Sponsored by:

F-Type - areas prone to stone chips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 08:26 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=tzoid9;2653874]
Originally Posted by JagFR
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Initially, I planned to install 15mm spacers on my vehicle. However, upon observing and listening to the potential risks of chips in the side area, I decided against it. In my opinion, a wide splash guard would not be a favorable addition to the F-type appearance.

I can well understand your concern with the appearance of the F type if splash guards (the ones that are wide enough to stick out a bit beyond the front tire) were installed. Attached is a picture of my last C7 Z06 with the wide splash guard. I was equally concerned when I had them installed until I got the car, saw it and the elimination of debris chipping in front of the rear wheel wells....can you see them in back of the front wheels? They were terrific! Sadly, no body makes the real deal wider guards for the F type.
C7 looks so sweet! For some reason, the C8 hasn’t grown on me.

I do see the splash guard, and it doesn’t look bad as black on black is not much noticeable. In fact, it probably gave it a wide body look.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:27 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing to remember that is an issue is what color your car is. Mine is white. The worst for PPF( light colors will have rhis problem)What happens is dirt gets trapped on the edge , you can't get it off, and then leaves a black line. Winter snow slush is rhe worst and your rocker panels and behind the wheel wells look nasty. Solution: Have them wrap the corners of your car with PPF so no edge is showing. Don't do a quarter of the hood. Wrap into your door sills. ( some places you cant but do the ones you can).
I went the other route and went OEM carbon fiber, vents, mirrors, Diffuser, front splitters, and SVR rear spoiler/wing and had them pre warp before instalation. And have all chrome wrapped in black.( doors and front surround) Took of my side PPF on the rockers( now I have skirts) because it was horrible trying to not have a black line. Haven't had a issue yet...except the 15k n carbon parts.