F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type Coupe Ordered 6-6-2014

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Cool F Type Coupe Ordered 6-6-2014

So excited I just had to share my good news!

Specs:
Base Coupe
Premium Pkg
Vision Pkg
Climate Pkg
Active Sports Exhaust
Interior Black Pack
Performance seats w/ leather upgrade
Power Lift Gate
HD/Sat Radio
Configurable Ambient Lighting
Panoramic Roof
Stratus Gray - Cirrus w/ Jet Stitching Interior - Stone Gray Headliner
20" Tornado Wheels

The following users liked this post:
jleuz1 (06-08-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats!

When do you take delivery? I think for Alabama the car will come in through the port of brunswick.

You could probably go pick it up in person and drive it home. That would be a great experience.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Thanks pitiful!
I haven't been given the estimated arrival time yet. Expect that soon.
The only down side is trading my 2013 XK Coupe Portfolio.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I would have a hard time letting go of that beauty. From what I hear about the F-type, it should be one hell of a car!

Scotty66 (06-08-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 11:13 PM

So I've been told.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Ordered mine 5/24...haven't gotten a date from the dealer yet. Anyone know how long that usually takes?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Ordered mine 5/24...haven't gotten a date from the dealer yet. Anyone know how long that usually takes?
90 days is the timeframe.

PD2911 (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Ask them to print out a system order sheet for you. It's a good reference to have anyway cos it shows in great detail everything you ordered.

It has commit date, expected and actual build date, last change date, expected delivery date, etc.

Mine was scheduled to build 2 weeks from order, finished in another 2 weeks, then 5 weeks for transportation to California.
About 70 days total. I got an early build date because I got a dealer who already had an order they were able to modify.

PD2911 (06-11-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 05:40 AM

Thanks. He did email me the Configured Vehicle Specification Sheet. It gives me (in great detail) everything I ordered, the order number & date but not expected build date or expected delivery date.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 AM

There's also an Order sheet (different from the Spec sheet) that shows the estimated delivery date. The order sheet eventually gets updated when an actual VIN number is assigned, and the same system shows when the factory build is complete, when its put on the boat... My salesman sent me an update when mine shipped, and it updated the ETA for delivery to June 27. Thats about 95 days from when the order was input into the system.

Last edited by ungineer; 06-12-2014 at 07:03 AM.
PD2911 (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Thanks. How soon is that available after the order is placed?

Old 06-12-2014, 09:19 AM

Thanks. How soon is that available after the order is placed?
It was immediate. My dealer emailed me both documents as soon as he input the order.

PD2911 (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM

"we dont get that until a month or so out..the eta is 8/28.. usually close to their target plus or minus a few days..." His text to me today.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations! One day I hope to be in the same situation as well! Wish you many miles of **** eating grin motoring!!

Dremorg (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

"we dont get that until a month or so out..the eta is 8/28.. usually close to their target plus or minus a few days..." His text to me today.
Sounds like certifiable bulls**t to me. I think (but I might be wrong) the order sheet is available from the same Jaguar Land Rover Vista system they use to input the order in the first place.

Some possibilities:
1. He may be referring to not having a build slot available yet. If this is the case, then there will be no planned build date or estimated delivery date on the order sheet and unfortunately it means you are at the back of the queue and it may take a long while. This is unlikely though.

2. He may not know how to print the order sheet, or not know how to print and scan it for you. That's just laziness

3. (more likely) He doesn't have access to the order system and doesn't want to ask his boss. Not all sales reps have access to the system (for example, mine has to ask her boss to print for her). If you really want the order sheet you might be able to get in touch with his manager and have them print the sheet.

I would recommend getting the sheet, partly because it's interesting car ****, but also because dealers do make mistakes and the sheet shows in great detail what you've ordered.
Also, it's a "living document" so it will be updated as the car goes through the build line. For example, my final production order sheet looks slightly different from the initial sheet, because Jaguar changed the names of some of its parts. It records the actual production and ship dates, so if you need to refer to these later on (e.g. for recalls or whatever) it's sometimes useful to have the production dates as well as your VIN.

Last edited by schraderade; 06-12-2014 at 02:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by schraderade:
Dremorg (06-12-2014), PD2911 (07-09-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 02:25 PM

Congrats! The ETA on mine was 6/21 the day the order was submitted. Sometime after the VIN was assigned (which we didn't check for that update until the 2nd month), the eta was revised to 6/27. It will float around a bit for everyone I'm sure.

PD2911 (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
It records the actual production and ship dates, so if you need to refer to these later on (e.g. for recalls or whatever) it's sometimes useful to have the production dates as well as your VIN.
Speaking of ship dates, these sites are kinda fun as you sit impatiently waiting for the new toy to arrive:

Once you have a VIN number and its put on a ship for delivery, put your VIN number in the "Cargo ID" box and hit Track.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

And if you're really antsy, take the Vessel's IMO number from the first page and search for it here, so you can see where the vessel is on a map

VesselFinder : Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic

(Downside is the vessel will only show on these sites if its within radio range of the coast. Some sites will show you satellite position anywhere for a price). My Cargo hauler just reached radio range of the Eastern seaboard today! (Not that I'm overly antsy for its arrival or anything )

The following 4 users liked this post by ungineer:
buickfunnycar.com (06-23-2014), Dremorg (06-12-2014), Lovemonet (09-14-2014), PD2911 (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 04:05 PM

Thanx fellas...I appreciate all the input.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
Sounds like certifiable bulls**t to me. I think (but I might be wrong) the order sheet is available from the same Jaguar Land Rover Vista system they use to input the order in the first place.

Some possibilities:
1. He may be referring to not having a build slot available yet. If this is the case, then there will be no planned build date or estimated delivery date on the order sheet and unfortunately it means you are at the back of the queue and it may take a long while. This is unlikely though.

2. He may not know how to print the order sheet, or not know how to print and scan it for you. That's just laziness

3. (more likely) He doesn't have access to the order system and doesn't want to ask his boss. Not all sales reps have access to the system (for example, mine has to ask her boss to print for her). If you really want the order sheet you might be able to get in touch with his manager and have them print the sheet.

I would recommend getting the sheet, partly because it's interesting car ****, but also because dealers do make mistakes and the sheet shows in great detail what you've ordered.
Also, it's a "living document" so it will be updated as the car goes through the build line. For example, my final production order sheet looks slightly different from the initial sheet, because Jaguar changed the names of some of its parts. It records the actual production and ship dates, so if you need to refer to these later on (e.g. for recalls or whatever) it's sometimes useful to have the production dates as well as your VIN.
I love that part of your post!!

Old 06-12-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ungineer
Speaking of ship dates, these sites are kinda fun as you sit impatiently waiting for the new toy to arrive:

Once you have a VIN number and its put on a ship for delivery, put your VIN number in the "Cargo ID" box and hit Track.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

And if you're really antsy, take the Vessel's IMO number from the first page and search for it here, so you can see where the vessel is on a map

VesselFinder : Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic

(Downside is the vessel will only show on these sites if its within radio range of the coast. Some sites will show you satellite position anywhere for a price). My Cargo hauler just reached radio range of the Eastern seaboard today! (Not that I'm overly antsy for its arrival or anything )
Thanks for those links! I will find my OCD self having a lot of fun with those in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: F Type Coupe Ordered 6-6-2014