F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F type 2015 headlight bracket problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F type 2015 headlight bracket problems

Has anyone had a recent issue with the headlight bracket one of mine has snapped. Only done 8000 mies and i have no bodywork damage so it looks like a weak part.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Look for scuffed paint on the front bumper, and think about where it's been parked recently.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waxed the car last weekend and there is no scuff marks on the front thank you for the response

Old 05-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

It's not a stressed part. So the only way it would break is due to impact.

Birds, Deer, Elk, Pedestrians?

Old 05-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
It's not a stressed part. So the only way it would break is due to impact.

Birds, Deer, Elk, Pedestrians?
not necessarily true. The first gen xf had this problem where the tabs broke for no reason at all. Broke all the top tabs on both of mine in the first two years of ownership and the largest impact they ever had was my wash kit. It was a common issue well documented here and the dealer warrantied most cars, begrudgingly. That may not be the case here, but who knows.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by caviarjag
not necessarily true. The first gen xf had this problem where the tabs broke for no reason at all. Broke all the top tabs on both of mine in the first two years of ownership and the largest impact they ever had was my wash kit. It was a common issue well documented here and the dealer warrantied most cars, begrudgingly. That may not be the case here, but who knows.
as a matter of fact, the next set of headlights broke too and that was a title fight to get fixed. That and the sunroof rattle repair that included the greasy handprint mod kept me away from Jaguar until the current F type. New dealer opened near me and will be exclusively servicing there.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by caviarjag
They don't break without a reason. In this case misalignment perhaps.

Which is definitely a possibility based on the alignment of my car's bumper, bonnet and quarter panel compared to the official spec.

But then having been on the factory tour I realised that hitting production numbers was all the managers involved were interested in - as that was what they got assessed on.

Quantity clearly has a Quality all of its own. Only: you're making a low volume high value car...