Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring

Found this in the German automotive press:
Jaguar F-Type Coupé: Erster Blick auf den geschlossenen Sportler - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT

Thought some might be interested in the pictures.

The articel states, that they are likely to offer the coupe also with the 240 hp four-cylinder from the LR Freelander, but are apparently also considering a R-S Version with around 700 hp, taking elements from the turbine engine in the C-X75.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Don't spreckensie the linguidi but the pictures were cool...

Now it will be difficult for me to stay away from that coupe...especially if they do put out a 700hp version...

Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

It's hard to tell from the photos, but I don't think the F-Type's rear end lends itself well to a coupe. The roadster (with the top down) looks much better.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
It's hard to tell from the photos, but I don't think the F-Type's rear end lends itself well to a coupe. The roadster (with the top down) looks much better.
Looks pretty good to me!

More pics...

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sp...ing-61644.html

Attached Thumbnails F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring-f_type_coupe_2.jpg  

Last edited by rscultho; 06-24-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

I just think the rear wheel arches are essential to the overall look of the car (and its connection to Jaguars of the past), and the coupe really downplays them.

Attached Thumbnails F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring-fdx0127_jaguar_3ot0qnww6.jpg.jpg   F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring-jaguar-c-type-2.jpg   F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring-1966-jaguar-xj13-3.jpg   F-Type Coupe tested on the Nurburgring-jaguar-e-type-rear-three-quarter-red-1024x640.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

coupe or convertible - that is one sexy cat!!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Love the coupe version, but I'm not sure it looks any better from the side view than our current XK/XKR coupes.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by v8cat
Love the coupe version, but I'm not sure it looks any better from the side view than our current XK/XKR coupes.
It's very similar for sure...the side views also remind me of an AM Vantage.

Have read the rumors of a 700Bhp version...the F Type is supposed to be pure sportscar; I was and am surprised it did not get more ponies under the hood. While the handling/performance exceeds that of our "GT" cars in some ways, the car is only 300lbs lighter and has less horsepower than the XKR.

I would have thought it would have gotten at least the 550bhp the XKR-S has.

I am sure the car will evolve as it's life matures. We'll see what later models get as far as hp and other performance improvements are concerned.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

I love the car but have come to accept that l need and want a bit of extra space with my performance and luxury. And there still isn't a better car for that than the XKR/RS. Not sure if the stretched proportions of the up-coming XK redesign will lose the "sports" in sports GT, but I'd be happy if they kept the XK in its current 2+2 configuration, and a stretched 2+2 for those needing a more usable back seat like the Gran Turismo's. Just don't see the F-Type or a stretched XK replacing the XKR for GT use.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
I love the car but have come to accept that l need and want a bit of extra space with my performance and luxury. And there still isn't a better car for that than the XKR/RS. Not sure if the stretched proportions of the up-coming XK redesign will lose the "sports" in sports GT, but I'd be happy if they kept the XK in its current 2+2 configuration, and a stretched 2+2 for those needing a more usable back seat like the Gran Turismo's. Just don't see the F-Type or a stretched XK replacing the XKR for GT use.
I'm completely with you in this regard.
I used the opportunity to test drive the F-Type (the V6 with 340 hp) and although it was really a nice car, I couldn't get familiar with it. Actually after the we calculated a possible set-up for me, I looked at the 2012 XKR convertible (9.000 miles) they had in the showroom and we a then discussed that one more seriously.

I can't even fit a quarter of my luggage into the trunk of the F-Type (from the trunk of my XK) and even the convertibles trunk (XKR) would easily swallow two to three times the luggage - and not to mention the (so called) rear seats.

Guess I'm also gotten somewhat more comfy orientated. And that coming from someone who (in his early twenties) declared, that he couldn't care less about comfort, as long as the car has raw speed and maneuverability.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by PercyPickwick
Guess I'm also gotten somewhat more comfy orientated. And that coming from someone who (in his early twenties) declared, that he couldn't care less about comfort, as long as the car has raw speed and maneuverability.
Don't be too hard on yourself. When I was in my early 20's I was single, still living with my parents, could go away for a weekend and sleep on the floor, and everything I owned would neatly fit into the near non-existent trunk of my E-Type vert. Today I drove to the cottage with my overnight bag, small cooler, jacket, shoes and a couple of other small things in the XKR vert trunk, and had to put the bag of clean laundry in the back seat. Now I probably could have stuffed my laundry into the empty nooks and crannies in the trunk but keeping them together in the bag just seemed like the right thing to do.

I lowered the roof when the sweltering heat had dropped a little, then put it back up when it started to rain, had to use cruise control all the way because by the time it shifts to 3rd I was already over the speed limit, I passed a train of slowish moving cars with traction exceeding-torque like they were standing still, and marveled at the great ride quality, performance, and handling. Other times I'm tearing around a race track holding my own with Vettes and Vipers marveling at the great ride quality, performance and handling.

The F-Type is all the rage right now, but the XKR has all the looks, comfort, high performance, reliability and exclusivity, along with a bit more cargo practicality...and a lightly used one represents staggering value due to depreciation. It'll be interesting to see where long-term resale values go for each model.