Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty after CPO Warranty Expires

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 10:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Extended Warranty after CPO Warranty Expires

Hi,
I have a 2020 F-Type 4 cyl CPO. Warranty still has 18 months on it but I was wondering when the right time is to start shopping for an extended warranty assuming I plan on keeping the car. Also, is it less if I buy it while it's still under warranty and am I better off going through the dealer or just another 3rd party warranty. Any and all suggestions are helpful. I had a 2016 that I kept without warranty and I nearly went nuts when it had a couple of electrical issues wonder how much the repairs would be.
Thank You.

Old 12-10-2023, 11:48 AM
Received 202 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Schwartz
Hi,
I have a 2020 F-Type 4 cyl CPO. Warranty still has 18 months on it but I was wondering when the right time is to start shopping for an extended warranty assuming I plan on keeping the car. Also, is it less if I buy it while it's still under warranty and am I better off going through the dealer or just another 3rd party warranty. Any and all suggestions are helpful. I had a 2016 that I kept without warranty and I nearly went nuts when it had a couple of electrical issues wonder how much the repairs would be.
Thank You.
I've always seen extended warranties as the penalty some people pay for not having enough savings to cover what may come down the pike. IOW, self-insuring is the way to go in almost all cases [except where the insurance is widely purchased throughout the population [e.g., home, auto, business]. In these examples, the cost/benefit makes carrying these insurances a no-brainer.

In a market like auto extended warranties, this is not the case [as these markets have few participants] and a lot of expense/risk is incurred. If covering a major repair out of savings is going to adversely affect your lifestyle, you should definitely consider the warranty but be aware that coverage is expensive and spotty.

Good move starting early. Do your homework and good luck!

The following users liked this post:
Rob Schwartz (12-10-2023)