F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Lacking on 2019 F-Type R Convertible! Any help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My scanner is a MaxiCOM MK808BT. So you think that he throw me out b*llsh*t on this car ?
Do you have different readout on MY17 and after ?

Old 02-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleantex
My scanner is a MaxiCOM MK808BT. So you think that he throw me out b*llsh*t on this car ?
Do you have different readout on MY17 and after ?
Our Autel MaxiSys Elite can do it. If yours read another module, don't see why it wouldn't read the engine module...

Not sure what your asking about 17MY... Every year is a different calibration and every market has it's own calibration as well.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 02-05-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
Our Autel MaxiSys Elite can do it. If yours read another module, don't see why it wouldn't read the engine module...

Not sure what your asking about 17MY... Every year is a different calibration and every market has it's own calibration as well.
Chris is in UK, still EU and I am in LUX, in EU. So we are the same market and comparing the VIN's possible also the same production moment.
We both try to find out about the MY19 that both we bought. But you may be right, perhaps better to ask in germany as tuners there have the same
problem.

Old 02-05-2020, 04:19 PM
Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Chris is in UK, still EU and I am in LUX, in EU. So we are the same market and comparing the VIN's possible also the same production moment.
We both try to find out about the MY19 that both we bought. But you may be right, perhaps better to ask in germany as tuners there have the same
problem.
Doesn't matter what market your in, we're tuning these vehicles for the world..including Germany. What problem are you trying to explain; having a particulate filter that's causing the exhaust to be more muted and having all the fuel cutoff on overrun + between gear shifts disabled? I've already doen through which pipe have which emissions devices due to euro/carb spec. I don't mean to be blunt, but it's not a new issue and odds are slim you can find a tuner that can disable the "monitored" particulate filters on the newer pipes without the car being present(as of this date). The "non-monitored" particulate filters I doubt you'll have any issue if the pipe is changed out for something that matched EURO6 catalysts emissions...otherwise your tuning the ecu to disable the catalyst monitor as well.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 02-06-2020, 03:21 AM

All this is very strange, My obd2 reader is also from Autel, but cheaper version. I looked on Autel website and they say for F-Type software version JAGUAR V1.30 08/09/2019 Maybe this is not yet adapted from Autel side, my device is uptodate. I also saw on Arden site, that the photo posted by me from their exhaust system is now declared "non EU". So, they also seam to have no replacement for gpf cars. Just putting a EU conform new muffler will not help I think.
Anyway Boris declared to ban all gasoil/diesel cars from 2025 on. Happy time for JLR and us ahead.

Old 02-06-2020, 05:40 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Anyway Boris declared to ban all gasoil/diesel cars from 2025 on.
You're 10 years out, 2035 is the proposed date for the ban. It now also includes hybrids - so electric or hydrogen only, unless a new technology arises.

The following users liked this post:
Cleantex (02-06-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 06:50 AM

I apologize and will stop at a certain moment to post from tablet. This finger game introduce often errors also in text.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by scm
You're 10 years out, 2035 is the proposed date for the ban. It now also includes hybrids - so electric or hydrogen only, unless a new technology arises.
The most crazy is, that he want to ban the gasoil/diesel/hybrid even before european and the rest of the world anyway. Imagine british carmakers not allowed to sell their gasoil/diesel...
cars in UK, but must still produce them for the rest of the world. Where is the interest to stay production in UK ?, for an Indian company.
I think that Johnson never drove an electric car in real live and is not aware of the cost that electric cars generates. Like in most other countries the infrastructure for the charging stations,
the electric network that must be reinforced in some regions and so on is just not existing. And every owner will mostly need a charging station at his home. So same story with network and such private charging station 22, 50kw cost about 2000$ per houshold.
And imagine how this may work in underground parkings from appartment buildings. Some people want, other dont need but they will be forced to pay also for the installation.

Last edited by Cleantex; 02-06-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:07 PM
scm
Veteran Member

i-Pace owners on a UK forum pay from around £300 upwards for a charging point, much less than your quoted figure. They can fully charge the car overnight. The difference with EVs is that you always start your day with a "full tank", so if you don't do huge daily milages you never need to charge away from home. For long journeys, forward planning is needed, and that's where the current infrastructure needs a radical upgrade. The main problem I see is in towns (where EVs wil be most beneficial) where housing doesn't have off road parking, so home charging isn't practical. And in the UK, how will they replace the massive tax revenues from dinosaur fuel when we're all using off-peak electricity?

Old 02-06-2020, 03:20 PM

As I just read, the I-Pace is limited at 7KW, so he cannot use a 22KW charger. But this overnight charging will not work in practical with a family where husband take it to job, later wife make shopping and son take it to disco in the evening. Perhaps son will be forced to drive home in bus

Old 02-19-2020, 11:55 AM

Hi Chris,
Congratulations and great finding.
Now, just concerning the Euro norm 6d, I believe we two are Euro norm 6d-temp, what is the preliminary mode before 6d (without temp) starting for carmakers at 1/09/19.
Asthonishing that they are able to find out still into the norms by themselves...... So, the pots may change (we are MY20) with MY21 again. Now, where do you found the relation from what is find printed on the cats and the Jaguar cats stock number ?
Anyway if I change, I must do it outside from the country here, too much small. Really a problem and Germany is no solution as they are ...just german. Would never make something against institutions. I will wait to see your result over the good seasons and perhaps make a trip over to the birthplace for a mod.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picking V8

I have a question. I am new here.
My future plan is to buy an F-type R maybe SVR V8, but when I see how quiet it is, no cracking.
I was looking at the forum here and I read ... I'm confused about it.
What models are very noisy? Can MY2018 crack from the exhaust without effort? Maybe I ask wrong.
I'm not a car mechanic

Old 02-29-2020, 06:03 AM
scm
Veteran Member

I have a UK MY18 R AWD and the noise I get from the rear "speakers" is awesome - no holding back because of later regulations.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
I just ordered the remote device the OP posted about. I've been running mostly without F43, because my exhaust valves got squeaky, and the electric vacuum pump can be annoying at times. But for long highway cruises, the drone is a bit much, so I put F43 back in. (Don't need to spend a few grand on a new muffler as the valves can't be replaced.)

Had considered wiring a switch in, but this looks like a good solution.
@DJS I couldn't find mention of any device in the original post - What device is it that you've bought and how are you getting on with it?

Looking to find a way to keep the valves shut on start up so that I can get smaller/louder cats without bothering the neighbours too much...

Old 04-28-2020, 05:26 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,148 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Funny, I posted a link recently in a different thread...
www.cccharger.co.uk

Strangely, he doesn’t list the F-type model on the website. Works great. The install was mostly easy, though finding an actual ground was a bit of a challenge - most of the studs I checked weren’t actually bonded to ground, though I finally found one.

I like it, as I get a lot of drone at highway speeds with the roof up and F43 pulled. Trivial to switch the valves back to normal operation with a push of the fob button.

I added it because I hate the sound of the vacuum pump (sounds like a buzzing heat shield), and my valves squeak.

Edit: just read your last sentence, this can’t help with that. The valves have big springs that keep them open in the absence of vacuum. There’s no vacuum available at startup, so the valves have to be open. A few folks have added another vacuum pump (or maybe a relay to switch the existing one), so they can manually turn it on (from unswitched power) to close the valves before starting.

Last edited by DJS; 04-28-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:48 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Apologize for a likely dumb question, but I just got my 2018 F-Type SVR about a month ago. How do I know if this update was done; thus, making the car quieter than what it once was? It sounds pretty good to me!

The following users liked this post:
NewportJag (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 10:30 PM
Exclamation SOS About to buy V8 FType hoping to avoid "***** sound"

Originally Posted by JIMLIGHTA
That's not it. Jaguar admits they've done this. JTB00495 was released for customers "complaining of reduced exhaust noise after the application of the June-2016+ software update."

My V8 S had 17000 miles on it when they removed the exaust note without my permission via the June-2016 software update. It makes the Active Exhaust switch about 75% quieter below approx 4500 RPM. Fuse 43 does not help as the issue is not within the exaust system, it is the removal of programed fuel injection on the overrun. This has been a known/intentional problem for a long time, but it only affects those familiar with the original Alpha Male version of the F-Type. See...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...e-pops-189453/
SOS
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2017 Convertible F-Type V8 and was only alerted to the noise-cancelling update via a YouTube video today.

So far the dealer sent a photo of the door tag which shoes the manufacturing date as June 2016. Based on reading this and similar threads that seems to be grounds for optimism as the update is (???) reversible if it was even installed. Still waiting for a photo from the infotainment menu showing which software version the car is running.

My big questions now are:
  • How can I tell whether the noise-cancelling update was installed on the vehicle?
  • Assuming the 495 update is run on the car or has previously been run on the car, how can one now that the 495 update was done successfully (short of putting two cars next to each other to listen for sound differences)?
Thanks a lot!!!

Old 06-26-2020, 11:41 AM

Update: Just received a photo from the dealer showing the software version as 6353_151028. Now I'm at a loss as to what to do with that information when it comes to assessing the noise-cancellation issue.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by NewportJag
Update: Just received a photo from the dealer showing the software version as 6353_151028. Now I'm at a loss as to what to do with that information when it comes to assessing the noise-cancellation issue.
If it's that big of a concern, just budget an ECU update from VAP:

https://www.velocityap.com/product-c...jaguar/f-type/

They will give you all the pops, bangs and farts the car can handle if you request it with your tune.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:17 AM
Default 2022 lister tuned f type

Hi guys I have a customer with a brand new lister tuned f type , were wanting to know if we can replace the downpipes wit ones just with sportscats fitted to help with sound and performance as so far he's been robbed with a backbox mod that has still let the car far too quiet

Quick Reply: Exhaust Lacking on 2019 F-Type R Convertible! Any help?