy flashing. It is a great device, and easy to use.

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Are you guys going to offer an SVR tune and pulley?

Old 09-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MaximA
Are you guys going to offer an SVR tune and pulley?
This sale applies to the SVR as well. We have pulleys and programmers ready to ship.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Walt's story is interesting to me, as my Jag dealer is really good about me spending time with the Master Tech. and he gave me his phone number if I have any technical questions and even offered to help me out if I go with a tune.

I suspect the Jaguar dealers vary quite a bit around access to the tech's and tuning ... not sure of the other brands.
Lawrence

Old 09-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Great, I'll be in touch next week! The last tune was a monster, so I'm looking to get a bit more power out of this car as well.

WaltB sorry you had problems with your dealer over a tune, some are OK with it and some through a fit.

The following users liked this post:
Eurocharged (09-24-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Not a big deal now and yes I probably could have fought it with corporate but I was so pissed at the dealership on so many levels that when Porsche launched the Spyder it was easy to leave Jag.

As I said I loved the car and do miss it somewhat but the Spyder is also an awesome car and I now have the dealership support I was accustomed to.

The reason for my addition to this thread was not so much to tell my story but to throw in my recommendation for the Eurocharged pulley and tune.

Walt

The following 2 users liked this post by WaltB:
Eurocharged (09-24-2016), F Type Terry (09-24-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

The Jaguar dealers here in Southern California sponsor jaguar only track days at a nearby track, and even perform complimentary pre-race and post-race inspections to ensure your vehicle is fit for the track and that you didn't break anything while there.

Clearly, different dealers have different policies. Sad to hear Walt's dealer went so far as to drive you away from the brand.

The following 2 users liked this post by IronMike:
MaximA (09-23-2016), WaltB (09-25-2016)