F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust fine tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2022 | 09:23 AM
|
Default Exhaust fine tuning

Hi all - so recently bought FTR (rwd) has a VAP stage 3, both pulleys, tune, and 200 cell cats/pipes. So it goes from a bit of a sporty but muted growl in quiet mode to "opening the gates of hell" loud in loud mode I love it, but for me I need a little more in quiet for when I decide I don't want to terrorize every citizen and attract every officer in area. Thinking about going with something like a quicksilver exhaust - will make everything louder but might be just right in "quiet" mode for everyday. Thing is, take it over 4000 in quiet mode and... well you know. Is there a way to have the car remain in "quiet" mode all the way until redline? Controllable via tune perhaps?

Another option is to perhaps quiet down loud mode a little. Perhaps with inline resonators, any experience there greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Old 05-29-2022 | 03:48 PM
Default Comparison is best way for your decision

Hello ...
I believe this is an excellent video for you to watch and hear.
The car is a 2015 model F Type R with RWD transmission. The car has full SuperSprint exhaust system which includes; exhaust muffler, mid pipes and Sport Cats. The exhaust muffler is the "TOURING EXHAUST" . It's not our race exhaust. I hope the video helps you figure out what's best for you. Should you need any assistance, please contact me via private message and I will be glad to answers any questions you may have about our product. Thank you.
Roberto

Our exhaust muffler and other components have no droning or raspy sound.

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 05-29-2022 at 04:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Turko (05-29-2022)
Old 05-29-2022 | 04:18 PM

I have the full system and it's epic
I can have stealth which I quiter than stock
I can open with the button for a nice rumble
and then there is dynamic which is what I can only describe as my doberman growling into a 📢
I was side by side with 3 svr today and each svr was slightly different but we did a sound comparison and they were all impressed with my sound which is more brap brap a la harley Davidson with zero rasp or resonance
A video just does not fully demonstrate how good the supersprint is
And no I don't work for supersprint or gain in any way from endorsing their product
I've heard them all
Capristo larini avramakovic(prob wrong spelling
quicksilver vap and nothing comes close to the supersprint

The following 2 users liked this post by Gasman2:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-29-2022), Turko (05-29-2022)
Old 05-30-2022 | 11:01 PM

You guys had one of the best sounding exhausts for the E46 M3... I imagine this sounds great as well. hopefully the welds have gotten a bit cleaner.

Old 05-31-2022 | 11:25 AM

OP is asking if it's possible to keep valve closed after 4k rpm's to keep it as quiet as possible during hard acceleration. I am not sure myself.

Old 05-31-2022 | 12:49 PM

I don't think any test requires holding a petrol engined car anywhere near 4k while stationary
even a diesel engine only requires 2500rpm and that is only for a smoke test
i doubt the valve will be closed that high
I honestly can't describe how quiet the system is if you have the button off and in normal mode

bfrank1972 (06-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2022 | 04:58 PM
Default MPower .....

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
You guys had one of the best sounding exhausts for the E46 M3... I imagine this sounds great as well. hopefully the welds have gotten a bit cleaner.
Hello....
Thank you for your candid remark on our M3 exhaust system sound. It's very nice of you to give your honest opinion for the sound of SuperSprint exhaust.

Our welding points are as they should be; clean, solid & strong.
Thank you.

Old 05-31-2022 | 05:38 PM

I have exactly the same as the op and concur with gasman, the supersprint exhaust is so quiet when off that even my wife doesnt complain
But when open and in dynamic all hell breaks loose, it sounds so different to any other aftermarket exhaust ive heard as well.
Probably down to it not having an X pipe in the mid section.

Old 06-01-2022 | 07:42 AM
|

Originally Posted by Gasman2
I don't think any test requires holding a petrol engined car anywhere near 4k while stationary
even a diesel engine only requires 2500rpm and that is only for a smoke test
i doubt the valve will be closed that high
I honestly can't describe how quiet the system is if you have the button off and in normal mode
The car is hilarious but quite loud when in loud mode - never had a car where I constantly need to spot old ladies and baby carriages on sidewalks.

I haven't been to LR yet, but tracks with noise limits often take readings on-track at different points and times. I'm pretty sure my tuned car with the 200 cell cats would get me black flagged if they read me wide open on the track. Anybody actually have a problem there?

Back to the broader question, I think it would be nice if quiet mode would remain quiet across the rev band - that way I could tune the car to a normal 'sporty' mode plus 'insanity' mode possible to do this with a tune?

Old 06-01-2022 | 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by bfrank1972
Hi all - so recently bought FTR (rwd) has a VAP stage 3, both pulleys, tune, and 200 cell cats/pipes. So it goes from a bit of a sporty but muted growl in quiet mode to "opening the gates of hell" loud in loud mode I love it, but for me I need a little more in quiet for when I decide I don't want to terrorize every citizen and attract every officer in area. Thinking about going with something like a quicksilver exhaust - will make everything louder but might be just right in "quiet" mode for everyday. Thing is, take it over 4000 in quiet mode and... well you know. Is there a way to have the car remain in "quiet" mode all the way until redline? Controllable via tune perhaps?

Another option is to perhaps quiet down loud mode a little. Perhaps with inline resonators, any experience there greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad
Hi Brad,

There's a few options we can help you out with. Yes, we can alter the valve opening & closing with the tune.

We are working on some resonated options for the AWD downpipes which we will be able to share fairly soon.

Also have a number of exhaust options, our 'Touring' sound level exhaust is probably the best fixed sound level option to select, but our valved system is even quieter on valve closed operation than the original equipment. Drop me a line at Stuart@Velocityap.com if you need some further discussion on the options.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 06-07-2022 | 06:34 AM
Default Hi Brad ......

Originally Posted by Craaaazzy
OP is asking if it's possible to keep valve closed after 4k rpm's to keep it as quiet as possible during hard acceleration. I am not sure myself.

I spoke with my technical department regarding your inquiry. It was a National Federal Holiday here in Italy. Holiday is over, so I'm giving you the most accurate information pertaining to your question.

Brad,
This must be done via a modification of the ECU.The valves open and close based upon the vacuum signal sent by the stock ECU programming.

The switching mode is not programmed into the exhaust.
Thank you!

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 06-07-2022 at 08:20 PM.