F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F Type Not Selling

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billydjenn
First of all it is going into winter, Jaguar overbuilt the first go at this and they know it. They have already slowed production down. The car is selling very well. It turns more heads than any car I have owned fro Viper, corvette etc. Fun car to drive as well. Its a true sport car (2 seats) totally different than the XF S/C etc. The EXHAUST!! Need I say more!
This totally makes sense but the inventories continue to build. Dealers are very aggressive on the V8S, not so much the V6. I am being quote WELL under invoice. Getting ready to pull the trigger...

Eric

Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Go For It

If you are getting under invoice i would do it ina second. you will LOVE this car

Old 11-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's really good that the dealers are discounting so much, when I purchase my V8 S back in July here in Miami, Fl I pay full invoice price. I guess now it's the time to buy!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Australian F-Type Price Drop based on Jag MD quotes?

Given the article quoted below I asked Jaguar Australia for clarification regarding price drops and if/how they are passed on to existing customers...

But the following is a very strange statement from an MD... unless they move quickly and effectively to make a decision and include the small number of early adopters.

We shall see...

quote "Jaguar F-Type pricing is being re-evaluated following aggressive price cuts by Porsche Cars Australia on approach to the launch of the British roadster, Jaguar Land Rover Asia Pacific managing director David Blackhall has claimed.

“We’re evaluating F-Type in the market because the reality is, publicly known, that our competitors moved progressively and that we just can’t sit still,” Blackhall began.

“We haven’t made any decisions around this yet [but] we’re currently evaluating it.”

Asked directly whether Porsche viewed the F-Type as a threat to its Boxster and 911 Cabriolet lines, Blackhall was unequivocal.

“The results seem to say they took a look at the car [F-Type] and said ‘we’re going to protect our turf’. Clearly if our key competitor changes the price relationship in the market we’ve got to think about what we can do to respond – is it more equipment, is it lower price? I don’t know"

In April this year, Porsche Cars Australia reduced the price of the Boxster to $101,500 (-$5500) and Boxster S to $126,500 (-$6800), while the 911 Carrera cabriolet moved to $228,900 (-$25,700) and the Carrera S cabriolet to $266,200 (-$21,600).

The Jaguar F-Type launched from A$139,000 for the 3.0-litre supercharged V6, A$171,400 for the V6 S and A$202,300 for the V8 S.

“We were comfortable with where we wound up,” Blakhall.

“We thought the car justified the price equation … but when the goalposts move, you’ve got to be a realist and say well we need to evaluate what that means for us.”

The managing director noted criticism of the F-Type’s extensive options list – with such normally standard items such as rain sensing wipers ($510) and dual-zone climate control ($980) – adding that making some options standard may be an alternative to a price reduction.

“They’re the sort of areas you’d evaluate. You’d also look at take rates, and say ‘what’s the take rate? Has it worked?’”

Blackhall maintained, however, that the F-Type has been a huge success for the local arm, with the first allocated batch of cars all sold-out.

“I’m not rushing [to change pricing], but I am evaluating.

“I’m being a bit pre-emptive here because the team has just written that paper, and I’ve got it and I haven’t read it yet…

“It’s an evaluation of what our competitive position is, and we need to digest that and understand what we should do”.

from

Jaguar F-Type: Porsche forces local pricing evaluation |*CarAdvice

in the Sydney morning Herald Blackhalll said:

"We are evaluating what to do with F-Type in the market place at the moment," Jaguar Land Rover Asia Pacific boss, David Blackhall, told Drive during the launch of the all-new Range Rover Sport in Tasmania.

It says early demand for the car has exceeded it expectations with the initial shipment of vehicles already sold out, and has doubled its next order to meet further demand.

But it recognises that it may need to adjust the pricing and/or specification levels by including some of the long list of optional extras as standard equipment to compete on more even ground. None get a reversing camera or dual-zone air-conditioning as standard, for example, while things like heated seats and rain-sensing wipers also cost extra.

Blackhall has called on Jaguar to draft a review of the F-Type's position and is due to make a call on any future adjustments soon, although he admits any such move is unlikely to happen until 2014.

"We thought the car justified its price and performance but the goal posts were moved," Blackhall added.

"We're not resting but I am evaluating it at the moment."

Jaguar set to cut F-Type pricing

Jags response to me was a retraction, saying:

"This email is in response to inaccuracies in the article and to confirm Jaguar Australia are not in the process of repricing F-TYPE at either variant nor specification level. ..."

However I contacted one of the two independent journalists and he was adamant that there were no "inaccuracies"...

and right now there's 38 cars for sale online....

You wouldn't want to be the last person to pay full price would you?.. take the gloss of your new car faster than acid...

The following 2 users liked this post by Paulfcdx:
Brutal (11-11-2013), stephen.travers1 (01-01-2015)
Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulfcdx
The Jaguar F-Type launched from A$139,000 for the 3.0-litre supercharged V6, A$171,400 for the V6 S and A$202,300 for the V8 S.
Holy crap! A fully loaded, top-o-the-line V8S (like mine ) retails for about US$110K vs. the equivalent of about US$190K in Australia.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

Holy hell. I just looked up my local Jaguar's inventory. They have 18!!!!!!!!!! F-Types in stock!!!!!

How is that even possible? I don't think I've ever seen them have 18 new Jaguars in stock, much less 18 of the same brand new model.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I think it will go viral...

Ok, car arrived Friday, V6S, Silver, black pack and wheels, and its awesome and I'm besotted and exhausted, my face hurts from smiling..

But while driving around I was wondering, what's the deal??

The chatter on the fora is universally great, the reviews were outstanding, you couldn't pull more attention with Angelina Jolie strapped to the hood, I've driven one on a track and it just took everything from 20 or so drivers who caned it and it never missed a beat.

Yet dealers have inventory...what gives?

I wonder if it's just that Jag is so new to this performance market that as well as having a great car they just have to fight that much harder for top of mind space with new purchasers...not many think performance car - ftype....

Porsche has 50 years of brand polishing, the supercars are in a different league, even if only on price...

It's creating a new market, a new brand awareness. Remember that if you wanted an E-type you're already old, and the E-type as a classic, a museum piece is not as a reason for many to queue for an f-type.

But I think most products that go viral start this way, albeit not at this pricepoint. A car purchase is not a whim, like a pair of dessert boots or whatever. it's a considered purchase and will take time.

But I just can't see this car failing.

I think sales momentum will build, and then take off. The more people see cars on the road, the more Jag will be seen to be back, I just can't see it not getting "traction" in the market, it's just a question of time.

Me, I'll always be glad I got one of the first...

Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Holy hell. I just looked up my local Jaguar's inventory. They have 18!!!!!!!!!! F-Types in stock!!!!!

How is that even possible? I don't think I've ever seen them have 18 new Jaguars in stock, much less 18 of the same brand new model.

I know a dealer in my area that shows a lot of F-Types in their inventory. However, the owner has 4 locations in Southern California and the inventory shows the F-Types at all 4 of the locations.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,586 Likes on 8,292 Posts

Originally Posted by thorton-1
I know a dealer in my area that shows a lot of F-Types in their inventory. However, the owner has 4 locations in Southern California and the inventory shows the F-Types at all 4 of the locations.
Just curious,,which dealer might that be??

Old 11-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Our local dealer seemed to be moving them pretty well until a couple of weeks ago; it's not exactly car-buying season. Besides, it could be worse: over half the new Gen V Vipers made are listed for sale as new cars on Autotrader.com.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,290 Likes on 889 Posts

I read a report that in Oz at least, XK sales are up and I guess this might be robbing the f-type of a few. Certainly it was initially my interest in the f-type that led me to buy the XKR, mainly because the XKR prices have been reduced significantly, and over here a decently optioned V6S costs about the same as a new XKR coupe (I was thinking of holding out for the f-type coupe but couldnt, especially when they started talking about the coupe costing more than the 'vert).

Old 11-18-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorton-1

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Just curious,,which dealer might that be??

The dealers are: Hornburg - Los Angeles, Hornburg- Santa Monica, Jaguar - Newport Beach and Jaguar - Mission Viejo

I just looked on the website and they have 106 F-Types among the four of them. Go to any of those dealer's web sites and it will show you all 106. However, it does note the location of each vehicle which can be missed if you are not looking closely. I am very surprised that they have that many.

Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Jayt2 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That does seem excessive amount. After the super bowl airs then they will disappear!

Old 11-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by apexhunter
That does seem excessive amount. After the super bowl airs then they will disappear!
I think this is wishful thinking. Dealers are already offering significantly below invoice to try to move the cars. I know the time of year is bad but the number of cars out there is staggering. I really want to get one but the sales (or lack of) is scaring the heck out of me.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by pnd4pnd
I think this is wishful thinking. Dealers are already offering significantly below invoice to try to move the cars. I know the time of year is bad but the number of cars out there is staggering. I really want to get one but the sales (or lack of) is scaring the heck out of me.
Well scaring me too that I over paid. I got 8k off MSRP plus upgraded wheels for free. However I will not look back. I love the car to death! It does not disappoint every drive even if its a little one. To me its a bonus if they do not sell as it car will be more rare.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

If the F-Type isn't a financial success, perhaps all Jaguars will be rare--because they will be out of business!

Old 11-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I love the F-Type!! But, it's just too expensive.... Jaguar should have used the same strategy in the launch of the F-Type as they did the 2010 XFR...over deliver at bargain price. No options....everything loaded at 10-15K less than the competition ...a loaded F-Type V8S should be 92K. That would severely undercut the 911.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Not even close

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
If the F-Type isn't a financial success, perhaps all Jaguars will be rare--because they will be out of business!
JLR is up over 36% in sales YTD. They are on FIRE!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 AM

It's not expensive!

If you want a cheap, go buy a Hyundai. You want just fast, go buy a Corvette. There is nothing near as fast as a Vette for anywhere near the money they sell those for.
You want to show boat buy a Ferrari or Lambo. You can pick up used Ferrari 360 (with fresh maintenance, Belts, fluid etc) for less than a new F-Type.

You want luxury, overall performance in all areas, fun to drive every time with a smile on your face, looks and heritage then buy the Jaguar. I test drove every top car maker for months and choose the Jaguar. I surprised myself. I was not even considering a Jaguar. The sales guy basically begged me to give it a chance over the DB9 I was looking at. I'm glad I did take that test drive. After driving other cars like the Ferrari, Bentley, Lambo, Vette, Porsche etc I took the Jaguar without a second thought. Its worth EVERY penny hands down!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

regardless of whether the F is selling well or not.....i do think that the price is a little steep, especially for the V8.

when you start comparing it to other cars in that price range....you start to realize theres so many other cars that you can get...and get more for the money.....i mean even the XK is a direct competitor.

now i understand one is a roadster and the other is a GT car. but with that being said, dollar for dollar, id rather have the GT car.

it was silly for Jaguar to price them so close together

Quick Reply: F Type Not Selling