F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F type cruise Northern Cali

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default F type cruise Northern Cali

Hey everyone I was wondering when the next F type car cruise/lunch is. I think we all should do one soon on a nice day or even in the rain. I'm new to forum so not sure how these things are organized.
Thanks Matt

Old 01-18-2016, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Matt,

I'm new to the forum too, but a cruise sounds like fun! Keep me posted.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

Won't be good weather oil March I believe.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone say cruise?

Old 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by JCis149
Someone say cruise?
Someone did! Someone also said "Cali"

I guess I'm a curmudgeonly native Californian.

Already this thread spans from Santa Cruz to Santa Rosa. There's easily a week's worth of great roads in between (especially if you cheat a bit and extend the range a little).

Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Someone did! Someone also said "Cali"

I guess I'm a curmudgeonly native Californian.

Already this thread spans from Santa Cruz to Santa Rosa. There's easily a week's worth of great roads in between (especially if you cheat a bit and extend the range a little).
LOL . . . not a native, but lived a decade in the Bay Area. In addition, to "Cali," I still grit my teeth when someone says "Frisco."

Old 01-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Might be a while until a cruise/lunch...weather is so too crappy these days to plan much. truth be told, I've driven the car so little last couple of months and seeing the el nino predictions won't be driving it much next couple of months I'm thinking of selling the car!!! damn you el nino!!!!

Old 01-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by shift
Might be a while until a cruise/lunch...weather is so too crappy these days to plan much. truth be told, I've driven the car so little last couple of months and seeing the el nino predictions won't be driving it much next couple of months I'm thinking of selling the car!!! damn you el nino!!!!
[ sad face ]

If I waited for perfect weather I'd never get to drive the car. Since I bought it, I've driven less than 100 miles in everything else combined. Even in heavy rain last night coming home from the City, it drove quite well. I had it in TracDSC mode too.

I figured I might get a little lightness in some places on the freeway but I didn't. Considering the width of the tires, I was pleasantly surprised.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
LOL . . . not a native, but lived a decade in the Bay Area. In addition, to "Cali," I still grit my teeth when someone says "Frisco."
"Frisco" is old, "Cali" is new. They're both distasteful. Frisco is a town in Colorado. Cali is in Colombia. Might as well tilt at windmills as fight it, but I won't give up.

Separately, I was hoping to go for a nice drive today, but I've had the nastiest cold, and it just go away. I took a couple of naps, and cleaned up where mice have been pooping on my engine cover. Such a delightful way to spend a holiday.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I'm curious. What are you afraid of? A bunch of wind and rain can't hurt your car. No ice or snow on the street and I'm driving it. Now, if trees start falling in the roadway, I'll probably keep it in the garage.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Now, if trees start falling in the roadway, I'll probably keep it in the garage.
That's a very real risk on my commute route. I still don't understand why people want to *save the eucalyptus* in the Oakland and Berkeley hills. They're a hazard, but one that currently can't be touched because of their fans. They're a menace.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
People actually say Frisco? I thought the proper title was just "The City".

Old 01-18-2016, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
People actually say Frisco? I thought the proper title was just "The City".
Probably only "old farts" these days. Living in Palo Alto, we usually referred to SF as "the city."

Old 01-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I'm curious. What are you afraid of? A bunch of wind and rain can't hurt your car. No ice or snow on the street and I'm driving it. Now, if trees start falling in the roadway, I'll probably keep it in the garage.
I guess California has been spoiled by such nice weather the last few years (drought aside) that this prolonged rainy winter is not something we're used to. Sure I can still drive it...but not really the sunny weekend getaway that I'm used to, with windows down, wind in the your hair...you get the picture. Also, I'm pretty **** about keeping the car always clean...so after a drive in the rain I have to either immediately wash it (PITA) or send it to the detailers ($$$$)...

Old 01-18-2016, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

Also, I'm pretty **** about keeping the car always clean...so after a drive in the rain I have to either immediately wash it (PITA) or send it to the detailers ($$$$)...
I let that go when a motorcycle I'd waited 14 months for got totaled in an intersection. It was a year after I got it that they were finally certified for California, and during that time most locals who had seen one had seen mine. It was great until it wasn't. That accident changed my outlook: other stuff too. I've got scars.

No matter what else I'm enjoying my car, but it's a thing and replaceable. The enjoyment is not replaceable. I don't want to be that guy who finally gets what he wants but is past the point of being able to enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed. I'm not saying you can't enjoy a Ferrari on the boulevard, but that's not what the designers intended.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

I let that go when a motorcycle I'd waited 14 months for got totaled in an intersection. It was a year after I got it that they were finally certified for California, and during that time most locals who had seen one had seen mine. It was great until it wasn't. That accident changed my outlook: other stuff too. I've got scars.

No matter what else I'm enjoying my car, but it's a thing and replaceable. The enjoyment is not replaceable. I don't want to be that guy who finally gets what he wants but is past the point of being able to enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed. I'm not saying you can't enjoy a Ferrari on the boulevard, but that's not what the designers intended.
Mine is a commuter car that I just had rain dump through a cracked window, overnight. Blow Dryer out and all. Joy.

But I am taking it on a 2 or 3 week road trip this summer throughout all the national parks in the west. I am definitely enjoying it for what it is. I would hate to be worried about it constantly. It can always be buffed, fixed, etc.

I just hope the rain wasn't so bad it gets smelly. Back to the blow dryer.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

That's a very real risk on my commute route. I still don't understand why people want to *save the eucalyptus* in the Oakland and Berkeley hills. They're a hazard, but one that currently can't be touched because of their fans. They're a menace.
I've worked with Eucalyptus that are considered invasive but couldn't be touched because they were on the national historic register as a windbreak.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

It's been a while since the cat got to stretch its legs so I took my FTR out for a bit last week while we had a patch of nice weather.

I'm not a huge fan of driving in inclement weather, but we could always plan for something and if its terrible weather just reschedule.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:14 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I guess California has been spoiled by such nice weather the last few years (drought aside) that this prolonged rainy winter is not something we're used to.

Current wind chill here: 6.

Deal with the rain.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm always down for a drive in the Sac/foothills/Napa area...

Quick Reply: F type cruise Northern Cali