F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F type coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey all--I just sat in an F-Type R coupe yesterday and was so disappointed in the comfort of the seat! I am 6'1" and there is a hump in the seat that hits me between my shoulders! It seems that the cushioning for the head rest is too low.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? My R coupe is apparently at least 30 days out (ordered early Feb.) and now I am having second thoughts.
Also, the exhaust seems to be more quiet than the V8S convertible I drove. Another disappointment. HOWEVER, the R coupe was amazingly good looking in person! I have ultimate black on order, but this one was red.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
Hey all--I just sat in an F-Type R coupe yesterday and was so disappointed in the comfort of the seat! I am 6'1" and there is a hump in the seat that hits me between my shoulders! It seems that the cushioning for the head rest is too low.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? My R coupe is apparently at least 30 days out (ordered early Feb.) and now I am having second thoughts.
Also, the exhaust seems to be more quiet than the V8S convertible I drove. Another disappointment. HOWEVER, the R coupe was amazingly good looking in person! I have ultimate black on order, but this one was red.

Sitting in the car doesn't have the same feel and seems to exaggerate things more than when you are driving one. I would ask the dealer to let you test drive one if you have concerns.

As far as the exhaust note seeming to be more quiet, others have mentioned that. I wonder if it actually more quiet or whether the cabin on the coupe makes it sound more quiet than the convertible.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

That is the head bolster of the performance seats. I have complained about the same in my Xkr-s. However I must say that I also have now gotten used to it and do not find it so uncomfortable that I notice it anymore.

The following users liked this post:
gotwish (05-04-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

That's good to know that eventually the hump becomes a non-issue.

As far as the sound, I wonder if the parts department will be able to re-create the V8S sound in an R-type?

Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
I had wondered if the seats would be too stiff to be comfortable on a long drive. I am 5'10", so not as tall as you, but I got to drive the R yesterday and thought it the seats felt great. The dealer got a 6S coupe and the R coupe in, both black. Driving the R definitely made me more impatient for my order to arrive. 4 weeks to go

Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jleuz1
Sitting in the car doesn't have the same feel and seems to exaggerate things more than when you are driving one. I would ask the dealer to let you test drive one if you have concerns.

As far as the exhaust note seeming to be more quiet, others have mentioned that. I wonder if it actually more quiet or whether the cabin on the coupe makes it sound more quiet than the convertible.
A fair few of the reviews have noted that Jaguar did adjust the exhaust on the coupe and that it's not designed to be as loud as the convertible. I'm a convertible guy anyway, but the noise is so much of what makes the car what it is - it just sounds so thrilling when you're on it, and it's never more thrilling than when you have the roof down. I do wish there was a stealth mode to avoid loud startups when you have to leave early in the morning, but this car really is one of the best sounding cars on the market.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
That is the head bolster of the performance seats. I have complained about the same in my Xkr-s. However I must say that I also have now gotten used to it and do not find it so uncomfortable that I notice it anymore.
I'm 6'2", and noticed tge same thing at first. Like the others, I've gotten used to it and find the seats very comfortable on both of drives and at the track. Don't worry, the grow on you.

The following users liked this post:
gotwish (05-05-2014)