F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type Goes After 25 to 54 Year Old Males

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Men 25-54, because at 55----? By the way, why just men? Certainly there are female buyers that think this car is desirable too? -or maybe not.... What kind of car DO female buyers want? What is targeted at them? Not this Jag? Honda civics and cute SUVs? -comfortable efficient cars with plenty of storage space? Are women just too practical and sensible to spend this kind of $ on a car--any car? Are there any women f-type owners on this forum?
(Just trying to stir the pot a little)

Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

yes, women don't have mid life crisis they want the mini vans and SUVs, and cars with high safety ratings and good mileage. of course they spend the money on shoes and purses, so it evens out

Old 07-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Just had a conversation with my wife about this. She would never buy an F-Type... it wouldn't even have occurred to her. She likes how it looks, but it doesn't appeal to her like it does to me.

In her opinion, women tend to more attracted to cars based on needs, where men tend to be attracted to cars based on wants. In her opinion, men in general seem to be more interested in bragging rights or symbols of status, and cars like the F-Type and 911's and exotics tend to support that. Women in powerful roles or in positions where they need to keep up with men may do the same thing, but usually only if they have another more conservative or "family friendly" vehicle as well.

So in her opinion, the F-Type probably appeals more to younger women who don't have kids, or older women who are well heeled, highly competitive, and/or work in a male dominated field need to show off their own status symbol now and then.

Of course there are ton of generalizations involved there, so I'm sure it doesn't apply across the demographic of women, but it seems reasonable to me.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
In her opinion, women tend to more attracted to cars based on needs, where men tend to be attracted to cars based on wants. In her opinion, men in general seem to be more interested in bragging rights or symbols of status,
The designer apparel industry would be out of business if this were true.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:28 AM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

As far as female buyers all I know is that my wife loves my F Type as much as I do. On the days i'm not driving it she usually steals it lol. But if she was single would she buy one? I doubt it simply cause she wouldn't be able to afford it on her own. Btw she is close to my age as well which is mid 30's.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose priority one for women--and men, is getting the kids and stuff around safely. I actually owned a minivan at one point because it was the most useful, etc.... I never lost the desire to have MY car, the car I drove to work every day be something special. So, I have owned a convertible, and a sports sedan. Many vehicles are a compromise. I want the four seats, the storage, the power, the reasonable insurance and payments, but the fun too. As I get older, comfort is beginning to be more important, so I have not decided 100% to get an f-type. Still, it is very special, beautiful, cool, and fun. And fun is taking an increasing priority too.

Yes the F-type is so impractical, even I will have to have another car/truck as well, just to go to home depot, etc. I don't see many women wanting that something special just for them to drive to work, or around town, or just for fun. Many men I know do.
This may be one of the great unsolvable mysteries of the universe.

Last edited by Matrixband; 07-28-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Matrixband
Men 25-54, because at 55----? By the way, why just men? Certainly there are female buyers that think this car is desirable too? -or maybe not.... What kind of car DO female buyers want? What is targeted at them? Not this Jag? Honda civics and cute SUVs? -comfortable efficient cars with plenty of storage space? Are women just too practical and sensible to spend this kind of $ on a car--any car? Are there any women f-type owners on this forum?
(Just trying to stir the pot a little)
Yes, there are several women F-Type members here who used to be fairly active.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
Just had a conversation with my wife about this. She would never buy an F-Type... it wouldn't even have occurred to her. She likes how it looks, but it doesn't appeal to her like it does to me.

In her opinion, women tend to more attracted to cars based on needs, where men tend to be attracted to cars based on wants. In her opinion, men in general seem to be more interested in bragging rights or symbols of status, and cars like the F-Type and 911's and exotics tend to support that. Women in powerful roles or in positions where they need to keep up with men may do the same thing, but usually only if they have another more conservative or "family friendly" vehicle as well.

So in her opinion, the F-Type probably appeals more to younger women who don't have kids, or older women who are well heeled, highly competitive, and/or work in a male dominated field need to show off their own status symbol now and then.

Of course there are ton of generalizations involved there, so I'm sure it doesn't apply across the demographic of women, but it seems reasonable to me.
My wife is exactly the same. She could have pretty much any vehicle she wants within some sense of reason, but she looks at cars very differently than I do. She looks at the practicality first, then comfort and features with things I care most about (looks, brand and performance) being largely an afterthought.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I've seen a couple female owners (at least drivers) around LA. They have all been in convertibles though. The convertible sports car has always been appealing to a segment of women in my observations. The F-Type is one of the best looking on the market so it wouldn't surprise me if there are a lot of female buyers out there looking at the F-Type.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

42 here, expat Brit. I bought the convertible because I've had a history of open top motoring even when I lived on mud island. The F-Type replaces a Mazdaspeed Miata.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

After years of Audi suv's my wife wanted a Maserati! I think it appealed to her on looks and rarity. She likes F Type better than our previous SLK55, easier to drive. She takes it when she wants to put roof down.