F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type 2016 or Porsche Cayenne 2012 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-Pace 2016 or Porsche Cayenne 2012 ?

Hello,

I need to decide which car to buy, both are quite the same price, actually I have found 2 cars with the same mileage , each one costs 20.000 EURO. The difference between them is the year (2012 Porsche Cayenne and 2016 F-Pace) and the tremendous extra futures that Cayenne has (air suspension with multiple settings, ventilated seats front and back, panorama, heated seats both front and back, heated steering wheel, WEBASTO with remote). Also the initial price of the Porsche was 120.0000 EURO , while the Jaguar I think it was max 60.000 EURO , the Jaguar F-Pace have as extras leather interior and heated sets. One downside of the Porsche is the local yearly tax which is 400 EURO for 3.0L Diesel engine. The F-Pace has 2.0 Diesel engine ( 30 EURO yearly tax).

What car should I buy ? The exterior of the F-Pace is clearly more modern but the interior seems more elegant on Cayenne and the extra features costed a fortune. Both cars are very well maintained. Its simply incredible how much money is lost with the Cayenne , 100.000 EURO in 8 years !

Last edited by crossing; 07-25-2020 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by crossing
Hello,

I need to decide which car to buy, both are quite the same price, actually I have found 2 cars with the same mileage , each one costs 20.000 EURO. The difference between them is the year (2012 Porsche Cayenne and 2016 F-Pace) and the tremendous extra futures that Cayenne has (air suspension with multiple settings, ventilated seats front and back, panorama, heated seats both front and back, heated steering wheel, WEBASTO with remote). Also the initial price of the Porsche was 120.0000 EURO , while the Jaguar I think it was max 60.000 EURO , the Jaguar F-Pace have as extras leather interior and heated sets. One downside of the Porsche is the local yearly tax which is 400 EURO for 3.0L Diesel engine. The F-Pace has 2.0 Diesel engine ( 30 EURO yearly tax).

What car should I buy ? The exterior of the F-Pace is clearly more modern but the interior seems more elegant on Cayenne and the extra features costed a fortune. Both cars are very well maintained. Its simply incredible how much money is lost with the Cayenne , 100.000 EURO in 8 years !
Wrong forum for that question, I'm afraid. Quite a few of us here would never even consider owning an SUV. Try the F-Pace forum.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:54 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

This is the F Type forum, not the F Pace, but I'm sure one of the Moderators will move it for you. There's not a lot of action in the F Pace forum, so you may not get a lot of replies. My suggestion would be to test drive them both, then get the one you like more. Cars and features are very personal and can only really be answered by yourself. Weigh what is important to you and choose the one you keep looking back at after you park.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Quite a few of us here would never even consider owning an SUV. Try the F-Pace forum.
I feel attacked!

Old 07-25-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Weigh what is important to you and choose the one you keep looking back at after you park.
Well.. that only can lead to one car which is F-Pace..

Old 07-25-2020, 12:51 PM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I feel attacked!
You have an SVR model in BRG, that makes up for the fact that it's an SUV

The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (07-26-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 589 Likes on 402 Posts

For F-Pace (SUV) info, check out:

F-Pace Forum

Much more action than the F-Pace section here.

Meanwhile, in response to your question, owning both Jaguar and Porsche sports cars, we got a F-Pace-S for my wife.
If she were to replace it, it would be with a F-Pace SVR. (Of course, then I'd feel obligated to counter in the arms race and upgrade the F-Type-S.)

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
JacksonvilleJag (07-26-2020), Mbourne (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Well....I have too many cars, and do, in fact have an F-Type R, AND a Cayenne S (958 you are referring to 2010 - 2014). The Cayenne S is primarily my wife's. They are both awesome cars, however, I do not ever see a situation where I would be comparing them?

Cayenne S is a powerful and well built SUV, with Porsche quality and looks, and the F-Type is a two seater sports car. Two totally different cars, so will depend on what you want/like/need. Either one is great. And the interior on the Cayenne S is very nice...As is the F-Type R.

Can't go wrong, as I said, just depends on what you need and/or want in a car...As mentioned....wrong forum though....

DC

Oh....And PS : I do love the F-Pace R or SVR, so one of those may be in my future too

Last edited by Therock88; 07-25-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
They are both awesome cars, however, I do not ever see a situation where I would be comparing them?

Wrong title, I was referring to F-Pace.. so why do you think now ? Can this two cars be compared ? Which one would you choose ?

PS: Your Cayenne looks amazing , like new ! Is anyone actually drive the car ) ?

Old 07-25-2020, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by uncheel
For F-Pace (SUV) info, check out:

F-Pace Forum

Much more action than the F-Pace section here.

Meanwhile, in response to your question, owning both Jaguar and Porsche sports cars, we got a F-Pace-S for my wife.
If she were to replace it, it would be with a F-Pace SVR. (Of course, then I'd feel obligated to counter in the arms race and upgrade the F-Type-S.)
So you actually have the Cayenne 2012 right now ?

Old 07-25-2020, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I feel attacked!
Don’t feel attacked. I just never had a brood of rug rats to haul around. The concept of sport utility always seemed like a non sequitur to me. I own a sports car and a couple of utility vehicles (FJ 40 & K1500). The right tool for the right job. An SUV is like having an adjustable wrench with a hammerhead mounted on the handle.

JacksonvilleJag (07-26-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Wrong title, I was referring to F-Pace.. so why do you think now ? Can this two cars be compared ? Which one would you choose ?

PS: Your Cayenne looks amazing , like new ! Is anyone actually drive the car ) ?
Thanks. I honestly think they are both likely great SUV's. Do not have a F-Pace currently. Wife's is a 2012 958 Cayenne S V-8. It does still look new...When we go places where there is opportunity for damage, or longer distances, we take our Jeep Sahara Unlimited...Another good car in different ways Still think you cannot go wrong either way with F-Pace or Cayenne. I have 3 Porsches currently also, and will say the build quality, and durability seems higher on P-cars (I have had 20 + Porsches over time, so lots of experience). I think the F-Pace looks awesome.

Good luck!
DC

The Grocery getter and Snow buggy....Keeps the Cayenne S looking new(er).

Old 07-26-2020, 01:57 AM

I have 3 Porsches currently also (..) (I have had 20 + Porsches over time, so lots of experience).

I can see you are the wealthiest member on the forum having so many cars. If you afford them I'm sure that you have a huge business in US. Knowing that I can ask you a different matter if you want to help me. I'm 40 and married, I have 2 kids ( 10 an 13 years old), I live in a rented house where I pay $600/mo. My family income is $2500, ~$1800 are lost with the rent and monthly life costs, I' save $500-$700 every month. Over the time we managed to put aside $60.000. That is all the money that we have. We have and Audi A4 ( 2010 model) which is not enough for us, we need another car only to drive max 50km/day. Here the roads are quite bad, on my area there is no highway between the cities and the country is NR.1 in Europe when we talk about car accidents deaths, so we were thinking to buy a big SUV because its safer. Looking on my family financial state would it be a smart thing to spend 30% of our total savings on a car that would cost $10.000 in 4 years ? What would you do if you were in my situation ? Should I invest the money on a business/ buy a property(with 60k) and rent it for $300-$400/mo or buy the 'dream' car with the proper consequences ?

Last edited by crossing; 07-26-2020 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Don’t feel attacked. I just never had a brood of rug rats to haul around. The concept of sport utility always seemed like a non sequitur to me. I own a sports car and a couple of utility vehicles (FJ 40 & K1500). The right tool for the right job. An SUV is like having an adjustable wrench with a hammerhead mounted on the handle.
My rugrats are grown now, but the wife had gotten accustomed to all the space in SUVs. Her purses are much the same, throws everything in there! I think of her F Pace like an adjustable air impact with a jack hammer mounted on the handle! The SVRness of it keeps her from taking my car when she wants to feel sporty.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member

I can see you are the wealthiest member on the forum having so many cars. If you afford them I'm sure that you have a huge business in US. Knowing that I can ask you a different matter if you want to help me. I'm 40 and married, I have 2 kids ( 10 an 13 years old), I live in a rented house where I pay $600/mo. My family income is $2500, ~$1800 are lost with the rent and monthly life costs, I' save $500-$700 every month. Over the time we managed to put aside $60.000. That is all the money that we have. We have and Audi A4 ( 2010 model) which is not enough for us, we need another car only to drive max 50km/day. Here the roads are quite bad, on my area there is no highway between the cities and the country is NR.1 in Europe when we talk about car accidents deaths, so we were thinking to buy a big SUV because its safer. Looking on my family financial state would it be a smart thing to spend 30% of our total savings on a car that would cost $10.000 in 4 years ? What would you do if you were in my situation ? Should I invest the money on a business/ buy a property(with 60k) and rent it for $300-$400/mo or buy the 'dream' car with the proper consequences ?
Ha....I do not consider myself wealthy. I feel blessed and fortunate however. I also have children....(3) 14, 22, and 24 Y/O. I always save/saved and invested, for children's' school, house, retirement etc. first. And while I enjoy cars, those are absolutely a luxury and fully discretionary after everything else is taken care of (my opinion only, since you asked). I do not mean this in a disrespectful way, but rather in a helpful way. If I had any concerns about money or my level of current income, I would personally lean more towards a more economical and safe vehicle, as opposed to the brands like Porsche and/or Jaguar or others. There are plenty of very good, reliable brands that are much less expensive and would meet your needs per what you wrote above.

I personally would take the economical/less expensive route on the cars for now and continue to save for perhaps something more fun and nicer later. That is just my opinion, and we are all different, so you need to do what works for you. If you invest your extra, and it does well, you could later buy whatever you like and have no potential financial strain or worry.

Good luck with your search and decision point. I wish you and your family all the best.

DC

Old 07-26-2020, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

My advice, don't buy any luxury vehicle right now (whether car or SUV). Even an older one will have high maintenance cost even though the sale price is low. If you do have money, work with a financial advisor to invest it and buy something economical that can transport your family. 40 is not old so you have plenty of time to get a dream car.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:35 PM

Ha....I do not consider myself wealthy. I feel blessed and fortunate however. I also have children....(3) 14, 22, and 24 Y/O. I always save/saved and invested, for children's' school, house, retirement etc. first. And while I enjoy cars, those are absolutely a luxury and fully discretionary after everything else is taken care of (my opinion only, since you asked). I do not mean this in a disrespectful way, but rather in a helpful way. If I had any concerns about money or my level of current income, I would personally lean more towards a more economical and safe vehicle, as opposed to the brands like Porsche and/or Jaguar or others. There are plenty of very good, reliable brands that are much less expensive and would meet your needs per what you wrote above.

I personally would take the economical/less expensive route on the cars for now and continue to save for perhaps something more fun and nicer later. That is just my opinion, and we are all different, so you need to do what works for you. If you invest your extra, and it does well, you could later buy whatever you like and have no potential financial strain or worry.

Good luck with your search and decision point. I wish you and your family all the best.

DC
Thanks a lot, I think that many people make the wrong step like I was about to do, opening posts like mine without looking on their financial state. The thing is that my wife have a tremendous impact on me, she doesn't care about the savings, she never put one cent aside, her only plan is to live the life at the fullest and spend everything because 'we only have one life' as she keeps telling me. She always argue with me on why do I keep saving all this money instead of going on more trips (we already go 3 times/year). I keep telling her that we have no house of our own, that the kids would need money, and that this 60k are all the money that we have. Maybe the fact that all those money are savings from my earnings she doesn't care about it. When I opened the car subject she told that she would need a very good looking car (the SUV is for her) like Cayenne or F-Pace. Maybe I should lower the budget t0 50% (10K) and buy her a Volvo XC60.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mahjik
My advice, don't buy any luxury vehicle right now (whether car or SUV). Even an older one will have high maintenance cost even though the sale price is low. If you do have money, work with a financial advisor to invest it and buy something economical that can transport your family. 40 is not old so you have plenty of time to get a dream car.
Thanks.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:52 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahjik
40 is not old so you have plenty of time to get a dream car.
I'd dare to disagree. The way the green brigade is going you're unlikely to find any dream cars in a decade or so, so the time may be all you have. Buy now and hang the planet!

SinF (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Condition matters, but 2012 Cayenne is almost 10 years old. Even cars that are taken care of start requiring major work at around 8 year mark. Everything else equal, and I think F-Pace and Cayenne are about equal, buy a newer one.

Quick Reply: F-Type 2016 or Porsche Cayenne 2012 ?