F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-type coupe almost too beautiful!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Default F-type coupe almost too beautiful!

Hey guys, so I've had my car for a few days now and I can't stop admiring it. In 3 days I've put 500 miles on it and even when I'm not driving it, I'll go down to the garage and just admire it. Its almost too beautiful for words.

I've seen strangers stop, stare and point at it. Yesterday a couple stopped in the middle of the street while crossing it, to pull out their phone and take a picture. Don't buy this car if you don't like the attraction and random questions from them. Like this family that walked all the way over to me at the grocery store and asked if it was a Ferrari!

Here's my problem and you guys might think its silly. Its almost too beautiful sometimes and I sometimes feel guilty driving it. Its the only Ftype I'm likely to see in the Seattle area and this place is full of hippies driving Subarus, so almost anywhere I go in the city and park my car it just stands out. Its almost like driving around with a giant "LOOK AT ME" sign which probably wouldnt happen down in California but happens way too much in Seattle. I'm 35 and this is my only car and will be my daily driver. Do any of you guys feel the same way or am I just too paranoid that someone is going to key it/call me an ******* etc etc which wouldnt happen in a "normal" car.

Last edited by f_in_seattle; 05-12-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Car does get a lot of attention. Just drive it in normal mode so it doesn't make all the noise and you'll be ok

Old 05-12-2015, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Yes, the attention takes a bit of getting used to.

Just enjoy it - you are driving the most beautiful car in Seattle now!

Old 05-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

It's only a car f_in-seattle - albiet a stunning one at that - and, yes, it inherently has that "look at me" (and/or "listen to me") quality. One of my friends recently said it best, that I didn't get the car for others to look at me but because I love it so much. In other words, I don't care whether people look at me in my car or not.

As far as "keying" goes - and who-knows-what-else - while it's always a possibility (hence my statement that it's only a car) you can't live in paranoia that something might happen. S%$6 happens.

Enjoy the ride and Carpe Diem!!!

Congratulations again.

Best regards,
Jay

The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
burnie (05-12-2015), Bzliteyear (05-14-2015), slojotaa (05-16-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
..... didn't get the car for others to look at
Jay, I'm with your friend on this one. What I have always enjoyed most about a great looking or cool vehicle, is that I always want to turn back and look at it as I'm walking away.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Let's face it, the F-Type is a work of art, rolling art, and like any great work of art - or a beautiful woman - it's something to be appreciated, admired and gazed upon.

COINCIDENTALLY...I just glanced at my television at work (sound always off) and there was a Jaguar F-Type commercial with the tag-line: Jaguar, The Art of Performance. I've never seen that before - even before I wrote the above - and boy oh boy do I miss the tag-line: It's Good To Be Bad" and the Villians!!!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-12-2015 at 09:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
OzRisk (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Get and in car security camera, so if someone does mess with it, you will have them on video. There are ******** everywhere, people in CA, key nice cars too, so your not totally secure anywhere. Get an old cheap truck or car, for trips to the store etc., that way you have no worries.

Congrats on the beautiful car, and enjoy it.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Sometimes I feel like an a-hole driving it because I know it's unbelievably attractive compared to the surrounding vehicles, but I've been getting better at being ok with it. It's not my fault the car I love so much is so nice and eyecatching. The other day I took my "beater" to go food shopping thinking to keep it away from the parking lot and not being that guy who drives an f type to a food store........but then I see this fancy new porsche parked there and I'm like "F*** it, I'm driving my f type next time" just because why should I deny my happiness for fear of disapproval from others. Lifes too short and if they could do it, they would too.

f_in_seattle (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

no guilt trip here .... all earned and paid for ....

The following 2 users liked this post by Schwabe:
burnie (05-12-2015), OzRisk (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
no guilt trip here .... all earned and paid for ....
I live in Orange County, CA (aka "The OC") where there are a bunch of high end cars and get stares and compliments all the time. I notice people in my rear view mirror taking pictures. Although..even though I'm only 32...it attracts attention from a much older age demographic. Cougars aren't my thing..yet. lol.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

I love dirving my 'R', but it is the a**hats that pull really close to the back of the car at stop signs and stop lights really annoy me and I guess that is their objective. I would pull forward to prevent getting read-ended if they aren't paying attention, but they then pull forward even closer. This is why I love driving the backroads on the weekend where the a**hats don't roam as much.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

It's quite funny, I hang out at a particular club in Dallas. I've been a regular for years, and some of the employees and in particular the bar tender know me well. Prior to the F-Type I never valeted my car there. The only reason I valet now is because the "regular parking lot is "out back" and not all that secure.

Ever since I first pulled up in the F-Type, the valets, doorman, bouncers, and even management always make a point to greet me and make sure everything is going well. I haven't spent a penny more than in the past nor changed any of my habits, just rolled up in a beautiful new car. What's even more impressive is the valet guys all getting excited when I pull up because I have the only F-Type they've seen. The few regulars with the Ferrari, Lambo, and even McLaren are all pretty "common" now.

I will enjoy it while I can.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
Hey guys, so I've had my car for a few days now and I can't stop admiring it. In 3 days I've put 500 miles on it and even when I'm not driving it, I'll go down to the garage and just admire it. Its almost too beautiful for words.

I've seen strangers stop, stare and point at it. Yesterday a couple stopped in the middle of the street while crossing it, to pull out their phone and take a picture. Don't buy this car if you don't like the attraction and random questions from them. Like this family that walked all the way over to me at the grocery store and asked if it was a Ferrari!

Here's my problem and you guys might think its silly. Its almost too beautiful sometimes and I sometimes feel guilty driving it. Its the only Ftype I'm likely to see in the Seattle area and this place is full of hippies driving Subarus, so almost anywhere I go in the city and park my car it just stands out. Its almost like driving around with a giant "LOOK AT ME" sign which probably wouldnt happen down in California but happens way too much in Seattle. I'm 35 and this is my only car and will be my daily driver. Do any of you guys feel the same way or am I just too paranoid that someone is going to key it/call me an ******* etc etc which wouldnt happen in a "normal" car.
From the responses you've received you can see that others share at least some of your concerns.

For me, I do get tired of the attention itself, but don't really think about others judging me for working my tail off so that I can afford luxury goods.

Taking care were I park is a definite issue for me as I do want to minimize the keying/damage possibilities. Actually I have yet to have a Jaguar damaged by anyone (third Jag) however, two example of badly keyed Jags at my dealer over the last few years does make me very careful.

Seems like you are loving the car .. just as I do.. enjoy and best of luck.
Lawrence.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member

If you want to feel like an a-hole, do what I do...put it in dynamic mode and drive in 2nd gear around town. Make sure you accel/decel from every stop light. I'm positive a lot of people think I'm a d-bag when they hear me, but who cares! End of the day, everybody goes back/on with their lives...do what makes you happy.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Also, this should make you feel better...99% of people are not remotely interested in cars. They probably don't even notice you. I'm serious. Most people are so busy with their own lives they are not really paying attention and/or just don't care. Driving a Camry or a Ferrari or an F-Type just doesn't register with the vast majority of people. It's like a guy who wears designer clothing or a $20K watch...most people just don't care/don't know/ignore it. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, people don't care about you :-)

Old 05-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Everything is fixable up to totaling, so drive car!

Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Also, this should make you feel better...99% of people are not remotely interested in cars. They probably don't even notice you. I'm serious. Most people are so busy with their own lives they are not really paying attention and/or just don't care. Driving a Camry or a Ferrari or an F-Type just doesn't register with the vast majority of people. It's like a guy who wears designer clothing or a $20K watch...most people just don't care/don't know/ignore it. One thing I've learned as I've gotten older, people don't care about you :-)
Exactly right!

If you're worrying about what other people think, you're worrying for no reason because the vast majority of the time they're not. This truism applies unless, of course, you're the type that shoots ahead of a queue waiting for a turn or exit and cuts in at the front of the line, in which case you deserve whatever wrath comes your way.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-12-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Environmental Anonymity breeds vandalism:Social Psychology of Good & Evil

Mulmur (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Las Vegas is the capital of " people care " especially on weekends. There are more high end retail here than our size would suggest. Been looking for that $500,000 Richard Mille watch? We have it available in several locations! Looking at the woman, well worth doing, you would think Louis Vuitton and Christian Louboutin $700 pumps were a woman's birthright, of course not my wife she deserves anything she needs (in case she reads this).

Old 05-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

I spend lots of time admiring mine too and it's fun to wash. 2 Quotes sum it up for me:

"“The Brits really seem to nail the "car of the people" thing better than anyone else. In a Ferrari or Porsche, you're a dick. In a Jaaag or an Aston, you're a working man who has done well for himself, and everyone loves it. They're beautiful without being ostentatious. I don't think white is the best shade, but... damn the coupes are painfully sexy.” (comment on Jalopnik)
Why The Jaguar F-Type Coupe Is An Even Better Drive Than The 'Vert

And Jeremy Clarkson:

“The interior then is nicely thought out, but it is nothing compared to the exterior. I think this is one of the best looking cars ever made. So, it’s beautiful, and mad and thrilling and loud and there’s more…the chassis is epic, and so are the brakes and so’s the steering . And you’ve got tons of lock, so if you do get it out of shape, it’s easy to get it back again. In many ways it puts me in mind of a BMW M3 and that is, that is high praise. Except it’s not a BMW, it’s a Jag.”

Mulmur (05-13-2015)

Quick Reply: F-type coupe almost too beautiful!