Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust remote WIRLESS V6S -16

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 12:31 PM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Exhaust remote WIRLESS V6S -16

Hello guys!

I thought I would share my experience regarding the wireless exhaust system valve opener. I bought it from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-F-...PageName=STRK% 3 AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 I have mounted it and sorry to tell you that I dont feel any different sound when I close or open the valves. I hear how the unit sounds, the box but no difference in the exhaust system like my previous cars of other models that have had the button from the factory. What I noticed when I connected incorrectly was that it sounded a bit more. This may mean that it is simply enough to pull 43. I will film this when I get some time over, it may happen that I do something wrong but have tested in 3 different ways and however much I want it to work so notice I'm sorry, no difference.

This is how I connected the unit, see picture

Old 10-25-2019, 01:04 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you sure it’s actually working? I had to connect the ground wire to a different location in order for it to operate properly. I used the metal frame of the floorboard for my ground point. When I originally wired it per the instructions, it didn’t do anything at all

Old 10-25-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by 62jeff
Are you sure it’s actually working? I had to connect the ground wire to a different location in order for it to operate properly. I used the metal frame of the floorboard for my ground point. When I originally wired it per the instructions, it didn’t do anything at all
I can here it "click" when i have it installed according to the instructions (when i press buttons). Can you upload a picture of how your cables are connected?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by v6sAWD-sweden; 10-25-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by v6sAWD-sweden
I can here it "click" when i have it installed according to the instructions (when i press buttons). Can you upload a picture of how your cables are connected?

Thanks in advance
Yes, gladly. But it may take a day or two to get to the car so maybe tomorrow evening before it’s uploaded.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:15 PM

Yes, gladly. But it may take a day or two to get to the car so maybe tomorrow evening before it’s uploaded.
Sounds good! Thanks buddy

Old 10-25-2019, 01:25 PM

I just checked the emails i exchanged with the vendor last year. My relay clicked like yours, before I changed the wiring. It was as if the lack of the good ground kept it from working.

Try this: simply take the back ground (earth) wire and hold to the metal frame of the floorboard opening while trying your remote control, see if it helps.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:41 PM

I just checked the emails i exchanged with the vendor last year. My relay clicked like yours, before I changed the wiring. It was as if the lack of the good ground kept it from working.

Try this: simply take the back ground (earth) wire and hold to the metal frame of the floorboard opening while trying your remote control, see if it helps.
Thanks, i will try that, but i doubt it. Because it does not click when i put the earth in the other hole in 11... I believe it should click when push the button, or im shure about it.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:45 PM

Thanks, i will try that, but i doubt it. Because it does not click when i put the earth in the other hole in 11... I believe it should click when push the button, or im shure about it.
I had the same experience. The vendor suspected the earth wasn’t strong enough at the indicated connection location.

I have a V8S but don’t imagine it should make a difference from your V6S

Old 10-25-2019, 01:47 PM

I had the same experience. The vendor suspected the earth wasn’t strong enough at the indicated connection location.

Ok, i hope i have the same problem then!
But now when you push button, can you hear the unit click still?

Old 10-25-2019, 01:56 PM

Ok, i hope i have the same problem then!
But now when you push button, can you hear the unit click still?
As I recall, yes I could hear it when I was testing the improved connection.

From my email to the vendor last year:
“With the module wired per my photo (per instructions), both remote controls behave the same way - repeated clicks when holding a button or two light click-clicks with a single quick button push. (The non working scenario)

With the earth wire removed from F11 and touching the metal surround in the floor that allows access to the fuse panel, pressing a remote button issues a more distinct "thunk" out of the module that is more readily felt, than the minor click-click that I hear with the module wired to F11. Pressing and holding the button issues a single "thunk" and no series of click-clicks. “

Last edited by 62jeff; 10-25-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:57 PM

As I recall, yes I could hear it when I was testing the improved connection.
Ok, i try it tomorrow, thanks mate

Old 10-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Ok, i try it tomorrow, thanks mate
You are welcome. Check my revised post above

Old 10-25-2019, 02:07 PM

You are welcome. Check my revised post above
Thanks, now i belive you have the solution! Exactly as you describe is the case with multiply clicks right now for me. So i will use the "bracket" that was included and mount it on the flor? This will be interesting.
Right now i wish i lived in the forrest with no neighbors....

You are the man! Big thanks!

Old 10-26-2019, 03:13 PM

The black wire is clipped to the metal edge of the floor opening, which is then covered in blue tape. I used a split-ring keychain ring for this purpose - inserting the edge of the black wire into the edge of the ring, then slipping the edge of the ring over the metal edge of the floor board opening.

Last edited by 62jeff; 10-26-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:22 PM
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a V8S but don’t imagine it should make a difference from your V6S
I hope I understand correctly....after the modification you use a key fob type device to switch the exhausts to loud mode, with the same outcome as a car that has the factory-fitted switch on the console near the gear lever? Thus you could leave your car in loud mode, but have the option to tone it down for early morning starts that may annoy the neighbors.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:32 AM

The black wire is clipped to the metal edge of the floor opening, which is then covered in blue tape. I used a split-ring keychain ring for this purpose - inserting the edge of the black wire into the edge of the ring, then slipping the edge of the ring over the metal edge of the floor board opening.

Big thanks for this.
Unfortunately, I can announce that this did not help more than we solved the earth cable, (click, click, click is now gone, still klicks but only one time) but I can hear no difference in the exhaust system.
This product obviously does not work on my car, and yes I have an active exhaust system.
Will return this item.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by andrew0068
I hope I understand correctly....after the modification you use a key fob type device to switch the exhausts to loud mode, with the same outcome as a car that has the factory-fitted switch on the console near the gear lever? Thus you could leave your car in loud mode, but have the option to tone it down for early morning starts that may annoy the neighbors.

Correct sir

Old 10-27-2019, 10:28 AM

Big thanks for this.
Unfortunately, I can announce that this did not help more than we solved the earth cable, (click, click, click is now gone, still klicks but only one time) but I can hear no difference in the exhaust system.
This product obviously does not work on my car, and yes I have an active exhaust system.
Will return this item.
That's too bad. Be sure to check with the manufacturer first in case something else is up. They were very helpful for me when I had my initial issues.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by andrew0068
I hope I understand correctly....after the modification you use a key fob type device to switch the exhausts to loud mode, with the same outcome as a car that has the factory-fitted switch on the console near the gear lever?
correct

Thus you could leave your car in loud mode, but have the option to tone it down for early morning starts that may annoy the neighbors.
Not necessarily. Even in quiet mode, the valves on my 2014 V8S start open when the car is first started, and then they close up because the car is in quiet mode. If your desire is to ensure the car is quiet when you start it, I don't know what your options are. As I understand it, the earlier years used a vacuum pump to operate the valves, thus I assume the vacuum would bleed off over night and allow the valves to be open at initial start. In later years I hear it's electrically managed, but do not know if there is still a vacuum component that would bleed down over night.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:21 AM

That's too bad. Be sure to check with the manufacturer first in case something else is up. They were very helpful for me when I had my initial issues.
Its so sick! They where good, and refound was not a problem, They said, and hade the same solution that you shared.
Big Thanks to you!!

Quick Reply: Exhaust remote WIRLESS V6S -16