F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with ASR CB2 Valve Controller?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 07:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by itsajaaag
oh ok, I'm getting the version without the key fob. I guess I'm supposed to control the module with the exhaust button in the central console.

​​​​​​No key fob needed or supplied with the module I got, ASR CB2.
Valves are operated through the factory original exhaust valve button on the console.
​​​I can hear the valve open up as they should at high rpm when exhaust valve button on the console isn't activated.

The following users liked this post:
itsajaaag (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then I really don't know why the warning on the website. Maybe it's meant for the key fob version.... I guess I'll have to ask them directly to be absolutely clear. Cheers

Old 12-13-2023, 03:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Good2BeBad
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the ASR CB2 exhaust valve control unit?
If you do, did you have any issues? does it work seamlessly through the Jag's active exhaust button and driving profiles as advertised?

https://asr-component.de/gb/flap-con...ntrol-cb2.html

I will be picking up my new 2024 F Type R in few weeks and am shopping for some little improvements to really get an R-rated experience from get go.
One of the first items on my list is to get exhaust to sound like its meant to be at all rpm's.
However, I would like to have that glorious exhaust on demand (can switch to quiet) and in a neat package, preferably one that is integrated with already available Jag controls.
I want it all, and i am willing to pay a significantly higher price (~600$) then with other known solutions if this unit really works.
Especially if the same controller unit also remembers to automatically disable pesky start/stop!

PS.
I am aware of the following other solutions:
- "permanently open valve" solution like pull a fuse
- "remote relay with fob controller" like the clever "claws out mod" and cc charger

Thanks you!
I just ordered the RX1 so I can have 3 different modes. The stock, the dynamic and the valves open 100%. I can use the universal home link to program the remote control and keep all functionality. I’ll update as soon as it’s installed.

itsajaaag (12-13-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 10:11 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I think, in the stock mode, the valves do not open 100% in the dynamic mode, sometimes 50 or 75%, perhaps under fullpower 90%, but when you use the mode with RX1 "open", the valves are all times 100% open :-)it is louder as the OEM Mode Dynamic :-)
that is what I can say after installing the RX1 !
Andi

Old 12-16-2023, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Good2BeBad
Yes, 6 month in and its a success, am very happy with it.
The exhaust button works as it should, can open the exhaust at any rpm and don't have to be in sports mode.
The autostart is defeated and not coming back each time I start the car, don't have to remember to press that A button.

Installation was relatively easy.
You do need to get out the bottom and side trunk cover panels in order to get to the wire harness and crimp splice the controller in.
Took me probably couple hours and most of that me being extra careful and gentle with detaching/reattaching cover panels in the trunk of my brand new jag.
ASR says it’s plug and play. You had to splice and rewire the harness?

Old 12-16-2023, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by itsajaaag
so there is safety built in after all... wonder why did ASR put out this warning then...
There is a safety on the CB2 which doesn’t have a remote, it overrides your exhaust button. So you can have it quiet or valves open by pressing the button. The RX1 comes with a remote. You can have the quiet (stock) version, press your factory exhaust button and get some more noise or turn press the button and turn the ASR module on to have 100% open valves. The RX1 doesn’t come with the built in safety if you close the valves, you have full control. CB2 is never closed, it’s stock or 100% open, no ability to close.

Old 12-16-2023, 12:14 PM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

Definitely looks intriguing if it works, but the Claws Out mod (especially if you program a Homelink button to activate) combined with the active exhaust button and standard/dynamic mode button gives you every possible combination this box could give you, for less than $30 US.

Old 12-17-2023, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Definitely looks intriguing if it works, but the Claws Out mod (especially if you program a Homelink button to activate) combined with the active exhaust button and standard/dynamic mode button gives you every possible combination this box could give you, for less than $30 US.
Just installed the module. It was a bit more tedious disassembling the trunk components and trim but the module works perfectly. It’s basically the “Claws Out” mod but German made. I programmed the remote onto my Home Link. So now I can have the valves open 100% when I want, go back to stock or drive in dynamic mode with the valves opening at 3500rpm. It’s literally having full control over opening the valves up when you feel like it or toning it down. Definitely recommend, worth the $375.

Thunder Dump (12-17-2023)