F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Better than a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default F-Type Better than a Porsche

From the Wall Street Journal. I can't help but agree.

Jaguar F-Type Review: A Sports Car Better Than Porsche? - WSJ.com

Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I would agree...

I would agree too, except that everyone else, or should I say, pretty much every head-to-head video on youtube, gives the win to the 911, Cayman, or Boxster.

That's what has my head spinning, because I've been trying to decide between a Carrera S or an F-Type V8. When it comes to looks, torque, and thrill factor, the Jag wins hands down. But the 911 has the edge on everything else: handling, name-brand, resale value, storage space, and interior fit and finish...

So I'm waiting for the new Corvette to come out. :-) Maybe that will turn out better than these two and for a lot less money too! We'll see. I wish all my problems were this great.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Depends

Depends on the car and the configuration. For instance in the ultimate drivers car challenge the only cars that beat the F-Type were 4 wheel drive, granted one was a Porsche but one that was substantially more expensive. However, the new Corvette, on value, is one sweet ride and will clearly give our Jags a run for the money. However, if you want exclusivity, there'll be thousands of Vette's but very few F-Types. I was as a CMO party in Silicon Valley this week and they parked my car front and center so everyone could check it out. That's often worth the price of admission.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
Depends on the car and the configuration. For instance in the ultimate drivers car challenge the only cars that beat the F-Type were 4 wheel drive, granted one was a Porsche but one that was substantially more expensive. However, the new Corvette, on value, is one sweet ride and will clearly give our Jags a run for the money. However, if you want exclusivity, there'll be thousands of Vette's but very few F-Types. I was as a CMO party in Silicon Valley this week and they parked my car front and center so everyone could check it out. That's often worth the price of admission.
Oh YEAH!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by alvaro1728
I would agree too, except that everyone else, or should I say, pretty much every head-to-head video on youtube, gives the win to the 911, Cayman, or Boxster.

That's what has my head spinning, because I've been trying to decide between a Carrera S or an F-Type V8. When it comes to looks, torque, and thrill factor, the Jag wins hands down. But the 911 has the edge on everything else: handling, name-brand, resale value, storage space, and interior fit and finish...

So I'm waiting for the new Corvette to come out. :-) Maybe that will turn out better than these two and for a lot less money too! We'll see. I wish all my problems were this great.
I have quite a few posts on the 981 Forum as well. Those cars also have their share of issues with the PDK (Dual Clutch Trans) being my biggest concern. That is one reason, I'm still considering the F Type with the 8 speed Torque converter. Both great cars, and yes the Porsche has it's fans with handling and better resale value. The F Type will likely be more of a rare siting, at least for awhile.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was actually negotiating on a 2012 CPO Carrera S with all the performance options (w/1,100 miles) and my wife prompted me to look at the F-type (She's a Jag and rag top fan) so it was hard to justify paying $6K more for the 911 when the F-type clearly had better curb appeal and I felt equal or better performance.

Very happy with the decision, even though I had planned on the 911 all along right up until the day I put a deposit on the Jag.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As a new owner of a F-Type V8S, all I can say is - Porsche Who????? And that's coming from a Porsche owner since 2000 (911 Turbo, GT3 RS, Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Transsyberia, Cayman S & Boxster Spyder)!!!! So, I have had my share of Porsche vehicles, but this Jag is one "fine speciman"!!!!! And wait till they have a few model cycles to really get it right!!!!!!!!!!! Porsche has had over 50 years to perfect the 911, Jag has only had 6 months of sales to fight back!!!!!! That alone tells you that Jag has the car to beat!!!!!!! Wait till Jag starts racing the F-Type in the AMLS/Rolex series and in GT racing, will see what all the "haters" say when Jag starts bringing home the trophy's!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Cheers to Jag, well done!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryTheBanker
As a new owner of a F-Type V8S, all I can say is - Porsche Who????? And that's coming from a Porsche owner since 2000 (911 Turbo, GT3 RS, Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Transsyberia, Cayman S & Boxster Spyder)!!!! So, I have had my share of Porsche vehicles, but this Jag is one "fine speciman"!!!!! And wait till they have a few model cycles to really get it right!!!!!!!!!!! Porsche has had over 50 years to perfect the 911, Jag has only had 6 months of sales to fight back!!!!!! That alone tells you that Jag has the car to beat!!!!!!! Wait till Jag starts racing the F-Type in the AMLS/Rolex series and in GT racing, will see what all the "haters" say when Jag starts bringing home the trophy's!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! Cheers to Jag, well done!!!!!!!
Its a lovely car, I agree, but where do you put your lunchbox when you go to work ? The trunk space is so abysmal that this has to be the one feature of the E-type they have definitely carried over to the new F-type.