Sponsored by:

Eventuri Intakes for Jaguar FType V6 and V8 Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 06:22 PM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts
Default Eventuri Intakes for Jaguar FType V6 and V8 Supercharged

Hi Everyone,

We've been doing more and more tunes for people who are saying that they have fitted the Eventuri Intake system. Beautiful parts and very good quality workmanship.

We have added them to our offerings on the website, so we can continue to serve as a one stop shop for FType owners.

Jaguar F-Type Eventuri Intake Carbon Fiber Intake System

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 10-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I have the eventuri (and your tune) intake on my Ftype R and found the supercharger sound/whine did increase a fair bit, especially under substantial throttle. At first I turned of dynamic mode to quiet the exhaust and could hear the supercharger easily.. then with the exhaust open, I needed a good bit of throttle to really hear it. Going by a concrete wall or tunnel it was even more apparent.

The only knock on it would be that it is very close to the ground, so care around any water over perhaps 5 inch's deep and the filter seems ok, but does not have the surface area or the density of the pleated OEM filters so, personally, I would be wary of excessive dust conditions.

Overall, I'm glad I did the swap, although I now have to store the big bulky filter/housings of the OEM setup.

Stuart, too bad you did not carry this product a couple of months ago when I bought mine.
Lawrence

Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I have the eventuri (and your tune) intake on my Ftype R and found the supercharger sound/whine did increase a fair bit, especially under substantial throttle. At first I turned of dynamic mode to quiet the exhaust and could hear the supercharger easily.. then with the exhaust open, I needed a good bit of throttle to really hear it. Going by a concrete wall or tunnel it was even more apparent.

The only knock on it would be that it is very close to the ground, so care around any water over perhaps 5 inch's deep and the filter seems ok, but does not have the surface area or the density of the pleated OEM filters so, personally, I would be wary of excessive dust conditions.

Overall, I'm glad I did the swap, although I now have to store the big bulky filter/housings of the OEM setup.

Stuart, too bad you did not carry this product a couple of months ago when I bought mine.
Lawrence
No worries Lawrence, having customers like you who had purchased the product made us realize it was worthwhile becoming set up as a retailer.

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-29-2017, 12:11 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this a purely aesthetic/auditory mod? I seem to recall another member posting that his car gained no horsepower at all?

Old 10-29-2017, 02:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX
Is this a purely aesthetic/auditory mod? I seem to recall another member posting that his car gained no horsepower at all?
So far, no one has recorded more than an insignificant hp gain. Can't really claim to be an aesthetic gain as you have to remove fender wells or put the car on a lift to see it. A gain in supercharger noise level (whine) has been noted.

The following users liked this post:
SinF (10-31-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 05:12 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
So far, no one has recorded more than an insignificant hp gain. Can't really claim to be an aesthetic gain as you have to remove fender wells or put the car on a lift to see it. A gain in supercharger noise level (whine) has been noted.
For an intake system to contribute to higher horsepower it needs to flow more air.

Two ways to easily achieve this:
first is increase surface area of air filter, this leads to lower pressure drop across the filter without compromising filtration.
Second way is a less restrictive filter with the same or smaller surface area, lower pressure drop again possible but this time at the cost of less effective filtration (larger particle size allowed to pass through into supercharger and ultimately the engine.
Your choice.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_59
For an intake system to contribute to higher horsepower it needs to flow more air.

Two ways to easily achieve this:
first is increase surface area of air filter, this leads to lower pressure drop across the filter without compromising filtration.
Second way is a less restrictive filter with the same or smaller surface area, lower pressure drop again possible but this time at the cost of less effective filtration (larger particle size allowed to pass through into supercharger and ultimately the engine.
Your choice.
This only results in a horsepower gain if the original system has a restriction which this car clearly does not.

SinF (10-31-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX
I think largely, yes. My suspicion is that most of the BHP increase comes from the filter aspect. They are however lovely pieces, and since people are interested we decided to carry the product.

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-30-2017, 05:37 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

just installed the eventuri on my f80 m3, it's a pretty big kit on that app, and everything is very high quality

i'd like to hear a video though before spending big money on another intake - if it increases the whine, i'm in

Old 10-30-2017, 08:37 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
This only results in a horsepower gain if the original system has a restriction which this car clearly does not.
Your entitled to your opinion, my opinion is all oem air intakes are restrictive and measuring pressure drop across air filter would give the filters contribution to overall restriction of intake

Old 10-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_59
Your entitled to your opinion, my opinion is all oem air intakes are restrictive and measuring pressure drop across air filter would give the filters contribution to overall restriction of intake
If you want to get technical everything is restrictive to some extent, but if there is another part of the system that is more restrictive than the OEM intake it won't really matter how restrictive the intake is. An aftermarket unit won't help, and that's what we're seeing here.

Something to keep in mind is that the OEM intake will always be a better design than any aftermarket unit. Aftermarket companies just don't have the resources to design parts like the OEMs do. It comes down to what compromises the OEM makes and what their targets are. If the OEM wants a quiet running engine with good long term reliability they're going to design an intake with lots of bottlenecks and a poor flowing filter. If they care about power above all else they will make a better intake than any aftermarket company can make. There's a reason intakes are very popular in cheaper vehicles with compromises compared to high end sports cars.

Lastly, airflow is a fickle thing. There are many instances where removing a filter entirely nets lower horsepower. And it's not all about filter size/flow either. Shape and air smoothing characteristics have a huge impact.

Theres an episode of "Engine Masters" coming out within the next month all about air filters. It's very informative and I suggest everyone give it a watch to really understand the complexity of engineering an intake. Even on a 40+ year old platform.

Last edited by Stohlen; 10-30-2017 at 09:53 AM.
SinF (10-31-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

I will be designing a cost effective intake that replicates a design along the lines of the Eventuri without the needless carbon fiber an will be priced around $500.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sts-v
I will be designing a cost effective intake that replicates a design along the lines of the Eventuri without the needless carbon fiber an will be priced around $500.
Perhaps you would like to start your own thread about it rather that posting this in ours? Thank-you

Old 10-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
I think largely, yes. My suspicion is that most of the BHP increase comes from the filter aspect. They are however lovely pieces, and since people are interested we decided to carry the product.
Stuart, I am interested in installing Turbonator on my F-type. Do you also carry these?

Old 10-31-2017, 10:22 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SinF
Stuart, I am interested in installing Turbonator on my F-type. Do you also carry these?
Is that those little tubes with the pinwheel thingy inside - installed between the throttle and the intake?

www.velocityap.com

Old 10-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Is that those little tubes with the pinwheel thingy inside - installed between the throttle and the intake?
Stuart, don't go there...he's pulling your leg!

SinF (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 03:32 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Currently out-of-stock at Amazon.
Amazon Amazon

SinF (11-01-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 08:39 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Stuart, don't go there...he's pulling your leg!
I was sure hoping so. Trying to compose a post in my mind that would be a polite way to say "don't waste your money on that XXXX"

www.velocityap.com