F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Pace Leasing - What's a good lease deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017 | 03:31 PM
|
Default F-Pace Leasing - What's a good lease deal?

Hey everyone,

First time about to lease a Jaguar F-Pace. I have leased BMW 3 series for years and always got a good lease deal.

Lately I have been looking at a dealer near me and he quoted me $681/month on a $53,300 2017 F-Pace. In my opinion, that is NOT a good deal.

What are your thoughts and what are you paying for leases?

Old 08-24-2017 | 03:49 PM

You should probably ask in the F-Pace section.

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:39 PM

BMW's will almost always lease better than Jags. They are just famous for "giving away" their cars in leases. I've shopped many brands and many leases and BMW almost always comes out with the best deal when comparing MSRP's of vehicles.

The F-Pace is also a new model, a hot seller, and without a lot of stock available out there. Jag (and their dealers) don't need to do deals on F-Pace's right now, so that will also hurt your ability to lease one at a good deal at this time.

Old 08-24-2017 | 05:45 PM

The fpace is going to lease out terribly. There's are no incentives on it right now

Old 08-24-2017 | 06:14 PM

It depends on your location. Here on the west coast, specifically California..dealers have plenty of F-PACE inventory. Port stock is pretty decent and overall demand for the F-PACE has stabilised. A lot of dealers here are at MSRP or less. And as the poster mentioned above, there aren't any incentives on the F-PACE...so the lease figures aren't that great.

Old 08-24-2017 | 06:44 PM

The other problem with the fpace is that it's not a good value once you spec it out. I was looking at over 70k. At that price there are other/better SUV options in my opinion.

The lease payment on a potential Fpace would have been 50% higher than my ftype with a 30k less msrp.

Old 08-24-2017 | 08:17 PM

I'd use the 1% rule. Take 1% of MSRP and use that as a monthly payment. Range Rovers are nice too.

Old 08-25-2017 | 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
BMW's will almost always lease better than Jags. They are just famous for "giving away" their cars in leases. I've shopped many brands and many leases and BMW almost always comes out with the best deal when comparing MSRP's of vehicles.

The F-Pace is also a new model, a hot seller, and without a lot of stock available out there. Jag (and their dealers) don't need to do deals on F-Pace's right now, so that will also hurt your ability to lease one at a good deal at this time.
No way dude, you can get killer deals on Jaguars right now. Maybe not the F-Pace because its new. But the other models lease really really well, the discounts off MSRP are great, and the interest rates are practically free money.

Old 08-25-2017 | 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
No way dude, you can get killer deals on Jaguars right now. Maybe not the F-Pace because its new. But the other models lease really really well, the discounts off MSRP are great, and the interest rates are practically free money.
Partially correct.

Yes, you can get some good deals on Jag's at this time as there are some models with huge incentives and some that don't move that well.

However, BMW as a manufacturer is known to give amazing lease deals...so comparing one manufacturer who is known for cheap leases to another which might have a good deal on a lease here or there isn't quite the same.

Comparing a BMW lease to a Jag lease is not in the same ballpark, but yes, there are certain lease deals that can be had on Jag's tool. (Definitely still doesn't apply to the F Pace though. Need to give that some more time before Jag will incentivize moving those).

Old 08-25-2017 | 09:00 PM

I was shopping for a 2018 F-Pace a few weeks ago for SWMBO. Even with a $3k discount and fantastic money factor, it still wasn't a great deal.

The lease quote was $200 more than my F-Type, even though the MSRP was well below the F-Type. Gong to wait another year and see of the leases improve.

The Jag leases in general won't compare to BMW. BMW lease deals can be heavily subsidized.

Old 08-26-2017 | 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
The F-Pace is also a new model, a hot seller, and without a lot of stock available out there.
The F-Pace is on its 3rd model year now and in just my region I see 754 available. Plenty of stock and that new factor is gone.

You are right though in that Jaguar just doesn't offer up that good of leases compared to other brands. Jags plummet in value which hurts leases.

edb5020, I was going to suggest a PenFed payment saver loan but they are showing a 3 year residual on an F-Pace 35t Premium ($54k msrp) at only $28k. That leaves you with a payment of $782/mo. That's really poor.

Old 08-26-2017 | 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by LynxFX
The F-Pace is on its 3rd model year now and in just my region I see 754 available. Plenty of stock and that new factor is gone.

You are right though in that Jaguar just doesn't offer up that good of leases compared to other brands. Jags plummet in value which hurts leases.

edb5020, I was going to suggest a PenFed payment saver loan but they are showing a 3 year residual on an F-Pace 35t Premium ($54k msrp) at only $28k. That leaves you with a payment of $782/mo. That's really poor.
Thats not accurate, some Jag models lease better than others. Like the XE and F-Type. The others are similar to other luxury brands like Merc, BMW, and Audi.

Base XEs have residual values of around 60%, base f-types get 67%. The rest of the cars (xj, xf, f-pace) are ranging from 50% to 59%. For comparison, the XE has pretty similar residuals to a similar 3-series. The F-Type much has better residuals compared to the m3/m4. XJs have slightly worse residuals to the merc's S-Class and BMW's 7 series. But similar to Audi's A8.

50% to 59% is pretty standard, something that "plummets" in value is an Infiniti with almost all of their sedans in the 40% to 49% range.

Now the difference between Jag and the others is that Jaguar has the lowest interest rates by far. BMWs are somewhere around 3.5%, mercs range from 2.5% to 3.5%, and Jaguar has rates that are practically free money. 0.024% on some cars, and the highest observed being around 0.5%. Combine that with the great incentives from Jaguar, and the crazy discounts off MSRP that the dealers provide... and you get some of the best leasing cars on the market. And the cherry on top is that all your maintenance is covered by Jaguar's 5 year warranty, free of charge. Most other brands will charge you for scheduled maintenance.

So no, when you guys say Jag's don't lease well.... I'm not sure where you're getting your info from. Certain models like the F-Pace, and maybe the XF might not lease well. But the other models are exceptional leases. The F-Type is one of the best leasing cars in the market right now.

For example, I managed to get my 74k F-Type Premium for $615 a month pretax with zero money down and 15k miles a year. It was a combination of decent residual value, big discount from the dealer, Jaguar incentive cash, and low interest rate that I could get such a good deal.

If you still think Jag's don't lease well, let me know and I can teach you how to lease.

Last edited by bigdaddy; 08-26-2017 at 02:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
edb5020 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-26-2017 | 02:09 AM

I've heard of folks getting 2017 F-Paces for around $560 a month. However that was around 2 months ago. So it may not be possible anymore.

If you're looking at 2018s, I would suggest just waiting. Dealerships are not giving the discounts that would make it a good lease. Wait until they start offering 15% or more off the MSRP and Jaguar also throws in some lease incentives and you will be able to get a good deal. Otherwise look at a Macan or something. I've heard they are leasing well right now.

Old 08-29-2017 | 02:09 PM
|

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
Thats not accurate, some Jag models lease better than others. Like the XE and F-Type. The others are similar to other luxury brands like Merc, BMW, and Audi.

Base XEs have residual values of around 60%, base f-types get 67%. The rest of the cars (xj, xf, f-pace) are ranging from 50% to 59%. For comparison, the XE has pretty similar residuals to a similar 3-series. The F-Type much has better residuals compared to the m3/m4. XJs have slightly worse residuals to the merc's S-Class and BMW's 7 series. But similar to Audi's A8.

50% to 59% is pretty standard, something that "plummets" in value is an Infiniti with almost all of their sedans in the 40% to 49% range.

Now the difference between Jag and the others is that Jaguar has the lowest interest rates by far. BMWs are somewhere around 3.5%, mercs range from 2.5% to 3.5%, and Jaguar has rates that are practically free money. 0.024% on some cars, and the highest observed being around 0.5%. Combine that with the great incentives from Jaguar, and the crazy discounts off MSRP that the dealers provide... and you get some of the best leasing cars on the market. And the cherry on top is that all your maintenance is covered by Jaguar's 5 year warranty, free of charge. Most other brands will charge you for scheduled maintenance.

So no, when you guys say Jag's don't lease well.... I'm not sure where you're getting your info from. Certain models like the F-Pace, and maybe the XF might not lease well. But the other models are exceptional leases. The F-Type is one of the best leasing cars in the market right now.

For example, I managed to get my 74k F-Type Premium for $615 a month pretax with zero money down and 15k miles a year. It was a combination of decent residual value, big discount from the dealer, Jaguar incentive cash, and low interest rate that I could get such a good deal.

If you still think Jag's don't lease well, let me know and I can teach you how to lease.
I sent you a PM, sir! Just looking for your expert advice because I cannot get these dealers to budge.

Old 08-30-2017 | 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by edb5020
I sent you a PM, sir! Just looking for your expert advice because I cannot get these dealers to budge.
Bigdaddy is correct. In fact, I would venture that, with effort, some jags lease better than BMWs. Check out leasehacker.com. I stumbled across it after leasing my first car and before leasing my second. Mind blown. I got my $69k convertible for less than $450/month with tax, 3k out the door, 12k miles. Great Neck sent me lease offers on an XJL for something like 600/month, 3k out of pocket. Deals are out there. I would have jumped on that had I not also just leased an A6. F-pace doesn't lease great, but some are getting to 1%.

Old 09-02-2017 | 11:47 AM
|

Originally Posted by caviarjag
Bigdaddy is correct. In fact, I would venture that, with effort, some jags lease better than BMWs. Check out leasehacker.com. I stumbled across it after leasing my first car and before leasing my second. Mind blown. I got my $69k convertible for less than $450/month with tax, 3k out the door, 12k miles. Great Neck sent me lease offers on an XJL for something like 600/month, 3k out of pocket. Deals are out there. I would have jumped on that had I not also just leased an A6. F-pace doesn't lease great, but some are getting to 1%.
I have called so many dealers throughout the country and cannot get anywhere near 1%. That's after heavy negotiating the price on the car.

Does anyone have any tips on which dealers lease the jaguars the best, basically give the best deal?

Old 09-04-2017 | 01:11 PM
|

Just got this deal from the dealer. I had not made the purchase, but am considering.

MSRP: $68,480.
Selling Price: $66,200
Residual 54%
Miles per year: $10,000
Money Factor: .00029 (these have gone up since Augusts ridiculous rates at .00001)

Monthly Payment $842 + PA tax.

What do you think of this particular deal? I know it's outside the 1% rule, but with the current residuals, the lack of discounts, the lack of incentives, I really don't think it's possible to get any lower.

Let me know your thoughts!

Old 09-04-2017 | 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by edb5020
Just got this deal from the dealer. I had not made the purchase, but am considering.

MSRP: $68,480.
Selling Price: $66,200
Residual 54%
Miles per year: $10,000
Money Factor: .00029 (these have gone up since Augusts ridiculous rates at .00001)

Monthly Payment $842 + PA tax.

What do you think of this particular deal? I know it's outside the 1% rule, but with the current residuals, the lack of discounts, the lack of incentives, I really don't think it's possible to get any lower.

Let me know your thoughts!
how much upfront?

Old 09-05-2017 | 03:18 PM

If you want a good deal you gotta get a 2017 OP.

You will pay extra for the 2018 models. Guaranteed.