Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type Coupe Ordered 6-6-2014

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
So excited I just had to share my good news!

Specs:
Base Coupe
Premium Pkg
Vision Pkg
Climate Pkg
Active Sports Exhaust
Interior Black Pack
Performance seats w/ leather upgrade
Power Lift Gate
HD/Sat Radio
Configurable Ambient Lighting
Panoramic Roof
Stratus Gray - Cirrus w/ Jet Stitching Interior - Stone Gray Headliner
20" Tornado Wheels
That little lot has to be more expensive than the S?

Did you test drive a base model with bigger than standard wheels? I did, and the ride seemed a bit jittery. Admittedly this was in comparison with the V8 I also drove ("Would you like to compare it with the V8?" "Okay...").

What's included in the premium package - it doesn't appear to be an Option in the UK.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
That little lot has to be more expensive than the S?

Did you test drive a base model with bigger than standard wheels? I did, and the ride seemed a bit jittery. Admittedly this was in comparison with the V8 I also drove ("Would you like to compare it with the V8?" "Okay...").

What's included in the premium package - it doesn't appear to be an Option in the UK.
Actually is was a few thousand dollars cheaper. The special allocation did not come available when my dealer thought so my order has not been made. Still waiting on the new slot. Due to that I have changed my order to different specs. Here is the info on the Premium Package from the Jag USA website :
PREMIUM PACK
A comprehensive suite of features that includes enhanced luxury and technology. Seat comfort is enhanced with 14-way power-adjustable seats. The memory function for the driver's seat also recalls positions for the power-adjustable steering column, and auto-dimming and power-folding exterior mirrors. The Jaguar Smart Key System™ adds Keyless entry functionality in addition to the standard Keyless start. Dual-zone automatic climate control allows the driver and passenger to set separate thermostats, and an air-quality sensor automatically selects the recirculate function when it senses outside air pollution. Also included are a programmable garage door opener for increased convenience at home, and Valet Mode, which locks out trunk and glovebox access for increased security when leaving your car with parking attendants. On the F-TYPE Convertible, additional lockable interior storage is added between the seats and a wind deflector mounts between the rollover protection system. The Premium Pack also includes the Climate Pack, which features heated seats and a heated steering wheel. Pack content varies by model.

Available on:
• F-TYPE ($3,000)
• F-TYPE S ($2,600)
• F-TYPE V8 S ($800)

Old 06-22-2014, 08:41 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,107 Likes on 1,407 Posts

I love the keyless entry, and the heated steering wheel is great, here in the northeast. I would have gotten the wind deflector anyway, and wanted the garage door opener, so the Premium Pack worked well for me.

Plus, the memory seats are useful, since all your friends will want to take it for a spin.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
I love the keyless entry, and the heated steering wheel is great, here in the northeast. I would have gotten the wind deflector anyway, and wanted the garage door opener, so the Premium Pack worked well for me.

Plus, the memory seats are useful, since all your friends will want to take it for a spin.
On the seat memory do you have to keep pressing down on the button until it reaches the setting? On my XK you have to do this. I'm hoping the F-Type is press and release.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:10 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,107 Likes on 1,407 Posts

I think you have to hold it down, but I'm not sure. Haven't used it much.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911

On the seat memory do you have to keep pressing down on the button until it reaches the setting? On my XK you have to do this. I'm hoping the F-Type is press and release.
No. Its One touch/press and release. My mb was like that (had to hold it down) and it drove me crazy,

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (06-22-2014)
Old 06-22-2014, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by spinningbull
No. Its One touch/press and release. My mb was like that (had to hold it down) and it drove me crazy,
Oh, good! It is stupid to have to hold the button until the seat is I place. Both my XKs have been that way. The XF isn't. I'm still disappointed that the F-Type doesn't have voice activation features like my XF does. I deal with the phone in my XK, but it so behind the technology curve.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ungineer
Speaking of ship dates, these sites are kinda fun as you sit impatiently waiting for the new toy to arrive:

Once you have a VIN number and its put on a ship for delivery, put your VIN number in the "Cargo ID" box and hit Track.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

And if you're really antsy, take the Vessel's IMO number from the first page and search for it here, so you can see where the vessel is on a map

VesselFinder : Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic

(Downside is the vessel will only show on these sites if its within radio range of the coast. Some sites will show you satellite position anywhere for a price). My Cargo hauler just reached radio range of the Eastern seaboard today! (Not that I'm overly antsy for its arrival or anything )

Great info ungineer...thanks for sharing!

Old 06-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ungineer
Speaking of ship dates, these sites are kinda fun as you sit impatiently waiting for the new toy to arrive:

Once you have a VIN number and its put on a ship for delivery, put your VIN number in the "Cargo ID" box and hit Track.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

And if you're really antsy, take the Vessel's IMO number from the first page and search for it here, so you can see where the vessel is on a map

VesselFinder : Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic

(Downside is the vessel will only show on these sites if its within radio range of the coast. Some sites will show you satellite position anywhere for a price). My Cargo hauler just reached radio range of the Eastern seaboard today! (Not that I'm overly antsy for its arrival or anything )
Has anyone else been able to track their car via these sites? My car should be here in 3 weeks according to Jaguar's dealer report but the site above doesn't return any records for my VIN.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey PD2911, did you get you ETA yet?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Hey PD2911, did you get you ETA yet?
No, still waiting for my allocation to become available. The GM at the dealership thought he had a special allocation coming in June, but that did not happen. The Regional Manager has promised I get the next one for the South East Region.

so, I wait.....

Old 06-30-2014, 06:48 PM

Yeah I hear you. I ordered mine 5/24 & haven't heard anything as of yet myself.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Have you tried prodding the sales manager to see if s/he can find a slot to trade with another dealer? Dealers do this all the time I think.
It seems crazy that you've waited this long just to get a production slot. Your dealership may not be doing a very good job?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
Have you tried prodding the sales manager to see if s/he can find a slot to trade with another dealer? Dealers do this all the time I think.
It seems crazy that you've waited this long just to get a production slot. Your dealership may not be doing a very good job?
Dealer trades happen all the time but chances are, he'll want another F-Type coupe in trade so unless they have one to give, they ain't getting.

Another option is to change one they already have in the system to your specs if it's not too far along.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Dealer trades happen all the time but chances are, he'll want another F-Type coupe in trade so unless they have one to give, they ain't getting.
Yup. But dealers will trade a near-term slot for a long-term slot if they can't fill.
PD2911....if your dealer doesn't have any slots to trade you may want to insist on a deposit refund and see if other dealers have slots they can fill and match your price on.

PD2911 (06-30-2014)
Old 06-30-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by schraderade
Yup. But dealers will trade a near-term slot for a long-term slot if they can't fill.
PD2911....if your dealer doesn't have any slots to trade you may want to insist on a deposit refund and see if other dealers have slots they can fill and match your price on.
The GM has spoken with the Regional Rep and he told him he should have me a slot any day. If I don't have something this week, then I might have to look elsewhere.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Yeah I hear you. I ordered mine 5/24 & haven't heard anything as of yet myself.
Are you sure the dealer has submitted your order to JLR? Seems from what I read others are getting an ETA when JLR accepts the order.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 PM

Used the tracking site that Ungineer gave us. My car was loaded on the vessel in Liverpool 7/7. Scheduled to be in Baltimore Md on 7/20. On its way to daddy! Lol

Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 PM

Cool! That will get it you by the end of the month???

Old 07-15-2014, 08:08 PM

Yes. ETA is the 27th.

PD2911 (07-15-2014)

Quick Reply: F Type Coupe Ordered 6-6-2014